Big Twelve North Champs!

knapplc

It hasn't always been pretty. Sometimes it's been downright depressing. But the problems we've had all season pale in comparison to the successes we're going to have in the years to come.

We'll look back on this season as the year we started taking back what is rightfully ours.

Notice is officially served: Nebraska means business once again.

May God have mercy on your souls, because Bo surely won't. :)

NebraskaCornhuskers.png

Took Callahan two losing seasons before he accomplished this stepping stone. Pelini got it in his second year, and possibly will do it with regularity from here on out. Huge night for Nebraska. Huge night for Pelini. Go big red!

Callahan got it in his third year. Pelini got it in his second. Pelini also came in with more to work with, but anyway. Not important. Big, big win tonight. I'm glad we got it.

Fanbase needs to stop jumping the gun though. "Order Restored?" Please...we can be happy but let's please not raise our expectations that high yet. Let's be real, Bo's turning this program around but it's a process and there's much to improve upon and it's going to take time.

It hasn't always been pretty. Sometimes it's been downright depressing. But the problems we've had all season pale in comparison to the successes we're going to have in the years to come.

We'll look back on this season as the year we started taking back what is rightfully ours.

Notice is officially served: Nebraska means business once again.

May God have mercy on your souls, because Bo surely won't. :)

NebraskaCornhuskers.png

Brought a tear to my eye. Like I said in another thread, Nebraska is back in many ways and the future looks very bright. It's time for some Buffalo meat!!!

Took Callahan two losing seasons before he accomplished this stepping stone. Pelini got it in his second year, and possibly will do it with regularity from here on out. Huge night for Nebraska. Huge night for Pelini. Go big red!

Callahan got it in his third year. Pelini got it in his second. Pelini also came in with more to work with, but anyway. Not important. Big, big win tonight. I'm glad we got it.

Fanbase needs to stop jumping the gun though. "Order Restored?" Please...we can be happy but let's please not raise our expectations that high yet. Let's be real, Bo's turning this program around but it's a process and there's much to improve upon and it's going to take time.

Relax we won.. ;););)

Hmmm, I am excited too of course, but I am also realistic. We are 8-3 with 3 wins coming from junior varsity teams (equivalent too at least), a win against what is now a bad Oklahoma team, a not-so-good Kansas team either and a loss to Iowa State. Our offense is still horrible but we have one of the best defenses in the country.

So I think it's premature to say we are officially back as winning the North to me doesn't seem like that much of an accomplishment considering everything listed above. I know some or most will disagree, but you got to look at this with a clear head and not just your enthusiasm from winning tonight.

Relax we won.. ;););)

Ah what the hey. Didn't mean to come off as a downer...I'm real psyched!! :cheers

Hmmm, I am excited too of course, but I am also realistic. We are 8-3 with 3 wins coming from junior varsity teams (equivalent too at least), a win against what is now a bad Oklahoma team, a not-so-good Kansas team either and a loss to Iowa State. Our offense is still horrible but we have one of the best defenses in the country.

So I think it's premature to say we are officially back as winning the North to me doesn't seem like that much of an accomplishment considering everything listed above. I know some or most will disagree, but you got to look at this with a clear head and not just your enthusiasm from winning tonight.

Nothing you say is wrong. But note - I didn't say we were "back." I said we mean business once again.

I have grave concerns about this offense. I have concerns about this defense (KSU out-yarded us). But we're better. We're better than we ever were under our last coach, and we are continuing to improve. Progress is being made, and with a few more years of Bo, we ought to be in line for more good things.

Are we there yet? No, and I don't think even the biggest kool-aid drinker thinks we are. But could we confidently say we're heading in the right direction? I think most everyone would say we are. And that's what this thread is about. ;)