Big Twelve North Champs!

knapplc

Took Callahan two losing seasons before he accomplished this stepping stone. Pelini got it in his second year, and possibly will do it with regularity from here on out. Huge night for Nebraska. Huge night for Pelini. Go big red!

Callahan got it in his third year. Pelini got it in his second. Pelini also came in with more to work with, but anyway. Not important. Big, big win tonight. I'm glad we got it.

Fanbase needs to stop jumping the gun though. "Order Restored?" Please...we can be happy but let's please not raise our expectations that high yet. Let's be real, Bo's turning this program around but it's a process and there's much to improve upon and it's going to take time.

Relax we won.. ;););)

Ah what the hey. Didn't mean to come off as a downer...I'm real psyched!! :cheers

Thats the spirit. We can afford to celebrate a bit as a fanbase. We have it coming.. :)

Winning the North wasn't at all a given at the start of the year, but then again nobody expected both Missouri and KU to tank either. It's a good start to getting back. We can't control what the rest of the north is like, but I want people to say "How can you say the B12N is weak when they've got Nebraska?"

Well said, sir. :thumbs

Hmmm, I am excited too of course, but I am also realistic. We are 8-3 with 3 wins coming from junior varsity teams (equivalent too at least), a win against what is now a bad Oklahoma team, a not-so-good Kansas team either and a loss to Iowa State. Our offense is still horrible but we have one of the best defenses in the country.

So I think it's premature to say we are officially back as winning the North to me doesn't seem like that much of an accomplishment considering everything listed above. I know some or most will disagree, but you got to look at this with a clear head and not just your enthusiasm from winning tonight.

I really dont understand why its so hard to be excited about what is occurring now and stop using it as insignificant point.

We are Division Champs and have our destiny in our own hands. What more could we really ask for at this point?

we are now 2-2 for getting the big 12 north title

You're not counting last year, are you? :dunno

shares count right?

I do not think so. It was nice to "share" it last year in a way, but when the team you "shared" it with pasted you 52-17, that's not something to hang your hat on.

Let's just say Bo has won half the North titles he could, and look forward to bumping that up to .667 next year, what do you say? :thumbs

Considering how dire the season looked after the ISU game, I think there's reason for celebration right now

As predicted, we are the Big 12 North Champions, we are continuing to improve, and even if Texas rolls us, I will consider this season a success

This team and these coaches do not give up, it's a great feeling to have

Took Callahan two losing seasons before he accomplished this stepping stone. Pelini got it in his second year, and possibly will do it with regularity from here on out. Huge night for Nebraska. Huge night for Pelini. Go big red!

Callahan got it in his third year. Pelini got it in his second. Pelini also came in with more to work with, but anyway. Not important. Big, big win tonight. I'm glad we got it.

Fanbase needs to stop jumping the gun though. "Order Restored?" Please...we can be happy but let's please not raise our expectations that high yet. Let's be real, Bo's turning this program around but it's a process and there's much to improve upon and it's going to take time.

Yeah right, Callahan took over a bowl winning 10 - 3 program. Bo takes over Callahan's destroyed 5 - 7 program. So Bo had more initially to work with than Callahan?????

Whatever you're smoking.....I want it!!