Where does Texas outshine Nebraska?

We all know The Blackshirts are playing good football. The O is getting better but is still very shaky. We need better blocking to run the ball.. plain and simple. We will have to throw everything + the kitchen sink to beat The Slonghorns. No one is going to give us a snowball's chance in hell on Dec. 5th. I bet they will be favored by at least 3 scores...and I thinks that can make us dangerous. I would love to pay them back for muffing our chance for a 3 peat back in 96. They were unranked that year.

It sure would be nice to play in the Fiesta Bowl, again. :koolaid2:

people have to realize the pressure is all on texas here...they have to win to play for a national championship...there in a lose lose situation pretty much when it comes to the fans point of view...they kill us..okay yea thats what they were suppose to do...if we play them close then its... do they really deserve to be in the national championship game if they almost lose to us....so the pressure is on them...weather thats a good thing or bad thing for us im not sure yet....

Wide receiver, QB, o-line on offense. Pretty much their offense as a whole is way above and beyond Nebraska's offense.

Secondary is pretty even (although I would definitely say Texas has more depth there), linebacker, and DE on defense (Allen has been injured, Turner and Meredith are okay). I would say overall, our defenses are pretty close.

Shipley is one of the best PR in the country.

It will be a very, very difficult game for Nebraska to find a way to win.

the polls.

every game is winnable.

find a way to win.

upsets happen.

:yeah:yeah:yeah:yeah:yeah:yeah:yeah

Texas has struggled quite a bit this season with starting slow. They started slow again Wyoming, Oklahoma, Missouri, Kansas, etc. It's usually not until the second half that they start to pull away. If we can put some points on the board and keep them from blowing us out in the 1st half, we may just be able to pull this out.

:yeah:yeah:yeah:yeah:yeah:yeah:yeah

Unfortunately, everywhere but DT, TE and P/K...

QB - Crystal clear, no explanation needed

RB - Even at best...lean to Texas because they don't lean on their backs to win games like Nebraska, but when they need them, they are there

WR - Shipley isn't even their biggest threat...Malcolm Williams is a freak and hopefully Greg Davis (Texas OC) continues to struggle to get him consistent touches. Niles Paul will only be effective if we force the

Horns to bring their safeties to the line to help stop the run

TE - McNeill because quite frankly the TE in UT's offense is non-existant due to numerous injuries and adjustments made to formations not using TEs much

OL - UT has a much more experienced OL and does the job and avoids being penalized

DE - Houston is pretty damn good, and it would be fun watching him line up with Suh and Crick

LB - Phil Dill is the only one that will really be on the field in this game and is not as good as UT's top 3 LBs

CB - This is an interesting comparison because I think if we are to win we will have to expose Curtis Brown and I have really enjoyed the growth of our CBs, but still would lean towards UT only slightly

S - Earl Thomas and Blake Gideon are solid and consistent...Asante is solid and aggressive but not always consistent, O'Hanlon is still on my sh*t list for his lack of aggression about 90% of the time

PR/KR - Shipley is a game changer in the kick game, Paul is not...

K/P - Henery should win the Guy award for his accuracy and important placement of short kicks but the national writers don't pay attention to the importance of that..they like big averages...

Our D will be solid if the DL has their legs under them the whole game, either way we will need to be +2 or 3 in the TO Margin to win but this game will be within reach if we don't give them the ball...

UT - 31

Good Guys - 20

The QB position. Texas has a much better QB in Colt McCoy. NU needs a good showing from our defense to win the football game.

Final Score?

NU 24

UT 17

Has Nebraska ever beat Texas in the history of the world? I don't think they have.

You really should check your facts before you post. In 99 they beat us during the regular season, but we beat them in the Big 12 title game. Yeah, it's not much, but we have actually beaten them before. Surprisingly enough Callahan darn near beat them twice. I feel we do have a chance, except for one game in 03 most of our matchups with TX have been very close games.

The QB position. Texas has a much better QB in Colt McCoy. NU needs a good showing from our defense to win the football game.

Final Score?

NU 24

UT 17

Has Nebraska ever beat Texas in the history of the world? I don't think they have.

You really should check your facts before you post. In 99 they beat us during the regular season, but we beat them in the Big 12 title game. Yeah, it's not much, but we have actually beaten them before. Surprisingly enouph Callahan darn near beat them twice. I feel we do have a chance, exept for one game in 03 most of our matchups with TX have been very close games.

That's a really big word for some people, you may have to explain what you mean by this.