Where does Texas outshine Nebraska?

The QB position. Texas has a much better QB in Colt McCoy. NU needs a good showing from our defense to win the football game.

Final Score?

NU 24

UT 17

We could win the game..... but there is no way our offense scores 24 on them. If we win it would be more like a 13-10 or 7-3 score. And that is still a long shot.

wow, offensively, they make us look sick. their skill positions, with McCoy and Shipley alone are light years ahead of us. defensively, we will challenge them for 2-3 quarters, before the D breaks down, thanks to our 3 and out offense. our offense will need a drastic over-haul during the upcoming off season...it begins with saying GB to Wats.

wow, offensively, they make us look sick. their skill positions, with McCoy and Shipley alone are light years ahead of us. defensively, we will challenge them for 2-3 quarters, before the D breaks down, thanks to our 3 and out offense. our offense will need a drastic over-haul during the upcoming off season...it begins with saying GB to Wats.

Wats is not the problem. The guy has proven he can get things done. The problem goes much deeper than Wats.

He at least has done something nobody else on this coaching staff has with the exception of one coach, and that is win a Big 12 Title. Youth and inexperience is what is killing this offense. If we had a 4 year starter at QB, a standout WR, and a more consistent o-line, nobody would be complaining about Wats.

If you really don't like Wats, just wait it out. He will get a HC job soon enough.

****As a side note, when I saw the OP's name in this thread I immediately assumed it was another bench Lee thread. <_<

I agree. The defense is amazing, but I don't see them denying the Texas offense for 4 quarters. It will be a good learning experience for the young players. As far as overhauling the offense, it seems like they just don't have the athletes right now to do what they want to do. Hopefully that can be rectified in the future.

While we are free to discuss any opponent we choose, even the ISU game in 2087, it seems to me that almost everyone on this board has CU counted in our W column already. I know, I know, we fans don't affect the outcome of games, but if people keep telling the Huskers to beat Texas, they too will lose focus. Given that CU games are always close, we can't overlook them.

Our offense needs to play to win. Our gameplan against OU will not work against Texas. The Texas offense is light years ahead of Oklahoma's right now. Sometimes the right gameplan and mentality can be enough to make a bad or average offense look pretty good.

I would turn to Iowa for a perfect example. Iowa's offense (gameplanned by Ken O'Keefe) has looked pretty mediocre for many games this season. Like us, they've mostly allowed their defense to win games for them, and approached the offense with a play not to lose mentality. But they knew that wouldn't work against Ohio St., and they approached it completely differently. And there offense actually looked pretty good, as they almost upset a Buckeye team with a pretty good defense.

While we are free to discuss any opponent we choose, even the ISU game in 2087, it seems to me that almost everyone on this board has CU counted in our W column already. I know, I know, we fans don't affect the outcome of games, but if people keep telling the Huskers to beat Texas, they too will lose focus. Given that CU games are always close, we can't overlook them.

Good point. That game has me a tad bit concerned. They always play us tough and they've show flashes of excellence of late, whether they can string it together for an entire game is always a tossup this season.