Bo Pelini: Colorado is our rival

knapplc

I see a consensus among the "non-rivalry with CU believers" that a big reason why they disagree with labeling this game a rivalry game is because Bill McCartney handpicked Nebraska as the rival. Playing NU every year was a great measuring stick for building a program. Well, Colorado has reached the lofty heights that Nebraska has reached. They don't match us in overall history of accomplishments; only a handful of teams do, however they've won Conference Championships, they've won a National Championship, they've won individual player trophies and have put several successful players into the NFL.

What other North Division team has done all this?? Heck, what other Big XII team has done all this? Nebraska, Oklahoma and Texas.

Nebraska-Oklahoma wasn't a rivalry from game #1. Rivalries are developed and I think that NU-CU has definitely developed into a rivalry. They've ruined seasons for us, they've taken championships away and they ended our bowl streak. Our games fall under the cliche of "throw the records out" because over the last decade, the winner of this game is usually within 7 points.

You can point at the fact that Colorado has been down the last few years, but heck-- we've been irrelevant in college football for nearly a decade now! NU-OU is a great rivalry. NU-CU is also a great rivalry.

GO BIG RED! Beat the hell out of Colorado!!

I see a consensus among the "non-rivalry with CU believers" that a big reason why they disagree with labeling this game a rivalry game is because Bill McCartney handpicked Nebraska as the rival. Playing NU every year was a great measuring stick for building a program. Well, Colorado has reached the lofty heights that Nebraska has reached. They don't match us in overall history of accomplishments; only a handful of teams do, however they've won Conference Championships, they've won a National Championship, they've won individual player trophies and have put several successful players into the NFL.

What other North Division team has done all this?? Heck, what other Big XII team has done all this? Nebraska, Oklahoma and Texas.

Nebraska-Oklahoma wasn't a rivalry from game #1. Rivalries are developed and I think that NU-CU has definitely developed into a rivalry. They've ruined seasons for us, they've taken championships away and they ended our bowl streak. Our games fall under the cliche of "throw the records out" because over the last decade, the winner of this game is usually within 7 points.

You can point at the fact that Colorado has been down the last few years, but heck-- we've been irrelevant in college football for nearly a decade now! NU-OU is a great rivalry. NU-CU is also a great rivalry.

GO BIG RED! Beat the hell out of Colorado!!

I guess some of us just have loftier standards for who we consider "comparable" to our team.

To each their own. :thumbs

From Forde yard dash (with all the blah-blah taken out), a neutral independent outside observer

LInk

Rivalry Rebellion

Half of the BCS top 10 will play an ancient, bitter rival this week -- but few of them are expected to even be close. The Dash is hoping the underdogs rise up and at least give us some rivalry games worth watching. A quick look at the five games:

Texas at Texas A&M

Alabama at Auburn

Pittsburgh at West Virginia

Florida State at Florida

Georgia at Georgia Tech

Rivalry Undercard

Thirteen other feud games to keep an eye on this weekend:

Oklahoma-Oklahoma State

Virginia-Virginia Tech

Washington-Washington State

Clemson-South Carolina

Mississippi-Mississippi State

North Carolina-NC State

Arizona-Arizona State

Missouri-Kansas

Utah-Brigham Young

UCLA-USC

Tennessee-Kentucky

Rice-Houston

Colorado State-Wyoming

Hmmm - Is there a game that is conspicuously missing?

I just want to throw a piss bomb at all of you!!!!

hahaha

I'd really like to learn the good ol' Colorado technique of filling water balloons with piss. I mean... how in the heck can normal people accomplish a feat like that? There should be some kind of massive pressure to inflate those things. I could understand how they fit their tiny willy in the balloon mouth but... inflating them with piss until they are the size of tomatoes? That has got to be an incredible skill to master.

1. Fill your mouth with urine

2. Blow it into the balloon.

At least I assume that's why CU fans' breath smells that way.

I don't think that the crappiness of a team's fans a rivalry makes. I'm also one who believes that the OU rivalry is, essentially, dead (thank you, Big 12) but that one was more about the give and take of the series and the national implications the games often had. There also has been a healthy respect between the teams and fans. The neck and neck vying for position, slugfests, respect, etc. are what make a rivalry. Horrible fans and bad treatment is more or less grounds for a vendetta, not a rivalry.