Bo Pelini: Colorado is our rival

knapplc

I just want to throw a piss bomb at all of you!!!!

hahaha

I'd really like to learn the good ol' Colorado technique of filling water balloons with piss. I mean... how in the heck can normal people accomplish a feat like that? There should be some kind of massive pressure to inflate those things. I could understand how they fit their tiny willy in the balloon mouth but... inflating them with piss until they are the size of tomatoes? That has got to be an incredible skill to master.

You obviously have never been to Boulder on a Friday night...lol

You're right... I've stayed FAR away from Boulder so far.

then you have missed out on a really neat town....

Come on. I don't care that CU is not a good team. I always look forward to the Thanksgiving games. I think the fanbase as a whole hates CU with a passion. And they've played us ridiculously close when we were on top. We've had some really tight games with them lately.

And with the Thanksgiving format since the inception of the Big 12, I have to say if that's not a rivalry, what is?

So if we played Iowa State the day after Thanksgiving, that would make it a rivalry? :dunno

It's pretty obvious why we play Colorado on that date - the Big XII took away our rivalry game with Oklahoma, and the Huskers were unwilling to give up the national spotlight of that game on that date, so they slotted Colorado in as the next best thing.

Sounds like you just said that they became our rival.

"Next best thing" does not mean rival.

Since nobody else would do it, I went ahead and got the numbers I asked for way up there ^^^ at the top of the thread. Does this look like two comparable schools:

NU	CU
National Championships				  5	 1
Conference Championships			   46	26
Record (all time)			823/340/40	658/419/36
Consecutive sellouts				  304	? 
Heisman Trophy winners				  3	1
All other Trophy Winners			   21	8
Academic All-Americans				 64	?
Athletic All-Americans				106	30
Head-to-Head wins					  47	18
Bowl Games Played					  45	27

In what way is Colorado comparable to Nebraska? These numbers aren't even close. Not remotely close.

:sarcasm You could have compared how many players actually graduated at CU compared to our Academic All-Americans and we probably still won that category.

Just listening to all on the board, and their continual screaming of hatred of Colorado you wonder what it would take to be a rival.

I never hated Oklahoma, I respected them as a power. Colorado was once a power in this conference. Way more so than any other team we play. They have a NC and several conference championships. In 71 I think we beat Oklahoma for the NC, guess who was third a the end of the year. They always play us tough. Hatred for a team in many areas is a common bond for a rivalry.

I do not hate Colorado. Never had a problem at a game, but have not been to many. I lived in Colorado and wore a Husker cap nearly every single day. Never had my tires cut or shown any type of evil alleged to their fans.

If we need a rivalry game this one would fit is my guess. Bo thinks it is and is pushing it so if it is to the coach and the team it should be for the fans no matter your lack of respect for them. :dunno

Just listening to all on the board, and their continual screaming of hatred of Colorado you wonder what it would take to be a rival.

I never hated Oklahoma, I respected them as a power. Colorado was once a power in this conference. Way more so than any other team we play. They have a NC and several conference championships. In 71 I think we beat Oklahoma for the NC, guess who was third a the end of the year. They always play us tough. Hatred for a team in many areas is a common bond for a rivalry.

I do not hate Colorado. Never had a problem at a game, but have not been to many. I lived in Colorado and wore a Husker cap nearly every single day. Never had my tires cut or shown any type of evil alleged to their fans.

If we need a rivalry game this one would fit is my guess. Bo thinks it is and is pushing it so if it is to the coach and the team it should be for the fans no matter your lack of respect for them. :dunno

Would rather have KU...they are close by. More fans probably travel to KU than they do CU.

If we need a rivalry game this one would fit is my guess. Bo thinks it is and is pushing it so if it is to the coach and the team it should be for the fans no matter your lack of respect for them.

I would agree that IF we needed a rival, Colorado would be acceptable. But we don't.

One of my biggest gripes about this "rivalry" is that it's so artificial. It was originally manufactured out of pretty much nothing by Bill McCartney, and ignored by Nebraska for a good dozen years. Then the Big XII came along a couple of years after McCartney left, and ruined the NU/OU game, and chose Colorado as the "next best thing."

KU is just to damned nice to hate.

Great fans, friendly, down to earth, just south of Nebraska.

I have always liked the Kansas fans. Never expecting or demanding. Hard to make them a rival for most I would think.

If we go out to Colorado and clean their clocks so be it, but my guess is that haircutt will have them playing us as hard as they have played all year. We will get out of there by the skin of our teeth.

Of all the games this year we need this one the most. It gives credibility to the season. We lose it, it is a fall way down the ladder in the courtries eyes.

It normally is that way every year. It is a must win game for Nebraska every year.

I understand Bo's thinking.

Of all the games this year we need this one the most. It gives credibility to the season. We lose it, it is a fall way down the ladder in the courtries eyes.

It normally is that way every year. It is a must win game for Nebraska every year.

I don't see how this is a must-win game at all. We've already wrapped up the North, so there's no urgency there. We'll go to a bowl game win or lose, and possibly the same bowl win or lose, so there's no urgency there either. Suh isn't a genuine Heisman candidate so there's no need to pump his stats, so there's no need there.

The season lost all credibility by losing to Iowa State, and beating a 3-8 Colorado team (3-9 if we win) won't legitimize anything about our record.

We gain nothing by beating this team. Nothing.

I don't see how this is a must-win game at all. We've already wrapped up the North, so there's no urgency there. We'll go to a bowl game win or lose, and possibly the same bowl win or lose, so there's no urgency there either. Suh isn't a genuine Heisman candidate so there's no need to pump his stats, so there's no need there.

The season lost all credibility by losing to Iowa State, and beating a 3-8 Colorado team (3-9 if we win) won't legitimize anything about our record.

except for maybe pride, legitimacy, confidence, momentum.....

If we lose, what are the rewards?

This fan base would go nuts.

We would fall in the public eye to where we were after the Iowa State loss.

This would be an even worse loss.

You build as a team.

This is a must win game for the kids to have any thought of beating Texas or any other quality team they face in a bowl.

We lose to Colorado we will end up in the Alamo bowl best case scenario. We will not beat Texas after a loss to Colorado.

NO game this year is as important to this team as this one is now.

The season would be a complete disappointment to damned nearly every fan out there.

Think about what you are saying Knapplc.

I would argue differently because if you lost to use and then to Texas that is a 2 game slide and I am not sure how eager the Cotton or Holiday Bowls would be, of course your travelling fan base is probably the best out there and they might still take a lesser Cornhusker team over say Texas Tech.