Burkhead should be the new starting RB

What a f&cking beast. IMO Nebraska should use Rex Burkhead as the #1 RB against Texas, I think his explosiveness gives us the best chance to gash Texas' D for some yards & put us in a position to put points on the board. Obviously we should use Helu too, but I think Burkhead should be the #1 back

Edited by AngryHusker88

Man, this thread erily sounds like a Cody Green thread from a few weeks ago.

No, people were saying Cody Green should start b/c alot of people (myself included) felt that Zac Lee sucked & Cody Green couldnt possibly do any worse. Burkhead & Helu are both studs (although Helu needs to hold on to the football better - like he did earlier in the season). I feel like Burkhead is our best back & Helu is our best big play threat.

Roy needs to protect the ball better.

:dunno

Roy has lost 3 fumbles in 3 years here. Two of them were against ISU when he should not have even been playing because he shoulder was so messed up.

if that caused him to fumble then yeah he shouldnt have been playing...... i'm just saying 3 fumbles in half a season is worrisome. hopefully its simply an injury issue.

Roy needs to protect the ball better.

:dunno

Roy has lost 3 fumbles in 3 years here. Two of them were against ISU when he should not have even been playing because he shoulder was so messed up.

if that caused him to fumble then yeah he shouldnt have been playing...... i'm just saying 3 fumbles in half a season is worrisome. hopefully its simply an injury issue.

Everyone knew that was the problem when Helu was constantly coming off favoring his shoulder.

Heck, his shoulder still isn't 100%, but he's playing through it.

I would almost take a picture of his fumble today, because it is a rarity. Almost like seeing Bigfoot.