Is running the ball 40 times and passing 14 times that bad

Today the Huskers ran 40 running plays and 14 passing plays. The reason for being 9-3 is because of the three things you need to win in football. Have a defense that can stop the run and limit tds in the red zone. Bo will have a defense for what ever long he is Head Coach. He knows defense. Just look at all the defensive recruits that are coming in. Young fast defense. # 2 special teams. A reliable special teams goes a long way. A 3rd of football but nobody really talks about. Just look a one person. Alex Henry. Watch All Big 12 kicker and punter!! Tell me who is better at kicking fields goals and those sick coffin corner kicks. He will be drafted in the NFL. 3rd the most important. Running the ball. If Bo starts recruiting tough run blocking lineman, Nebraska will become a beast of a team. The old Nebraska teams ran the ball 60 times and passed 10 times. Running the ball opens up the pass plays. Play action works. To me Nebraska wanted to become a passing team instead of a running team. You can Run 40 times and pass 20 times a game. Just picture next year with Green, Helu, Rex and Robinson running the ball 40 times. Passing to Paul, Kinnie, ( hey Wats, this kid could be like Purify but you only pass the ball to him 2 times), McNeil( same thing. He should average 5 catches a game), and some young recivers like Cooper and Bell. If Nebraska sticks to this formula they will be at lest 90% back. To win every coach says , to win the game you have to run the ball and stop the run. In reality Nebraska has a A in defense and speacial teams and a F in offense. This team might be 1-11. Just think of that. This offense sucks. GO BIG RED. Lets kick Texas ass next week even in defeat. Leave it all on the feild. BSC bowl with win.

I am not going to read this epic novel and instead just say...yeah that^. sorry I'm sure you made some good points, I'll read it when i'm a little less tired. W/O reading this I will say that being balanced is not all that important if a team is much better at one thing than another, balance is not necessary.

Well i did read it cuz i dont have much of a life :sarcasm

Good point, that's how championship teams win Championships. Look at the last 10 National Champions, and not a single one would be a "5wide, 20 coaches flailin there arms 18 directions, throw 60 times a game, missouri/texas tech offense". You have to be able to run to win, esp. the close games.

Special Teams are not 1/3 of the game.

Yeah, let's just be honest 1/4 (we score 7 of our 28 points today on special teams)

But really it's more like Offense 5/10 (theyre responsible for the points scored, at least i thought that before this year)

Defense 4.5/10 (just as important as off. but not asked to score, at least before this year)

Special teams, .5/10.

Is that an accurate assessment. Seriously, if it's that important, why arent the starters on the kickoff team and so on?

Yeah, let's just be honest 1/4 (we score 7 of our 28 points today on special teams)

But really it's more like Offense 5/10 (theyre responsible for the points scored, at least i thought that before this year)

Defense 4.5/10 (just as important as off. but not asked to score, at least before this year)

Special teams, .5/10.

Is that an accurate assessment. Seriously, if it's that important, why arent the starters on the kickoff team and so on?

do not forget what special teams does for our defense, did you see the average starting position of CU today?

Today the Huskers ran 40 running plays and 14 passing plays. The reason for being 9-3 is because of the three things you need to win in football. Have a defense that can stop the run and limit tds in the red zone. Bo will have a defense for what ever long he is Head Coach. He knows defense. Just look at all the defensive recruits that are coming in. Young fast defense. # 2 special teams. A reliable special teams goes a long way. A 3rd of football but nobody really talks about. Just look a one person. Alex Henry. Watch All Big 12 kicker and punter!! Tell me who is better at kicking fields goals and those sick coffin corner kicks. He will be drafted in the NFL. 3rd the most important. Running the ball. If Bo starts recruiting tough run blocking lineman, Nebraska will become a beast of a team. The old Nebraska teams ran the ball 60 times and passed 10 times. Running the ball opens up the pass plays. Play action works. To me Nebraska wanted to become a passing team instead of a running team. You can Run 40 times and pass 20 times a game. Just picture next year with Green, Helu, Rex and Robinson running the ball 40 times. Passing to Paul, Kinnie, ( hey Wats, this kid could be like Purify but you only pass the ball to him 2 times), McNeil( same thing. He should average 5 catches a game), and some young recivers like Cooper and Bell. If Nebraska sticks to this formula they will be at lest 90% back. To win every coach says , to win the game you have to run the ball and stop the run. In reality Nebraska has a A in defense and speacial teams and a F in offense. This team might be 1-11. Just think of that. This offense sucks. GO BIG RED. Lets kick Texas ass next week even in defeat. Leave it all on the feild. BSC bowl with win.

agreed to a certain point.....maybe against a weaker opponent you can shove the ball down their throats 50 times and get away with it....not gonna happen against texas. their defense is too good and fast. watson better come up with something fast because this vanilla playcalling ain't gonna work against texas...there's just no imagination whatsoever in his playcalling...we know texas's gonna score some point...time for the offense to pull their own weight.

agreed to a certain point.....maybe against a weaker opponent you can shove the ball down their throats 50 times and get away with it....not gonna happen against texas. their defense is too good and fast. watson better come up with something fast because this vanilla playcalling ain't gonna work against texas...there's just no imagination whatsoever in his playcalling...we know texas's gonna score some point...time for the offense to pull their own weight.

you missed the aTm game. however, some commentators (kirk and dez) are already talking about how that was a wake-up call for the Big XII championship.

Special teams, .5/10.

I thought Special teams scored 10..

Punt return=6

4 xp's =4...

Carry the knot...6+4...uh..

What comes after eleventy eleven?

10/28=almost a third

Any novice fan will tell you the Huskers offense does not present itself as a threat. The key word is threat. To me they have gone into submission for most of the game each of the past 4-5 weeks. Playing possum gets tiring to watch. They need to establish an identity first, then everything is created off of that.

This is our bread and butter. This is what we are going to do. You know it, they know it, and we are going to do it.

We haven't figured out what we want to be when we grow up, so to speak. It's all mix and match and run this play because it sounds good. Didnt work, so lets try to this play.

Damn.