Fiesta or Holiday

np_husker

Filed by Mitch Sherman at 5:02 p.m.

We'll dig more into this soon, but the initial thought after Oklahoma's 27-0 stomping of Oklahoma State today is that Nebraska is now headed to the Holiday Bowl if it loses next week to Texas in the Big 12 championship game.

If the Huskers win, of course, they're going to the BCS - likely the Fiesta Bowl. The Oklahoma State loss did nothing to change that, but it did remove the Cowboys from BCS at-large consideration.

OSU now appears bound for the Cotton Bowl.

The Cotton Bowl could still select NU as the championship-game loser, but Oklahoma State likely would look more attractive.

http://www.omaha.com/article/20091128/BIGR...89987/-1/bigred

NBC Sports has OK State in the Holiday and Nebraska in the Cotton. (they have OK State as the Big 12 number 3 and Nebaska #2). Did that change with today's loss to Oklahama? How is the two and three spot determined since we hold the same record. My guess is since we lost to TT, Iowa State and Beat OK and OK State beat Iowa State and TT and lost to OK that they would still the hold the number two spot since they beat two teams we lost to. Is this correct?

If we lose to Texas, Cotton will take OSU for two reasons: higher ranking/better record and that NU would've just played there. (They'll believe that more OSU fans would be willing to make the trip since it would be a first time trip to that stadium for their fans.)

I'll go to either the Fiesta or Holiday, but I think the Holiday would end up being the cheaper trip.

NBC Sports has OK State in the Holiday and Nebraska in the Cotton. (they have OK State as the Big 12 number 3 and Nebaska #2). Did that change with today's loss to Oklahama? How is the two and three spot determined since we hold the same record. My guess is since we lost to TT, Iowa State and Beat OK and OK State beat Iowa State and TT and lost to OK that they would still the hold the number two spot since they beat two teams we lost to. Is this correct?

It's not based on standings, the bowl gets their choice, meaning the Cotton gets the first choice after the BCS bowls, Holiday gets the next choice, and so on. This gives them some flexibility to avoid rematches and get someone they think will be a better draw for them.

I think for at least some bowls/conferences they have to pick someone within a spot or two standings-wise. I'm not sure how/if this applies to the Big 12.

It's not based on standings, the bowl gets their choice, meaning the Cotton gets the first choice after the BCS bowls, Holiday gets the next choice, and so on. This gives them some flexibility to avoid rematches and get someone they think will be a better draw for them.

I think for at least some bowls/conferences they have to pick someone within a spot or two standings-wise. I'm not sure how/if this applies to the Big 12.

Yeah, the Cotton Bowl could select the Jayhawks if they wanted to. What ...... they lost on a last second FG?...... Oh, never mind.

If by some miracle Nebraska does beat Texas who would Nebraska play against in the Fiesta?

I've seen the possibilities of Boise St. or Iowa.

i would love to play iowa, i think they will be the worst team playing in a BCS game. (that sounds harsher than it is, but i think they lack a lot of talent and play to their competition)

If by some miracle Nebraska does beat Texas who would Nebraska play against in the Fiesta?

I've seen the possibilities of Boise St. or Iowa.

i would love to play iowa, i think they will be the worst team playing in a BCS game. (that sounds harsher than it is, but i think they lack a lot of talent and play to their competition)

I think our D would give Stanzi fits. He's prone to throwing INT's under pressure.