Mangino's Replacements

CornHunka

I think they're delaying his firing until they have someone. It's crazy. Who's going to come to KU? Mangino had you guys respectable (although this season may have pulled some of that away)

Gill maybe....I think he may be happy at buffalo and content to settle down. We'll see. Didn't know about his daughter.

Not sure stanford to KU is a move up....probably a lateral move. More than likely it'll be a ron prince type of hire (as in a coordinator from another school) or another mangino (assistant)

I think the KU job is viewed more highly than you think.

Honestly those outside the KU program don't see it as that great. Even the sports talk people in the area are being realistic with their expectations. A lot of them seem to be high on the guy from Houston as he has texas recruiting ties. But getting back to the program and it's appeal...what appeal.

KU is a basketball school first. Don't see that changing anytime soon. And Harbaugh is supposedly on the Notre Dame watch list. He doesn't get that job, he'll wait for an equal or close opportunity. I mean at stanford he has some competition but no title game to mess with in order to get to the BCS games. KU has to recruit out of the area and needs someone that can pull kids from texass. Plus they have virtually zero football accomplishments of any note other than the orange bowl win. The job is definitely more appealing now than when mangino got here but not to the level a lot of jayhawk fans want to believe.

Yesterday, or maybe the day before, I thought I'd heard one of the talking heads on ESPN say Houston Nutt...

I laughed my ass off...

Why?

You don't think he is a good coach (I would argue he is)

You don't think he would consider it (He is on record as having done just that)

You don't think he was serious (Go read the Ole' Miss rivals site, they sure thought he was serious....)

I laughed because he may be one of the biggest "characters" in D1 football. It'd make me want to find a way to stream the Big XII coaches media day...

I think he's a good coach, even though he inhabits a place called "Planet Nutt", and even though he's goofy as hell, given the right circumstances he'd be all over it like white on rice on a paper plate with a glass of milk in a snowstorm

Yesterday, or maybe the day before, I thought I'd heard one of the talking heads on ESPN say Houston Nutt...

I laughed my ass off...

Why?

You don't think he is a good coach (I would argue he is)

You don't think he would consider it (He is on record as having done just that)

You don't think he was serious (Go read the Ole' Miss rivals site, they sure thought he was serious....)

I laughed because he may be one of the biggest "characters" in D1 football. It'd make me want to find a way to stream the Big XII coaches media day...

I think he's a good coach, even though he inhabits a place called "Planet Nutt", and even though he's goofy as hell, given the right circumstances he'd be all over it like white on rice on a paper plate with a glass of milk in a snowstorm

Cannot argue with that...

I think they're delaying his firing until they have someone. It's crazy. Who's going to come to KU? Mangino had you guys respectable (although this season may have pulled some of that away)

Gill maybe....I think he may be happy at buffalo and content to settle down. We'll see. Didn't know about his daughter.

Not sure stanford to KU is a move up....probably a lateral move. More than likely it'll be a ron prince type of hire (as in a coordinator from another school) or another mangino (assistant)

I think the KU job is viewed more highly than you think.

Honestly those outside the KU program don't see it as that great. Even the sports talk people in the area are being realistic with their expectations. A lot of them seem to be high on the guy from Houston as he has texas recruiting ties. But getting back to the program and it's appeal...what appeal.

KU is a basketball school first. Don't see that changing anytime soon. And Harbaugh is supposedly on the Notre Dame watch list. He doesn't get that job, he'll wait for an equal or close opportunity. I mean at stanford he has some competition but no title game to mess with in order to get to the BCS games. KU has to recruit out of the area and needs someone that can pull kids from texass. Plus they have virtually zero football accomplishments of any note other than the orange bowl win. The job is definitely more appealing now than when mangino got here but not to the level a lot of jayhawk fans want to believe.

Well, it has a fair amount. We have put a lot of money into it, our coach was WELL paid (more than Bo), we have one of the best football only training facilities in the country that is brand new, our attendance is way up and our recruting classes have gotten better talent into the school. Add to that we are in the Big 12, but in the easier half, and the Big 12 seems to get in the title game a lot, and that our AD is putting money into more football stuff, i would say it is a nice job. OUr we a top 10 job, of course not. Our we a good job, I would say yes. Before you write of Harbaugh, and I am not saying he is coming, consider Mangino made more than TRIPLE his salary. I think that he may care about that... Or someone would...

I like Sumlin, if we got him, I would be fine. Not sure how it would turn out, he is a little bit on the riskier side with only 2 years as a head coach, but I like that bet ok...

Yeah I wasn't trying to be mean or rude. You guys have shown a committment to football and that's great. I just hope the expectations are tempered. I mean ND just hired Brian Kelly which is a nice hire I suppose but not a WOW hire. KU may find a WOW hire but there doesn't seem to be many willing ones out there right now.

Yeah I wasn't trying to be mean or rude. You guys have shown a committment to football and that's great. I just hope the expectations are tempered. I mean ND just hired Brian Kelly which is a nice hire I suppose but not a WOW hire. KU may find a WOW hire but there doesn't seem to be many willing ones out there right now.

If I was Notre Dame, I would be very, very happy with the hire. It's not "wow" as in a surprised wow, but Brian Kelly is a very good coach. He has some work to do, but if he can't get the job done at Notre Dame...no one can.