Let me be the first to say Nebraska will beat Texas

Nebraska is going to beat Texas on Saturday.

There are too many fans on this board already counting on Nebraska to lose. Texas has not been impressive all season long. Texas A&M put up 39 points and over 500 yards on them. OU played them close too. Texas is not invincible like many people seem to think. The NU offense will put up a few TD's and a couple TD's will come from special teams/defense. Texas has no running game so they will be forced to throw. Expect Colt McCoy to be heavily pressured by the NU front (SUH, Crick, etc.). Colt McCoy will be sacked 5+ times. The NU defense will hold Texas to less points. Texas is going down.

I will bump this thread to the top in one week when the Nebraska Cornhuskers are the Big 12 North Champions.

There are too many fans on this board already counting on Nebraska to lose. Texas has not been impressive all season long. Texas A&M put up 39 points and over 500 yards on them. OU played them close too. Texas is not invincible like many people seem to think. The NU offense will put up a few TD's and a couple TD's will come from special teams/defense. Texas has no running game so they will be forced to throw. Expect Colt McCoy to be heavily pressured by the NU front (SUH, Crick, etc.). Colt McCoy will be sacked 5+ times. The NU defense will hold Texas to less points. Texas is going down.

I will bump this thread to the top in one week when the Nebraska Cornhuskers are the Big 12 North Champions.

Ahem. The Huskers are already the Big 12 North Champions. No bump needed.

I will go with you on that one.

If they can get to McCoy a few times it is over! He is not big enough to tak a few Suh hits

We could use about 10 more of these this week

http://www.statesman.com/blogs...man_defens.html

Freshman defensive back Marcus Davis was arrested in Pearland Saturday and charged with possession of a controlled substance.

The charge was a Class A misdemeanor, according to the Pearland Police Department web site.

John Bianco, a spokesman for the Texas football team, said late Saturday: “We are aware of the situation and are dealing with it at this time.”

Davis was arrested Saturday. He is from nearby League City. The Longhorns were given the weekend off following their 49-39 win, Thursday, over Texas A&M.

Davis has played in five games as a backup defensive back and on special team. He has has four tackles, including two on special teams, but has not shown up on the stat sheet since late September.

He’s the second player to be arrested this month. Redshirt freshman D.J. Monroe was arrested for driving while intoxicated, Nov. 14. Mack Brown suspended Monroe immediately and Monroe has not been eligible to play since then.

If a team having a top 3 offense and defense in all of college football doesn't constitute as "impressive", I don't know what to tell you. Good luck. I'll be the first to give props if you can pull it off. However, having watched NU play this season, put me in the "arrogant" category I suppose. :)

Thank you for purchasing tickets and choosing TicketFast® as your delivery option.

Your order number for this purchase is xx-xxxxx/xxx.

THIS E-MAIL CANNOT BE USED FOR ENTRY.

You purchased 2 tickets to:

Dr Pepper BIG 12 Football Championship

Cowboys Stadium, Arlington, TX

Sat, Dec 5, 2009 07:00 PM

Order for: spankytoes

Seat location: section 416, row xx, seats xx-xx

Total Charge: US $ 155.50

-----------------------------------------

Your Reservation Confirmation Number: xxxxxxxxx

Your reservation is confirmed. Thank you for your reservation. If you need to change or cancel your reservation, visit our Retrieve Reservation page.

Check-In: 06-Jan-2010 2:00 PM

Check-Out: 08-Jan-2010 12:00 PM

Guests: 2

Rate: Best Available Rate

Raffles L'Ermitage

9291 Burton Way

Beverly Hills, CA 90210, USA

Tel: +1 310 278 3344 Fax: +1 310 278 8247

-----------------------------------

Thank you for choosing American Airlines/American Eagle, a member of the oneworld Alliance. Your itinerary details are as follows:

1/06/10 AMERICAN AIRLINES xxxx Y DFW LAX

1/08/10 AMERICAN AIRLINES xxxx Y LAX DFW

Endorsements/Restrictions -

NONREF/CHGFEEPLUSFAREDIF/CXL BY FLT TIME OR NOVALUE

You may have purchased a "Special Fare" and certain restrictions apply. Some fares are NON-REFUNDABLE. If the fare allows changes, a fee may be assessed for the change.

Please print and retain this document for use throughout your trip. Electronic tickets are NOT TRANSFERABLE. Tickets with non-restrictive fares are valid for one year from original date of issue.

-----------------------------------------

Thank you for your Ticket Teams Reservations purchase.

TEXAS LONGHORNS Team

End Zone Seat Location

1 Reservation Quantity

$196.00.Reservation Price (ea)

$196.00.Subtotal

$34.72.Transaction fee (7%)

Total Price: $230.72

Reminder:

If the Texas Longhorns makes it to the 2010 Citi BCS National Championship Game, you will be charged an additional $275 for the face value of the ticket, plus a $20 shipping fee. Please note the your Ticket Team Reservation is NON-REFUNDABLE.

wish i could be as optimistic...let me see...we have 4-5 plays on offense that we run and we're predictable as hell...no imagination on offense...we don't throw the ball downfield enough to challenge the secondary...everything we do is dink and dunk 3-5 yards....watson will have the offense playing "not to lose" rather than playing to win.. seriously i just don't see us moving the ball on texas unless watson mixes it up a little bit more..i think the defense will play ok but how long can they hold up when the offense don't do anything cause you texas WILL score sooner or later.

What if the Nebraska Offense was "lackluster" enough to get the job done, but not give too much away to Texas? 5 plays shown to bore Texas to death while they watch the game film of Nebraska vs Colorado, and Texas might be overlooking us thinking they just have to show up, and get ready for the National Championship.

I imagine the Cornhuskers are going to have a "balls out" practice week this week, Bo Pelini and Co are going to expect nothing less than perfection. I'm going to be foaming at the mouth all week, then I work 6-2:30 so at least part of my Saturday will be covered, then from 3-7 it's time to pace the floor.

The Nebraska coaches need to get the players hungry for a victory. Let them think about the great taste of 10-3 and a BCS bowl.

Stranger things have happened in the Big 12 CCG. Hell.... stranger things have been happening all year! I'm sure not counting the Huskers out. There won't be much of a margin for error. Momentum and mistakes generally decide all games. Nebraska is the highest rated team other than Texas in the Big 12 at the end of the regular season. They have the best defense and special teams that the Horns have faced. They are good enough to beat the Horns with a few breaks. I look for some new stuff on offense and the defense will definately have some wrinkles containing McCoy. We saw 5 man defensive fronts this weekend against CU!

What if the Nebraska Offense was "lackluster" enough to get the job done, but not give too much away to Texas? 5 plays shown to bore Texas to death while they watch the game film of Nebraska vs Colorado, and Texas might be overlooking us thinking they just have to show up, and get ready for the National Championship.

I imagine the Cornhuskers are going to have a "balls out" practice week this week, Bo Pelini and Co are going to expect nothing less than perfection. I'm going to be foaming at the mouth all week, then I work 6-2:30 so at least part of my Saturday will be covered, then from 3-7 it's time to pace the floor.

The Nebraska coaches need to get the players hungry for a victory. Let them think about the great taste of 10-3 and a BCS bowl.

Every coach in the country expects perfection when they play their games. If you think that Texas will not be ready to play after the defensive and special teams performance they put on last Thursday your Kool Aid has been spiked. Everyone keeps talking about catching them off gaurd. How bout we line up punch them in the mouth and football. Regardless to what people say we do have something to lose. We have the chance to be Big 12 Champions and get into a great bowl game. Do you think UT's offense is not watching film and seeing what our defense has done to every offense we have played? UT will be ready to go I just hope all phases of our team will be ready as well.