Alex Henery, honorable mention as punter?

JTrain

Alex gets overlooked again. Last year he got beat by Jeff Wolfert, just based off of Wolfert's history. This year he gets overlooked as a kicker and punter.

You have to feel for the guy for as much as he does, but the amount of respect he gets by the coaches.

He'll have one thing on his resume that most of these kickers and punters won't have. He'll actually be DRAFTED by an NFL team. Most kickers/punters are picked up in Free Agency, but being a double-duty guy, someone will draft him because it opens up a roster spot.

PUNTS INSIDE THE 20:

1. Henery, 26

2. Harry, 21

2. Brandtner, 21

4. Quinn, 20

5. Erxleben, 17

First team punter Epperson had 13 and second-teamer Way had 15. I couldn't find stats for inside the 10 and inside the 5, but I'm sure Henery rivals anyone in the nation with those stats.

Henery definatley deserved it. Harry wasn't first or second team either. Both of these guys not only had the status, but also the impact on games to warrant a 1st or 2nd team selection.

PUNTS INSIDE THE 20:

1. Henery, 26

2. Harry, 21

2. Brandtner, 21

4. Quinn, 20

5. Erxleben, 17

First team punter Epperson had 13 and second-teamer Way had 15. I couldn't find stats for inside the 10 and inside the 5, but I'm sure Henery rivals anyone in the nation with those stats.

Henery definatley deserved it. Harry wasn't first or second team either. Both of these guys not only had the status, but also the impact on games to warrant a 1st or 2nd team selection.

Also, I would guess that the only reason Ressel beat out Henery for 1st team PK, is because of the game winning kick against KU. That really elevated his status at the end of the season. Both had amazing seasons, but as someone else mentioned, Henery is more likely to make it at the next level because he can do both tasks.

Alex gets overlooked again. Last year he got beat by Jeff Wolfert, just based off of Wolfert's history. This year he gets overlooked as a kicker and punter.

You have to feel for the guy for as much as he does, but the amount of respect he gets by the coaches.

Any by overlooked you mean overshadowed in accuracy? I don't mean to flame or hijack, but accuracy counts just as much as range. Anyone who can kick 20-50 yard FGs at a 96% clip with a lone missed kick coming in a driving rain is probably going to get consideration over someone who kicks 85% even if most of those misses were 45 yards or more.

As far as punting is concerned, I'd say he has a legitimate beef.

Any by overlooked you mean overshadowed in accuracy? I don't mean to flame or hijack, but accuracy counts just as much as range. Anyone who can kick 20-50 yard FGs at a 96% clip with a lone missed kick coming in a driving rain is probably going to get consideration over someone who kicks 85% even if most of those misses were 45 yards or more.

As far as punting is concerned, I'd say he has a legitimate beef.

I have no issue with Ressel being first-team PK. He completely deserved it. Maybe if Henery makes the 43-yarder against OU and the 50-yarder against CU it's a close call. But as is, Ressel earned it. My only issue is at the punter spot.

He'll have one thing on his resume that most of these kickers and punters won't have. He'll actually be DRAFTED by an NFL team. Most kickers/punters are picked up in Free Agency, but being a double-duty guy, someone will draft him because it opens up a roster spot.

I totally agree. He will propably get drafted before most and will forget all about it. It still sucks that he doesn't get the recognition he deserves, or that I atleast think he deserves.

One is specifically about Suh (don't want that one to get cluttered with stuff about other players), one is KC Star. This is straight from the Big 12.

So I should start a new thread when this gets posted in the JournalStar, and another for the World Herald, and another for the Norman Transcript, and another for the Austin Statesman, and another for when CNN/SI picks this up, and the AP, and USAToday, and.... ?

Come now.

Yeah, you should. What kind of "fan" are you? :lol:

One is specifically about Suh (don't want that one to get cluttered with stuff about other players), one is KC Star. This is straight from the Big 12.

So I should start a new thread when this gets posted in the JournalStar, and another for the World Herald, and another for the Norman Transcript, and another for the Austin Statesman, and another for when CNN/SI picks this up, and the AP, and USAToday, and.... ?

Come now.

Yeah, you should. What kind of "fan" are you? :lol:

Apparently a confused fan. I've been set straight, though. Took some doing, too. :)