Mangino out.

You guys should check out the KU board...it's hilarious...they are talking Cowher, Harbaugh, Bobby Bowden :rollin

Might as well throw in Pete Carroll, Chris Peterson, and Urban Meyer......Oh wait a minute, Charlie Weis needs a job. :laughpound

KU knew exactly what they were getting with Mangino, because he has a history of tirades and allegations of player abuse leveled against him all the way from his days coaching high school football.

I am just absolutely baffled by the Mangino firing. Mangino may have not won many hearts over these last few months with is performance on the field and the accusations brought forth, but the simple truth still stands: he took Kansas to it's first BCS bowl game and won, no other coach in Kansas football history was as consistent as he was year in and year out, and if I'm not mistaken he was the second most winningest coach in KU football history.

The Kansas officials are just downright idiotic. This is Kansas we are talking about, not Texas or Florida or Notre Dame. They have no national titles and little to no winning tradition. Not making it to a BCS bowl game every year is not something you should be upset about. You don't have the boosters to satisfy, you don't have a winning tradition to restore, and you certainly don't have the capabilities of attracting world class athletes to your team. They got a little taste of success and when sh*t went South, they all of a sudden got a big head.

Kansas better hope they either get Turner Gill or a diamond in the rough, otherwise they are going to sink directly down the toilet bowl back to the u-bend where they have spent most of their football years, with everybody else clamoring on top of them.

Terrible mistake, Kansas. If you fired him for his behavior, then good for you and he deserved it. However, you have made it pretty clear through your actions that the off-the-field issues became a reason for you to fire a guy who didn't go over .500. It became a scapegoat for you.

Enjoy next season. Even getting to 5-7 will be a struggle for you.

I think Lew was quoted as to saying something like, "I refuse to let the program gravitate into mediocrity. We won't surrender the Big 12 to Oklahoma and Texas. The byproduct of excellence in every area of your program is winning, and I don't apologize for having high expectations."

Yeah...I think Lew's speech went something like that.