Why "I" need the Huskers to win

First off, I know we all want the Huskers to win. But I really NEED them to win. A little background here, I grew up in Nebraska my whole life and joined the Air Force and have been stationed in the Florida panhandle at Hurlburt Field my whole career. Don't get me wrong, I love it down here. I love to fish, great weather, golf all year. But.........It's SEC country!! You guys think ESPN is bad or anyone else hates Nebraska, all I ever hear about is Florida, Alabama, or the SEC as a whole how they are the best thing since sliced bread and the SEC championship should be the National Championship, so on and so forth all day long......I want to puke. Now I have been down here since 1999 and Nebraska has been up and down during that time frame and they really don't comment that much on the radio about them because all they talk about is SEC football. Now that Nebraska is playing Texas for the Big 12 Championship, they have to atleast mention it. So i'm driving to work this morning listening to the radio and they finally mention the UT-Husker game. I thought great, finally a little Husker talk. Then they both go on to say how Texas is tired of hearing how good our defense is and we don't have a chance and that Texas is going to make a statement and hang 50 pts. on us. That's about the time I had to change the station. SO....that being said, I really, really, hope that the Huskers go out and play their best game and beat Texas. Then all the naysayers that said the Big 12 North sux, and Nebraska's D is overrated. They will all shut up and I will sit back and smile as we go to the Fiesta Bowl.

I hear you on that brother. When I was in the Marines I was stationed in Southern California. All I ever heard about were the Trojans. I hated it. TIme came wehn the Huskers went out to LA to play USC and I could finally have some fun out there with the thousands upon thousands of fans that migrated with the team. The next year we played them in Lincoln and lost. That next morning I wake up to find the tires on my cars slashed and window paint all over the car saying the huskers suck (I had NE plates at the time). I still don't understand why that happened. I could see it if we had actually won the game, but we didn't. USC fans aren't exactly the best fans out there. Those of you that have been to the coliseum can attest to the neighborhood surrounding it.

I hear you on that brother. When I was in the Marines I was stationed in Southern California. All I ever heard about were the Trojans. I hated it. TIme came wehn the Huskers went out to LA to play USC and I could finally have some fun out there with the thousands upon thousands of fans that migrated with the team. The next year we played them in Lincoln and lost. That next morning I wake up to find the tires on my cars slashed and window paint all over the car saying the huskers suck (I had NE plates at the time). I still don't understand why that happened. I could see it if we had actually won the game, but we didn't. USC fans aren't exactly the best fans out there. Those of you that have been to the coliseum can attest to the neighborhood surrounding it.

I was stationed at Ft. Bragg and all I ever heard was country. Lucky bastard.

:laughpound:laughpound

I gotta laugh cuz I'm in the AF and was stationed at "No Hope" Pope for 4 years. "Fayettenam...where there's a pawn shop, tatoo parlor and strip club on every corner and one of each in between".

You forgot drycleaning. Fayettenam/Fayruit/Al Fayllujah, home of Kim's #1 through 8 and the Cloud Nine strip club, where all your stretch mark and c-section scar fantasies come to life...

Pretty well describes all Amry towns... Although Fayettenam is King.

I don't know man, Columbus, GA is pretty bad. Can't spell Victory Drive without V.D. At least Fayetteville was close to the beach and Raleigh.

I gotta laugh cuz I'm in the AF and was stationed at "No Hope" Pope for 4 years. "Fayettenam...where there's a pawn shop, tatoo parlor and strip club on every corner and one of each in between".

You forgot drycleaning. Fayettenam/Fayruit/Al Fayllujah, home of Kim's #1 through 8 and the Cloud Nine strip club, where all your stretch mark and c-section scar fantasies come to life...

I don't know man, Columbus, GA is pretty bad. Can't spell Victory Drive without V.D. At least Fayetteville was close to the beach and Raleigh.

Gotta agree about Columbus...spent 3 weeks at Benning and Columbus sucked!

Gotta agree about Columbus...spent 3 weeks at Benning and Columbus sucked!

Other than BCT at Benning, that's about how long I spent there. Between Columbus, the red clay, heat and cold, and the condemned awesomeness of the D 1/507 barracks, I never, ever, wanted to go back there...

I lived on Pope when I was in junior high/high school when my father was in the Air Force. I went to Albritton Middle School and then E.E. Smith High School.

Other than BCT at Benning, that's about how long I spent there. Between Columbus, the red clay, heat and cold, and the condemned awesomeness of the D 1/507 barracks, I never, ever, wanted to go back there...

Jump School?

I lived on Pope when I was in junior high/high school when my father was in the Air Force. I went to Albritton Middle School and then E.E. Smith High School.

I guarantee...there's not much that has changed.