A little off topic

bdubb75

I live in Florida and work around some SEC homers. A few of them are Florida fans and the others are Alabama fans. With that being said, what does everybody think about the undefeated teams like TCU, Boise St and Cincinnati? Do they deserve a shot or because they are not in a 'major' conference do they deserve just a lesser BCS bowl?

I'm all for these smaller schools getting the opportunity even though they don't play in a 'tough' conference. These SEC homers feel their 6-6 and 7-5 teams are better than these undefeated teams. I also want to note that these schools are not flukes as they are year in and year out 10 win ball clubs (at least as of late). I understand the SEC, Big 12, Big 11 and Pac 10 are all bigger conferences but a lot of that is based on location and demographic. A school like TCU has no chance of a 5 star recruit from a Miami high school with schools like Florida, Alabama, FSU, Miami etc recruiting them.

Just curious to get others views on this.

GO BIG RED!

I live in Florida and work around some SEC homers. A few of them are Florida fans and the others are Alabama fans. With that being said, what does everybody think about the undefeated teams like TCU, Boise St and Cincinnati? Do they deserve a shot or because they are not in a 'major' conference do they deserve just a lesser BCS bowl?

I'm all for these smaller schools getting the opportunity even though they don't play in a 'tough' conference. These SEC homers feel their 6-6 and 7-5 teams are better than these undefeated teams. I also want to note that these schools are not flukes as they are year in and year out 10 win ball clubs (at least as of late). I understand the SEC, Big 12, Big 11 and Pac 10 are all bigger conferences but a lot of that is based on location and demographic. A school like TCU has no chance of a 5 star recruit from a Miami high school with schools like Florida, Alabama, FSU, Miami etc recruiting them.

Just curious to get others views on this.

GO BIG RED!

Thing is, how many of those have seen any of them play. From the games I've seen, I'd say TCU is the best looking team in the country. Granted I'm a TCU fan, but you can't deny they have the speed to keep up with any team in the country, not to mention their defense. Boise State has had a few close calls, but their win over Oregon was impressive. Cincy's offense is impressive, but their defense leaves a lot to be desired. Basically, I think they deserve a shot over a 1 loss team from the other conferences, but since there will likely be 4 undefeated teams, obviously 2 of them won't get a shot.

i think that TCU team could roll anyone in the country. you have a team full of great texas athletes, that because of scholly limits, or maybe a couple late bloomers or for whatever other myriad reasons, are pissed off and have something to prove to schools like Texas, TAMU, whoever, that maybe they feel snubbed by. Not a team I'd like to face for sure.

i think that TCU team could roll anyone in the country. you have a team full of great texas athletes, that because of scholly limits, or maybe a couple late bloomers or for whatever other myriad reasons, are pissed off and have something to prove to schools like Texas, TAMU, whoever, that maybe they feel snubbed by. Not a team I'd like to face for sure.

I also think TCU would do great in the NCS. I hope they get there chance.

Who has TCU played, and I mean really played? 90% of there schedule is puff. How beaten up have they gotten in the last three months. How many kids had there season ended in the first game? How many missed games after playing Wyoming, or Texas State? Can TCU win, sure they can, because they have to play ONE game.

When OU lost to Boise State, the south was the strongest most punishing division in D1. Boise played Hawaii. OU went through the meat grinder, and Boise had to play Nevada. TCU is playing good ball, but add a few injuries, and they would get killed by most teams, great teams win either way, I do not thinTCU could do that. If they want respect start putting Florida, OU, Texas, LSU, Bama, Nebraska, heck even USC would put some sores on them, in your pre-conference games, and see how well they hold up, until then stay at the back of the bus and let the big boys play.

Who has TCU played, and I mean really played? 90% of there schedule is puff. How beaten up have they gotten in the last three months. How many kids had there season ended in the first game? How many missed games after playing Wyoming, or Texas State? Can TCU win, sure they can, because they have to play ONE game.

When OU lost to Boise State, the south was the strongest most punishing division in D1. Boise played Hawaii. OU went through the meat grinder, and Boise had to play Nevada. TCU is playing good ball, but add a few injuries, and they would get killed by most teams, great teams win either way, I do not thinTCU could do that. If they want respect start putting Florida, OU, Texas, LSU, Bama, Nebraska, heck even USC would put some sores on them, in your pre-conference games, and see how well they hold up, until then stay at the back of the bus and let the big boys play.

TCU is a respectable program. Gary Patterson is a phenomenal coach. He's also a Defensive guru. Let's not forget back in '01 when NU played TCU in their first game of the season and only beat them 21-7. And that was with Crouch as our QB. He went on the win the Heisman that year and we luckily got a shot in the NC game against Miami thanks to TCU. See this article for more info:

http://espn.go.com/blog/big12/post/_/id/78...-saturday-night

I think TCU can hang with the best of them this year. Let's not forget Utah took Alabama to school last year in the Sugar Bowl. Utah is in the same conference as TCU. Don't let their weak schedule fool you. Not every non-AQ team is a paper tiger.

TCU is a respectable program. Gary Patterson is a phenomenal coach. He's also a Defensive guru. Let's not forget back in '01 when NU played TCU in their first game of the season and only beat them 21-7. And that was with Crouch as our QB. He went on the win the Heisman that year and we luckily got a shot in the NC game against Miami thanks to TCU. See this article for more info:

http://espn.go.com/blog/big12/post/_/id/78...-saturday-night

I think TCU can hang with the best of them this year. Let's not forget Utah took Alabama to school last year in the Sugar Bowl. Utah is in the same conference as TCU. Don't let their weak schedule fool you. Not every non-AQ team is a paper tiger.

I am not saying they are a bad program. If you pulled Texas out of there schedule this year and put in TCU, I dont think they go the distance. Playing top rated teams week after week wears players and teams out, and this is where depth comes into play. I just think while TCU has played a couple of good teams, they haven't played tight hard fought games week after week.

plain and simple, TCU is a different dog than these other teams, like a boise st or whatever, that i would usually agree with you that they "cant go the distance in a real conference." TCU can, and HAS, played defense. ferocious, headsplitting defense. i dont care if you play in lollipop land of FBS, being well within the top 10 of every defensive category is saying a lot. and they have just as good as playmakers, that dont make headlines, as any of these other no AQ schools want to boast, on offense. Humor me for a second, and put it this way. TCU is Nebraska in the Big Twelve north. What happens? They would crush the north, and i think outright win the entire big twelve if in Nebraskas shoes. Then what would you say about them?

I think these teams have a small shot at knocking off a Florida or Alabama in a one game match up. But they wouldnt have the depth to make it through the SEC schedule. You can have an off day or some injury issues in the WAC or Mountain west and you will still win. If you are playing on the road in the SEC against a mid tier team and have an off day you will get beat.

no doubt they are great teams but they dont do it day in and day out like the major conferences.

What needs to happed is Boise State needs to join the Mointain West and that conference would be as good as just about any BCS conference. You would have TCU, Utah, BYU, Utah, and Boise State.

The SEC really needs to look into their mirrors. They have mediocre teams playing each other every week so they all look good. Sorry if nobody else sees this. I would love to see TCU whip ALA or FLA in the NC game w offense. All I see when I watch SEC games is ! big play per game by a 5* receiver & all of the sudden its the best offense ever constructed. Get your mouth off of the ************ SEC & see who the real best teams are. TCU & CINCY