Bad news for Texas

Don't have a link, but he was limping after the A&M game, was seen in a boot earlier this week. And just this morning it started coming out. Chip brown was talking about it on his morning show.

Yeah I remember that after the A&M game. He didn't look 100% after he caught a ball. Somethings tells me though he plays. I don't think a sixth year senior will miss a Chapmionship even if hurt.

I have been in SA since 95'. Been to all the Nebraska games here. Never had a problem like that cause they would get shanked TDC style by ME! But, NO ONE WAS TEXAS FANS UNTIL VINCE YOUNG!! Everyone was Aggies then hopped on the Longhorn bandwagon! 99% of Longhorn fans are illiterate when talking college ball let alone Big 12 FB. When you have 300 plus Husker fans taken over a HUGE sports bar for a PPV game and no TEXAS fans for a TEXAS PPV in their backyard that should tell you about these bandwagon fans. Hell they bashed Colt for years now they want to be on his nutz??? Longhorn Groupies, thats what I call them!!!Minus Vince Young Texas doesn't even have a program!!!After tommorro lets see how many classy fans show up here, and aren't bashing yet to be named players. THE TIDE TURNS BACK TOMMORRO AND IT WILL BE SCARLET!!! :bonez:bonez:bonez:bonez:bonez:bonez:bonez

Longhorns notes

Statesman.com

Saturday, December 05, 2009

Stadium can fit 73,000 for Big 12 title

ARLINGTON — More than 73,000 fans are expected to attend tonight's Big 12 Championship game between Texas and Nebraska.

Cowboys Stadium was reconfigured for 70,000 fans for the title game, but Bob Burda, a Big 12 spokesman, said another 3,000 standing room-only tickets had been sold by mid-afternoon Friday.

It's difficult to figure how many Texas fans, as opposed to those rooting for Nebraska, will be in the stands.

Each school received 12,000 tickets. UT received more ticket requests from members of the Longhorn Foundation than it had available seats, and Nebraska sold out its ticket allotment in about 20 minutes.

A tenth of Heisman votes already in

About 10 percent of all Heisman Trophy voters have already turned in their ballots, meaning close to 100 of the 926 who received ballots had made up their minds before the final regular-season weekend of college football.

Heisman coordinator Tim Henning e-mailed the American-Statesman that the independent accounting firm Deloitte & Touche, which tabulates the votes, said some Heisman voters always vote before the final games.

The vote is being done entirely electronically for the first time this year.

The deadline to cast a vote is 5 p.m. EST on Monday.

Few injuries for Longhorns

The Longhorns will head into today's game against Nebraska relatively healthy, according to their injury report.

Cornerback Deon Beasley, who was hurt against Texas A&M and had to be carted off the field, has been cleared to play tonight. In fact, the only player listed on Texas' injury report is cornerback Clark Ford, who is out with an ankle injury.

Rumors had been circulating about wide receiver Jordan Shipley possibly having a foot injury after he was seen getting treatment during the Longhorns' game against A&M on Thanksgiving night. Monday, Shipley said he was healthy.

Horns won't watch SEC game live

Texas will be on its way to Cowboys Stadium shortly after the Southeastern Conference Championship game kicks off in Atlanta, so the Longhorns won't be checking out their potential competition.

Texas has to beat Nebraska to earn a spot in the Bowl Championship Series title game, which surely will include the SEC champ.

"The result of that (SEC) game has absolutely no importance to us," Texas coach Mack Brown said Friday. "The result of our game is absolutely important."

Center Hall is a Rimington finalist

Longhorn center Chris Hall was selected as a finalist for the Rimington Award, which goes to the nation's top center.

Hall, a fifth-year senior, has started 35 games in his career, but this is the first year he has started every game at center.

A four-time all-Big 12 academic pick, Hall graduated last spring and is now working on a graduate degree.

— Suzanne Halliburton, Kirk Bohls and Alan Trubow

Shipley will be in the lineup.

I can believe that. Perhaps it has gotten better.

:bang

I goofed. I was thinking of the 2001 game against Colorado. Not sure what happened to cause the rancor in '96. That was the Jeckle and Hyde James Brown team. Fans (at least the young ones) weren't used to a culture of winning at that time.

jeanniebw.jpg

Jeannie doesn't think this thread is classy anymore.

You stay Classy, San Diego!!

anchorman.jpg

:laughpound:thumbs Milk was a bad choice

LOL good call street novelist. Me and a chick were just laughing about that line last nite. Gotta be one of the funniest lines in the movie.

On Shipley... come on guys. If he is injured, he's gonna take the Bill Belichick approach. He's gonna be a secretive dick and lie about it. :LOLtartar Either way, we'll find out tonight.