Dear spankytoes . . .

Just got home from the game. Before I say anything else, I want to say that the media is REALLY insulting both of our teams. Mack Brown said it best: If this were an SEC game they would be slobbing over how good a defensive showing we saw. (paraphrased)

Having said that...

Wow. I really underestimated the amount of no-quit attitude that NU showed. Let me be the first (more like 1,000,000th) to say that Suh is a man among boys. I have NEVER seen someone take control of a defense like he did. I am thanking my lucky stars that he is graduating and hope that he goes #1. If he doesn't...the Browns are utter idiots. Even my son started chanting "Suuuuuhhhhhhhhh" until I had to shush him :)

The game itself was awful. So many penalties and missed opportunities on both sides of the ball. There is no way to sugar coat it...your offense was terrible. But, your RBs powered their way on every run to pick up that extra yard on every play. If Lee can learn to throw, y'all will have some weapons next year.

Now, the end...

I was sitting next to 4 NU guys and we had a lot of friendly banter. It was funny. We would compliment each other during the game and in mid-sentence yell "Hell yeah! Knock that sumabitch down!" and then complete the thought. I know that this won't be popular, but there should have been 2 seconds left on the clock. I HATE the fact that the ending was so controversial. Both teams had their hearts broken at one point. I'll say this,everyone got their $ worth. Except for a drunken fool, who ended up falling down the stairs and taken out on a stretcher, your fans were pure class. I still scratch my head on why your kicker kicked the ball out of bounds...

So congrats on an outstanding showing Huskers. I know that losing puts a damper on things, but you have NOTHING to be ashamed about. Like Apollo Creed once said to Rocky "Ain't gonna be no rematch."

Hats off to you and beat the hell out of your next opponent! Much respect.

Just got home from the game. Before I say anything else, I want to say that the media is REALLY insulting both of our teams. Mack Brown said it best: If this were an SEC game they would be slobbing over how good a defensive showing we saw. (paraphrased)

Having said that...

Wow. I really underestimated the amount of no-quit attitude that NU showed. Let me be the first (more like 1,000,000th) to say that Suh is a man among boys. I have NEVER seen someone take control of a defense like he did. I am thanking my lucky stars that he is graduating and hope that he goes #1. If he doesn't...the Browns are utter idiots. Even my son started chanting "Suuuuuhhhhhhhhh" until I had to shush him :)

The game itself was awful. So many penalties and missed opportunities on both sides of the ball. There is no way to sugar coat it...your offense was terrible. But, your RBs powered their way on every run to pick up that extra yard on every play. If Lee can learn to throw, y'all will have some weapons next year.

Now, the end...

I was sitting next to 4 NU guys and we had a lot of friendly banter. It was funny. We would compliment each other during the game and in mid-sentence yell "Hell yeah! Knock that sumabitch down!" and then complete the thought. I know that this won't be popular, but there should have been 2 seconds left on the clock. I HATE the fact that the ending was so controversial. Both teams had their hearts broken at one point. I'll say this,everyone got their $ worth. Except for a drunken fool, who ended up falling down the stairs and taken out on a stretcher, your fans were pure class. I still scratch my head on why your kicker kicked the ball out of bounds...

So congrats on an outstanding showing Huskers. I know that losing puts a damper on things, but you have NOTHING to be ashamed about. Like Apollo Creed once said to Rocky "Ain't gonna be no rematch."

Hats off to you and beat the hell out of your next opponent!

OK, ur a Texas fan. Say what you want about the game. But will you at least admit that that pass interference call (on the out of bounds throw on a 3rd down, when Texas was out of field goal range), which ultimately gave you guys a field goal & a 13-12 win, was complete bulls&it?

Edited by AngryHusker88

Having said that...

Now, the end...

OK, ur a Texas fan. Say what you want about the game. But will you at least admit that that pass interference call (on the out of bounds throw on a 3rd down, when Texas was out of field goal range), which ultimately gave you guys a field goal & a 13-12 win, was complete bulls&it?

spankytoes, you don't have to admit that, bad calls are made it's part of the game. i mean, there was that one kickoff that was downed on the one, looked like the guy might have fumbled the ball on the one, who knows, just the nature of the game. in a one point game, it is anyone's game. i think UT is the better team, but by just one point. we played great, very close to our best, but that is not always enough. both teams should be proud. i appreciate your thoughts.

Having said that...

Now, the end...

spankytoes, you don't have to admit that, bad calls are made it's part of the game. i mean, there was that one kickoff that was downed on the one, looked like the guy might have fumbled the ball on the one, who knows, just the nature of the game. in a one point game, it is anyone's game. i think UT is the better team, but by just one point. we played great, very close to our best, but that is not always enough. both teams should be proud. i appreciate your thoughts.

Yeah ur right sd'sker. That pass interference call was clearly the correct call, & had our guy not interfered that football clearly wouldve been caught by the Texas receiver. Please excuse my ignorance

i can't believe how bitter and immature everyone is. i never said it was a good call, but bad calls are made. i did not want to bash our offense, but UT is the better team because we do not have an offense, it is as simple as that. the game was played and we lost, do not blame the refs, Bo's not, the players aren't, if one bad call cost us the game, we did not deserve it. and if we would have won, UT would of had plenty to complain about. i'll excuse your ignorance, but not your classless posts. you are acting like a petulant child and it is embarrassing.

i am proud of the team, and if i was a player (which i am not and neither are you) i would hang my head high on playing as well as we could.

i can't believe how bitter and immature everyone is. i never said it was a good call, but bad calls are made. i did not want to bash our offense, but UT is the better team because we do not have an offense, it is as simple as that. the game was played and we lost, do not blame the refs, Bo's not, the players aren't, if one bad call cost us the game, we did not deserve it. and if we would have won, UT would of had plenty to complain about. i'll excuse your ignorance, but not your classless posts. you are acting like a petulant child and it is embarrassing.

i am proud of the team, and if i was a player (which i am not and neither are you) i would hang my head high on playing as well as we could.

I'll have you know I am very very proud of the effort our team put forth tonight, but very pissed off about a horrible (not a semi-horrible, a downright horrible, absolutely inexcusable) call costing us this game

Edited by AngryHusker88

I think the call you guys are talking about was a good call.

However, the first P.I. call was an absolutely TERRIBLE call, and it was the only one I had a problem with all night. The ball was uncatchable (unless he could somehow catch it 3 yards out of bounds and keep his feet in play), the receiver slowed down/gave up on the play, and I'm 99% sure he didn't even turn his head to find the ball.

Refs called a good game, but that one was just downright awful.

I think the call you guys are talking about was a good call.

However, the first P.I. call was an absolutely TERRIBLE call, and it was the only one I had a problem with all night. The ball was uncatchable (unless he could somehow catch it 3 yards out of bounds and keep his feet in play), the receiver slowed down/gave up on the play, and I'm 99% sure he didn't even turn his head to find the ball.

Refs called a good game, but that one was just downright awful.

:yeah:yeah:yeah but you couldn't say that cost us the game. it is what it is.

I'll have you know I am very very proud of the effort our team put forth tonight, but very pissed off about a horrible (not a semi-horrible, a downright horrible, absolutely inexcusable) call costing us this game

then stop making excuses and accept that our INCREDIBLE effort just was not good enough. you should read the pregame prayer.

Having said that...

Now, the end...

I think that there were bad calls on BOTH sides of the ball. Unfortunately, the questionable calls in the last minute are what will stick in people's minds the most. As you stated, Marquis did not have full possession of the ball when his knee went down on the 1. There was an uncalled hold on one of the NU receivers on your second FG drive. Take away the latter and NU has a 4th and 7 and are in a punting situation. Then the last FG wouldn't have been necessary. (Albeit, I doubt that they would have kicked their final FG if this was he case)

It's unfortunate as a fan because you don't want to win that way. Up until the end I was prepared to say how both teams beat the hell out of each other for 60 minutes and what a classic defensive game we saw. Don't get me wrong, I'm happy (thankful) for the win. But both teams deserve better than playing the "what if" game.

Now my heartbeat has finally gotten back to normal. All I can do is sweat until they make an official announcement that we will play Bama and hope that the voters won't revolt.