Holiday Bowl Tailgate

skersfan

I have a 42 foot fifth wheel, that is 13 foot high. I have two Nebraska flags, one red and white and one black and red. They will be on top of the fifth wheel 20 foot above. My guess is you will be able to find me. I will provide my cell number to any that pm me requesting it.

I will pm you as time gets closer to find out the info. I will find out the time-frame that you will be tailgating. Just give us an idea of how much you would like us to donate, or if you are allowed to carry alcohol around the parking lot (like most nfl lots)..... We are pumped.

The donations are not required. I do not drink so it is hard for me to buy beer, but I am sure we will have a few cases on site, if some want me to buy it prior and have it there we can work that out to. I used all the money at SC to buy more beer for everyone.

I will check into the parking situation later this week and find out what is allowed and what isn't.

It seemed a few years ago when I went to the Texas Tech/California game, there was no problem, but would rather have the rules in front of me to let you know.

I just spoke with the Holiday Bowl regarding parking. The gates open at 10am the morning of the game. You are assigned a parking area. It sounds like it will be tight quarters, but hey who cares.

I will be there at 9am and will have my cell on for directions.

Sorry you are missing the game.

I had decided this year that we would most likely play in the Holiday Bowl so I did not make a trip back to Nebraska this year. Glad it turned out like this, but would have rather went to the fiesta, but hey this is a major step as far as I am concerned.

I spoke with the Holiday Bowl about parking. Supposedly you only get where your vehicle is parked. I am thinking I will take my FJ and its little trailer to park beside, that will give us a lot more room.

May not be necessary, but We did not have much room at the SC game, with all the people that showed up. Hopefully it will be the same at the Holiday Bowl.

skersfan,

I am new to the site but grew up in Kearney, NE and I am stoked to have the Huskers playing in my backyard. I made the trek to the OU-NE game in November and am hoping we can replicate the sound in Qualcomm. Where will your tailgate be located and at what time? It would just be my wife & I, my sister couldn't get an affordable flight out of Omaha.

Husker Hanson

Okay, it is in stone, the tickets are bought and I am headed to the Holiday Bowl.

I will have another tailgate for you guys.

I will provide food (hamburgers, hot dogs, chicken, chips/salsa) and soft drinks for 200 first come first serve. I will provide coolers and a barbeque at the site. You can bring your own food and drinks to. A couple of TV's for other games going on.

I have a 42 foot fifth wheel toy hauler, so there is plenty of room.

I will provide a cooler system for beer. We will do it like at SC.

Any donations to the cause will go into beer for any that want it.

This is on me, so if you can make it let me know.

Parking opens at 10am. I will be there early.

I will be there before 10am when the gates open. Will get parked and give every one the location on the cell phone, I will provide the number to any that PM me for it.

I have no idea where the parking will be, but think it might be in the Northeast area of the parking lot.

Not a problem though.

Looking forward to meeting you.

thanks, I have to post 5 times before I can PM you, so I will do some posting!! See you in San Diego.

I will be there before 10am when the gates open. Will get parked and give every one the location on the cell phone, I will provide the number to any that PM me for it.

I have no idea where the parking will be, but think it might be in the Northeast area of the parking lot.

Not a problem though.

Looking forward to meeting you.