CCG officials

There were some blown calls that went our way, too, notably the "down at the one yard line" fiasco of a call.

The refs didn't lose this game for us. Our inability to move or score lost this game. We gotta get off this "blame someone else" mentality.

WE lost this game. It's very simple.

I've never posted on this board, but after this game, I had to vent a few frustrations. I've talked with a lot of guys about this so-called "down at the one yard line" fiasco and here is how I see it. I DVR'd the game and watched this play numberous times in slow mo and I believe that this was actually the correct call. To me, it looks as if the returner caught the ball and had possession of it. He then realized that he was going down so he essentially fumbled it on purpose. Headsy play, don't get me wrong. However, he fumbled it forward, which results in a dead ball and can not be advanced. Many on here I'm sure will disagree with me, but this is the reason I think that call was made, and I think it was the correct call. The only calls I had real issues with was the PI on a ball that was clearly thrown away, and the lack of holding calls. The holding goes both ways, so at least they were consistent. But, you can't tell me with the amount of pressure we put on McCoy that there wasn't some holding on some of the plays that didn't result in sacks.

I've never posted on this board, but after this game, I had to vent a few frustrations. I've talked with a lot of guys about this so-called "down at the one yard line" fiasco and here is how I see it. I DVR'd the game and watched this play numberous times in slow mo and I believe that this was actually the correct call. To me, it looks as if the returner caught the ball and had possession of it. He then realized that he was going down so he essentially fumbled it on purpose. Headsy play, don't get me wrong. However, he fumbled it forward, which results in a dead ball and can not be advanced. Many on here I'm sure will disagree with me, but this is the reason I think that call was made, and I think it was the correct call.

Please cite the rule that you can't advance a ball fumbled forward. I think you are confusing this with the rule that a teammate can't advance a ball fumbled on 4th down. I've never heard that you can't advance a ball fumbled forward.

I did some more searching on intentional fumbling. In the NFL there is specifically a ruling that an intentional fumble is a forward pass. I didn't see anything that cut and dried in the NCAA rules but saw a couple things that may apply. If it was a forward pass, a penalty would've been called. So the net result was going to be about the same, except the ball should've been moved back a half yard after the penalty. If he thought it was a legit fumble, the ref missed the call because his knee wasn't on the ground, and he can advance the ball.

How's this for some homecookin'?

Gene Semko , Side Judge, El Paso, Tx

Mike Defee, Back Judge, Beaumont, Tx

Bobby Ables , Field Judge Texarkana, Tx

Walt Anderson who is head of Big 12 Officiating is from Sugarland, Texas who is an alum of UT Dental School.

What a shock.............................................................

Man are we bitter or what. We lost the game because we kicked the ball out of bounds and then got a dumb horse caller penalty. We kicked the ball off with the lead and there wasn't anything the refs did on that last possession to prevent us from winning that game. The ball hit out of bounds with 1 second left as the replay clearly showed. Unless this is not a reviewable play or some other rule I'm not aware of, how did the refs cost us the game?

post-7093-1260203367.jpg

OR...

Maybe the refs were from Texas because it has a huge population, a strong football tradition, and the game was in Texas?

Maybe the Huskers played like crap and made stupid mistakes and that's why they lost?

I dunno just throwing out some Occam's Razor-inspired ideas to play the devil's advocate, I guess.

You got me. I can't find a rule that clearly states that you can't advance a forward fumble. I guess I was always under the impression that you couldn't intentionally fumble a ball forward, but I can't find anything stating otherwise. Nice catch. We may have caught a break on that one.

I'm curious. Is a muffed kickoff (no initial possession) different from fumbling a ball when possession was clearly established?

You got me. I can't find a rule that clearly states that you can't advance a forward fumble. I guess I was always under the impression that you couldn't intentionally fumble a ball forward, but I can't find anything stating otherwise. Nice catch. We may have caught a break on that one.

I'm curious. Is a muffed kickoff (no initial possession) different from fumbling a ball when possession was clearly established?

I don't think so. I think the refs simply blew that call. Just another in an avalanche of missed calls all season long throughout the Big 12.

How's this for some homecookin'?

Gene Semko , Side Judge, El Paso, Tx

Mike Defee, Back Judge, Beaumont, Tx

Bobby Ables , Field Judge Texarkana, Tx

Walt Anderson who is head of Big 12 Officiating is from Sugarland, Texas who is an alum of UT Dental School.

I noticed that you left off Tom Walker, umpire, OMAHA, NE

ONE out of FIVE a CHEATER DOES NOT MAKE!! 4 out of 5 makes a CHEATER!! PHUCKING CHEATING PHAGGOTS!!

Man are we bitter or what. We lost the game because we kicked the ball out of bounds and then got a dumb horse caller penalty. We kicked the ball off with the lead and there wasn't anything the refs did on that last possession to prevent us from winning that game. The ball hit out of bounds with 1 second left as the replay clearly showed. Unless this is not a reviewable play or some other rule I'm not aware of, how did the refs cost us the game?

they cost us the game by NEVER CALLING TX FOR HOLDING & IT WAS EVERYWHERE!!!!!!!!!

I don't think so. I think the refs simply blew that call. Just another in an avalanche of missed calls all season long throughout the Big 12.

Those refs need to lose their jobs or get busted down to highschool games... and I think we should go back to the BIG 8 and let the TX teams join the Mountain West or some other league where CHEATING is part of the game!