Texas Message Boards

Keep patting yourselves on the back but it's obvious your offense is soft and not used to a physical attack and bama has that on BOTH sides of the ball.

That's my take on the situation too. I said it before the game, and I'm even more convinced now: Texas is a rather soft team. They have all the athletic ability in the world . . . but they are not football tough . . . if that makes any sense. Their defense doesn't hit/tackle all that well, and their offense is more finesse than anything. I think that Alabama's extremely hard hitting defense AND offense will be entirely too much for Texas to handle. I guess we'll see.

Who do you propose they should use? We are using their offense as our world beater. We did not oblige them the opportunity to use ours.

You really don't see the difference between holding their offense in check and holding our offense in check?

Of course I do. What does our defense have to do with an argument that centers on Texas fans taking pride in holding Nebraska to 106 yards of offense?

This is an aside, but the strength of this Texas team all year has been their defense, not their offense. Texas only ranks 20th in yards per game. Texas ranks 51st in yards per play. Their offense has been good this year, certainly not great.

Who do you propose they should use? We are using their offense as our world beater. We did not oblige them the opportunity to use ours.

You really don't see the difference between holding their offense in check and holding our offense in check?

Of course I do. What does our defense have to do with an argument that centers on Texas fans taking pride in holding Nebraska to 106 yards of offense?

This is an aside, but the strength of this Texas team all year has been their defense, not their offense. Texas only ranks 20th in yards per game. Texas ranks 51st in yards per play. Their offense has been good this year, certainly not great.

If Nebraska held Western Kentucky to 106 yards in Total offense. I would be pleased, but I would also realize that it wasn't a big accomplishment and it certainly wasn't any kind of milestone for my defense.

It's the same way Texas should look at holding Nebraska's offense to 106 yards. In an offensive shootout I don't know if they could beat Western Kentucky right now.

They are 3rd in the category that actually matters: scoring offense. They are head and shoulders the best offensive team that Nebraska has played this year and we stoned them.

They are 3rd in the category that actually matters: scoring offense. They are head and shoulders the best offensive team that Nebraska has played this year and we stoned them.

This is the problem with statistics. The abuse and manipulation of them. Texas scored 13 non-offensive touchdowns this year. They finished 2nd in the NCAA in turnovers forced and ran the second most plays from scrimmage on offense this year. Points are scored in a variety of ways and drives are not created equal. As a Nebraska fan, we should all be well aware of how many points our defense set up for our offense.

The best offense Nebraska faced this year was easily Texas Tech. Texas falls into the next group with Kansas, Missouri, Virginia Tech, and possibly Oklahoma.

This is the problem with statistics. The abuse and manipulation of them. Texas scored 13 non-offensive touchdowns this year. They finished 2nd in the NCAA in turnovers forced and ran the second most plays from scrimmage on offense this year. Points are scored in a variety of ways and drives are not created equal. As a Nebraska fan, we should all be well aware of how many points our defense set up for our offense.

The best offense Nebraska faced this year was easily Texas Tech. Texas falls into the next group with Kansas, Missouri, Virginia Tech, and possibly Oklahoma.

Ok then base your defense and how good they are on that game...414 yards given up. Not terrific. We held em to 259 if that gives you some perspective about how overhyped your defensive performance against us is.

Ok then base your defense and how good they are on that game...414 yards given up. Not terrific. We held em to 259 if that gives you some perspective about how overhyped your defensive performance against us is.

I am not a Texas fan. I am a Cornhusker fan.

Comparing the performances against Texas Tech.

Texas gave up 5.25 yards per play.

Nebraska gave up 4.54 yards per play.

Texas Tech's season average was 6.14 yards per play.

The large disparity in total yards is due largely to the disparity in plays from scrimmage between the two games.

At any rate, this is way off topic. Our defense has nothing to do with Texas' defensive performance against us. We were held to 1.93 yards per scrimmage on offense for the game. That is microscopic. Even for our offense. If we don't like the fact that their defense shut our offense down, or more specifically, that their fans are proud of their defense's performance, the obvious solution is that our offense needs to get better.

I am not a Texas fan. I am a Cornhusker fan.

Comparing the performances against Texas Tech.

Texas gave up 5.25 yards per play.

Nebraska gave up 4.54 yards per play.

Texas Tech's season average was 6.14 yards per play.

The large disparity in total yards is due largely to the disparity in plays from scrimmage between the two games.

At any rate, this is way off topic. Our defense has nothing to do with Texas' defensive performance against us. We were held to 1.93 yards per scrimmage on offense for the game. That is microscopic. Even for our offense. If we don't like the fact that their defense shut our offense down, or more specifically, that their fans are proud of their defense's performance, the obvious solution is that our offense needs to get better.

I'm not sure who you're arguing with. Texass' defense did what it was expected to do to our offense.

Oh, and apparently their defense looked darn good against us because they held us to 106 yards....someone should tell them that's not an accomplishment :bang

"The Cornhuskers (9-4) had only 106 total yards, their lowest total in 25 years."

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recap?gid=200912050023

I undertsand that your O had its issues this year, but I don't think you are giving the Texas D much credit for stonewalling you in the CCG. No one else this year managed to do what Texas did - even when Helu & Burkhead were dinged up.

It's all about the points. You gave up 12 points to us, more than Oklahoma or Iowa State gave up, and we played both at home. In your home turf, with home-field advantage, you should have been able to hold an offense this inept to three or six points. We scored only five points less against you than we scored against K-State and only three points less than we scored against VT.

absurd. we killed ISU... we just couldnt keep our hands on the ball. they defense deserves tons of credit. yes we are bad, but not that bad. that was the best D our offense has seen outside of practice

It's all about the points. You gave up 12 points to us, more than Oklahoma or Iowa State gave up, and we played both at home. In your home turf, with home-field advantage, you should have been able to hold an offense this inept to three or six points. We scored only five points less against you than we scored against K-State and only three points less than we scored against VT.

Well, to be fair, the Texas O spotted you 6 points. Your first two field goals had nothing to do with your O.

Well Oklahoma spotted Nebraska 7 points by having an int taken to the one yard line and with that being said they held NU to 3 point the rest of the game.

This is almost the opposite of where Nebraska was with Cosgrove was the D-cordinator and every QB seemed to have a career game and then be named the big 12 player of the week. After the third week they stopped giving it to the person playing NU since they figured out that it was that tough.

Well Nebraska offense has been like this all year and if the Nebraska defense hadnt been this great they probably wouldn't have made it to a bowl game or had a winning season.