Top 10 things I would like to see next year

cb1954

DITCH THE OC

RUN THE BALL 75-80%

MOVE THE CHAINS 1ST DOWNS

SCORE A TOUCH DOWN ATLEAST 3 TIMES

REASON I SAY RUN THE BALL THAT MUCH IS BECAUSE LEE IS A BETTER RUNNER THAN A PASSER ANYONE WHOS WATCHED THE GAMES THIS YEAR SHOULD BACK ME UP. WE DONT NEED TO PUT UP 500 YARDS RUNNING THE BALL IT WOULD BE NICE THOE LOL BUT CONTROLL THE GAME AND KEEP THE OTHER SIDE OFF THE FEILD

In no particular order (except for #1) Besides the obvious like go undefeated.

1. Beat Texas. Do it so bad they can't take it away from us

2. See as much improvement from Lee as there was from Scott Frosts junior year and his senior

3. Also see improvement from Cody Green. I really wish he could have redshirted

4. A 100% Cody Spano. He might have been what this team really needed

5. A defense playing like this years.

6. No one going pro early

7. White Shoes - it would make the team faster (tongue in cheek)

8. A new field. I don't like the 2 tone green.

9. Recruit dual threat QBs. Probably spoiled after watching Gill, Frazier, Frost, Crouch, but its painful to watch our QBs try and run, and a QB that could run would help a lot.

10. An offensive identity that has a solid foundation in the power running game and play action passing. Won't get there over night but I can't stand this sideline to sideline finesse thing. If that takes a change in off. coor. and oline coach, so be it.

Don't know whether it was by design but your "10 things" --had about 5 concerning the QB and one that is impossible--this year's defense.

WE DON'T HAVE A GOOD QB. Might we have one next year -yeah but your "hopes" for Lee, Span and Green tells us that we don't have a clue at that position. Then you say what we need to recruit--dual threat qbs--but you don't tell us what offense we are going to be running. ISN'T THAT THE PROBLEM BO HAS??? There is no identity for this offense. Oh we want to run the ball... but we want great throwing QBs and great recievers....but we don't want to take a chance on an int. The problem is at the top.

You don't need 5 on your want list if you know what you want to do as an offense. Decide and recruit. We got 106 yards in a football game. Ironically that is the game many Husker fans are going ape**** over claiming we are some sort of national championship material, though the guy most responsible for that close LOSS is going to be the number one pick in NFL.

Until Bo quits yelling, chewing his cud, blaming others and clearly defines what his offense should be, the OC to run it we will likely suck. Should he come up with the answers and act like an adult then we need to recruit the personnel necessary to run the offense he has selected and let the offensive coaches coach the game and stfu while the cameras are on. If you have to throw a fit on TV to your players or your subordinates, you are not ready for prime time and nobody is going to want their kid playing here.

It's that simple. Get a plan. Execute it. Do so with Class. That is what made the Huskers great in the past and will if we are ever to become great again.l

If Cody Green is not the starter next year, then that will have me more worried than anything.

The kid is obviously more physically talented than Lee. But the way he was hyped, the way coaches have talked about him, and the way former coaches/players have talked about him, not having him start really makes me question both a) his abilities and B) the coaches decisions in recruiting him.

I understand you can't do a whole lot behind an incoherent o-line and WR's that drop the ball, but regardless, CG left high school a year early to compete and be the starter, not sit behind Lee for two years. I just don't see how he can't start.

1. An O line that can create holes to run thru and occasionally dominate.

2. A new O line coach (probably needed to do #1)

3. A healthy Helu and Rex B all season.

4. A QB who doesn't get rattled when trying to pass.

5. IF WE RUN THE OPTION, a QB who can run and make a pitch.

6. WR who get space between themselves and the opposition.

7. WR who don't drop the ball so often.

8. A scheme to throw more often to our TE's (the best bunch of receivers we have).

9. No stupid penalties when we get in the Red Zone.

10. A able DT to replace Suh (no one will match him, just want to D line to play well).

Gee, it looks like our problem is on Offense. :angry:

Do we need a new OC? :dunno Tom and Bo will have to make that decision.

10. Offense

9. Offense

8. Offense

7. Offense

6. Offense

5. Offense

4. Offense

3. Offense

2. Offense

1. Suh to come back and play for Nebraska for eternity

HAHAAH right when I read the OP's post I was going to make this exact post minus the Suh and insert yet another "offense." It is really all the Huskers could want next season. With an average offense this is a BCS team... it is like Bama a year ago.