Colt McCoy Live on Sportscenter

epocSoN

Yes, Poor Colt. He only owns Nebraska, engineering TWO drives to beat you guys on the final second. He's only the winningest QB of all time. And he's only going to his second MNC game. Whatever will he do?

Suh deserves the Heisman.....but Colt will survive.

I really don't get the hate for he and Tebow. I get hating hte media coverage tht Tebow receives....but Tebow, Colt, and Bradford are three of the classiest players- real role models- to ever play the game, and you act like a bunch of mouth breathing knuckle draggers when their names come up.

Yes, Poor Colt. He only owns Nebraska, engineering TWO drives to beat you guys on the final second. He's only the winningest QB of all time. And he's only going to his second MNC game. Whatever will he do?

I really don't get the hate for he and Tebow. I get hating hte media coverage tht Tebow receives....but Tebow, Colt, and Bradford are three of the classiest players- real role models- to ever play the game, and you act like a bunch of mouth breathing knuckle draggers when their names come up.

I happen to feel that way about both Tebow and Bradford, but Colt comes across as very arrogant. His response to the last play questions are BS, and flat out wrong in terms of knowing the basic rules of football. Did he really think the play is dead when the ball crosses the out of bounds line?? He's a QB...shouldn't he know that basic rule?

Hey, he comes from a 2A crap town...maybe they didnt teach that rule?

IDK....I know Suh was a beast, and I'm glad we survived. The dude can flat out play..

I really don't get the hate for he and Tebow. I get hating the media coverage that Tebow receives....but Tebow, Colt, and Bradford are three of the classiest players- real role models- to ever play the game, and you act like a bunch of mouth breathing knuckle draggers when their names come up.

I happen to feel that way about both Tebow and Bradford, but Colt comes across as very arrogant. His response to the last play questions are BS, and flat out wrong in terms of knowing the basic rules of football. Did he really think the play is dead when the ball crosses the out of bounds line?? He's a QB...shouldn't he know that basic rule?

Bit of a stretch on that one, isn't it?

After the Big XII title game I'm pretty sure before McCoy goes to bed at night he checks his his closet for Suh.

I don't have a problem with McCoy- I think he's a good guy- but man Mack Brown comes off more douchey every time I hear him talk. McCoy is a winner because he made one completion and got two penalties to BARELY put them in field goal range and DID let them lose the game by waiting too long to throw the ball? (was overturned by ref who graduated from UT... <_< , but I suppose that whole rant is for another thread)

By Mack Brown's standards, Harrison Beck in the K-State game was a true hero QB! He tried to give the game away several times, was intercepted several times, but man when it came to making a single mediocre pass and drawing a penalty through no skill of his own and precariously putting us into field goal range he was tops! Beck 4 Heisman!

I must have missed McCoy's horrible anti-Nebraska comments after the game. I've always had a lot of respect for McCoy and for Mack Brown. And for Tebow, since you brought him up.

However, I think you need to take a step back from your reactionary All-Things-Texas defense mechanism. I've read your posts in several threads here on HuskerBoard, and while I understand why you're defending your team, you have to understand why Husker fans are upset, and let them have their time to vent.

Funny thing is, we lost a game because the officials didn't follow the rules of the game. That's a pretty hard pill to swallow. However, Texas lost their shot at a conference championship and a MNC last year because they simply didn't get it done on the field. Kindly remember back to this time last year, and all the shenanigans going on in Longhorn Nation over Oklahoma's trip to the CCG. Remember the asterisk? Remember the meltdowns on the message boards? Remember Mack's constant griping on every TV & radio station that would give him air time, weeks after the fact?

If you do, and you have any integrity, you have to ask yourself - Am I really in a position to point fingers?

I must have missed McCoy's horrible anti-Nebraska comments after the game. I've always had a lot of respect for McCoy and for Mack Brown. And for Tebow, since you brought him up.

However, I think you need to take a step back from your reactionary All-Things-Texas defense mechanism. I've read your posts in several threads here on HuskerBoard, and while I understand why you're defending your team, you have to understand why Husker fans are upset, and let them have their time to vent.

Funny thing is, we lost a game because the officials didn't follow the rules of the game. That's a pretty hard pill to swallow. However, Texas lost their shot at a conference championship and a MNC last year because they simply didn't get it done on the field. Kindly remember back to this time last year, and all the shenanigans going on in Longhorn Nation over Oklahoma's trip to the CCG. Remember the asterisk? Remember the meltdowns on the message boards? Remember Mack's constant griping on every TV & radio station that would give him air time, weeks after the fact?

If you do, and you have any integrity, you have to ask yourself - Am I really in a position to point fingers?

Yeah, that. For the most part, Nebraska fans gave themselves 48 hours to lament, complain, and argue about our loss to Texas. Now we're in the acceptance stage of grief and we're more than willing to give you props on your way to the NC game.

Why do you feel like you need to come on this board and defend your team anyway? You've got classy Colt McCoy, the winningest player in college football. Don't you think that speaks for itself? While I enjoy hearing the Texas fans' opinions and analysis on this board, those that jump on here just to defend a team that really needs no defending greatly amuses me.

Now go root for your team in the NC, root for McCoy to win the Heisman, and think before you post. ;)

I don't dislike McCoy as a person or a player. This politician type answers are what anybody in his position would give so I can't fault him for that. I just brought it up because it was funny to see espn throw him under the bus on his own interview and talk about Suh the whole time.

I don't dislike McCoy as a person or a player. This politician type answers are what anybody in his position would give so I can't fault him for that. I just brought it up because it was funny to see espn throw him under the bus on his own interview and talk about Suh the whole time.

I think McCoy is "Coached" off the field as well as he is on it. College Football is big money and I am sure that any big program is going to have their media people working with their athletes. I think he is humble, IMO I think a team will draft him. UT is going to squeeze all they can out of him for marketing and generating revenue.