Sports Radio 810 in KC

He is a KSU homer that does nothing all day but bash the huskers everyday.

Here is his blog today. he started his show railing on Husker fans. I will never listen to 810 again unless it is a husker game.

Some things never change.

It's a cold, grey December Tuesday morning and there is no snow on the ground despite some outrageous forecasts to the contrary and my mailbox is piled high with complaints about the show from angry Nebraska fans. Both these events happen routinely.

I get the weather forecasting thing. You have the groundhogs on tv living in a totally different world than the rest of us calling for snow because THEY ACTUALLY WANT IT TO SNOW. I've never understood this, but it's a lot like being a Nebraska football fan. You're just different than everyone else.

There was a time when being a Husker fan meant you were something special, something different. Dr. Tom Osborne was the coach and the place oozed class, dignity and championship level football. Now even Dr. Tom himself is the bandwagon supporting a pair of sore loser, hot headed brothers stomping around in their sweatshirts like a couple of 4th graders that were just told recess is over and it's time to come back inside the school.

Saturday night was embarrassing for Bo and Carl Pelini. Maybe not as embarrassing a predicting a foot of snow with a smile on your face that you can't control. But embarrassing.

After the refs put a second back on the clock and allowed Texas to kick a game winning field goal in the Big 12 Championship game, the Pelini's showed who they really are. We are all only as good as our worst moments. I've melted down on the radio a couple of times when some people have gotten to me and it's not pretty. So I write from experience. It's hard. People are always watching and listening and ready to pounce. The second I mentioned the Flying Pelini Brothers actions, the Husker fans pounced hard. Now I'm embarrassed for them.

If we all agree the Big 12 did nothing wrong and they actually go this one right, how can you defend the poor sportsmanship of Bo and Carl? You can't. Bo screamed outside the locker room that he wanted Dr. Osborne down there immediately. And he wanted the supervisor of officials. And the commissioner. Now!

Come on, nobody has ever had the fix on "against" Nebraska. This is a stupid, childish card to play and it doesn't fly. If Paul Rhodes ever finds Iowa State in the same spot, he might have a point. But not Nebraska. Bo should apologize.

The Big 12, on the other hand, should publicly reprimand Carl Pelini. This sad sack Un-Sportsman of the year actually screamed and pointed at the Texas players that, "they should be ashamed to accept" the trophy as Big 12 champs. They probably didn't see him or hear him, but plenty of other people did. When you act this foolish after a loss and taunt college age kids on the other team after you've lost to them, you might want to consider another profession. I haven't seen anything this ridiculous with our area Big 12 teams since KU assistant basketball coach Joe Dooley f-bombed Nick Fezekas after losing a home game to Nevada a few years back.

Emotion is part of sport. It's a big part of why we all love sport. I get pouty when I lose to my buddies on the golf course because it hurts and because I really try to win. But I don't scream at them or accuse them of cheating or say the game is unfair. My friend Cato is the smartest competitor I know. He has a very simple philosophy whenever he loses a golf match or anything he tries to do and he says it out loud to himself. I'll say to the the Pelini's.

Get better.

That's pretty dang funny. Articles like this from the KC just make me laugh. Yes, the Pelini's probably went a little far but this was a conference championship game to go to a BCS game.....not KU vs. KSU. Emotions are high you idiot.

The blog just screams jealousy. My team can't be there so I am going to cut down the team that is there. Have fun rooting for Snyder for 2 more years.....he's a hell of a coach but to expect to save KSU in 2 years and leave...ha!

Is this guy really comparing his golf game to the Big 12 Title Game?

I live in Manhattan and have ran into a few "football Genius'" here since Saturday, They all have ripped on the Pelini's as well and had some pretty bad words about our fan base for "bitching and whinning" about the call. I responded with one statement....

You(Wildcat Fan) don't know how your coach or fan base would react in that situation unless you are put into that situation....and I guarentee that you(wildcat fan) wont be put into that situation ever as long as Nebraska has someting to say about it...

They shut up after that....

Keitzman is a tool. He talks like he was in the tunnel at Jerryworld and witnessed first-hand the actions of the Pellinis when what he is really doing is paraphrasing and editorializing something he read on the intertoobz. He is also pandering to his audience. Being a Husker in KC means your everyones enemy. But you kind of expect that when you decide to go into sports commentary graduating from KSU. Guy was also quick to say that the fat man was terrible for KU football. An idiot and an a-hole.

At the same time, NU fans need to stop acting like everyone is out to get them. It really is quite embarrassing.

You(Wildcat Fan) don't know how your coach or fan base would react in that situation unless you are put into that situation....and I guarentee that you(wildcat fan) wont be put into that situation ever as long as Nebraska has someting to say about it...

QTF!!!!

Nice to see another Husker fan out in the NE!! I'm up in CT and the people up here just don't get how excited(or depressed in some cases) I get about how the Huskers play!!

QTF!!!!

Nice to see another Husker fan out in the NE!! I'm up in CT and the people up here just don't get how excited(or depressed in some cases) I get about how the Huskers play!!

Hey, I am new here....um someone explain...

QTF???

And where is the CT???? :dunno

QTF!!!!

QTF???

He thinks you are in the BIG apple, next door to Connecticut (CT)

QTF!!!!

QTF???

By CT he means Connecticut, because I believe he thinks your in Manhatten NY. As for QTF, you got me.

Edit: Yeah, what huKSer said.

QTF!!!!

QTF???

By CT he means Connecticut, because I believe he thinks your in Manhatten NY. As for QTF, you got me.

Edit: Yeah, what huKSer said.

See thats what I thought...No I am down in this Hell hole of Manhattan kansas...

Anyone know what QTF is????

Keitzman's hatred of all things red is well documented and out there in the open. He (as well as a great deal of other KSU fans) have a huge inferiority complex. He keeps Husker subjects in the rotation just to appease the local Nebraska base but I'm sure it pains him to do so. I can't listen to his drivel....it's painful. He's successful because he let's any old rube call into his show and go on and on with meaningless garbage. Most other hosts will cuts clowns like that off in short order or screen them. And yeah, I get that your sponsors pay the bills and such but he's over the top in his stupid segments with the local BBQ Grill shop or wherever else he's running a remote.

I was flipping around back before the KU game and he stated "Nebraska will absolutely get rolled by KU in Lawrence, you just watch".