Curtis Carter decommits

could this be due to our crummy offense?

Louisiana wideout decommits from NU

By the Lincoln Journal Star

Rivals.com reports that Curtis Carter, the speedy receiver from Stonewall, La., has decommitted from the Huskers.

Carter apparently delivered the news to Husker wide receivers coach Ted Gilmore during a visit from the coach Monday night.

“I told Coach Gilmore that I was having doubts about where I fit into their offense. It was just not clicking with me because I’m a slot receiver and they’re really not using a slot receiver anymore,” Carter told Rivals.

Carter told the recruiting Web site that he watched the Big 12 championship game, “and all they do now is run, run, run.”

The 5-foot-10, 160-pound Carter is rated by Rivals as a four-star player. He said he plans to visit Missouri and TCU.

:lol: do you blame him

i will trade his 4 star talent and 50 cent head for a couple one star big, possesion type receivers like todd peterson and nate swift. any freakin' day. we got 13 receivers already on the roster next year, plus one other committed. there is your reason. line line line line line

How'd that work out for us this year in the reciever department. If we don't need a 4.37 reciever with good hands, we don't need to throw the dam ball. We are the greatest fan base for dissing those that choose not to be a part of the program. If Gabbert were our QB we'd be miles ahead. Yet the same people who claim that we "don't need" Carter said that Gabbert was not good enough for us ....after he decommitted. The fact is that any 4* or 5* athlete that spurns us for whatever reason is a bummer. This one it seems Bo decided to put the screws on not to visit other schools. We are not near a program that can do that. Carter told us where to stick it. Now we can say "we don't need you...we need some 3 star that nobody has heard of that is 4 inches taller and a half second slower" ; but the truth is we are spinning.

We need to WIN THE RECRUITING BATTLES with Misery or this year will be a fluke. We came back and beat them in a rainstorm in the best or luckiest quarter Lee has played with Gabbert injured. They flat out whipped our butt the previous two years. If they get the players they have on their list and we get ours, I don't like our chances the next 2-3 years. Bleeding red and white doesn't mean you have to be stupid. We are going to lose more 4 star recruits in this class than we sign. That is not something to dismiss.

You mean like Notre Lame and USC? 4 and 5 star players top to bottom and getting slapped around by the service acadamies and the putrid pac10? BTW - in the worst modern decade ever of Big Red football, (and the best decade ever for Mizery) we are still 6-4 against them, and they have had more and higher rated recruits. It's not WHO you sign, but how they play when they suit up. Let's take a look at some blue-chip recruits who've been around here and see how they did:

Harrison Beck

Patrick Witt

Josh Freeman :laughpound

Quentin Castille

Beau Davis

Richie Incognito

Curt Dukes

DeAngelo Evans

Just top of my head, anybody got more?

Harrison Beck

Patrick Witt

Josh Freeman :laughpound

Quentin Castille

Beau Davis

Richie Incognito

Curt Dukes

DeAngelo Evans

Just top of my head, anybody got more?

How about some 3 star players?

Ndamukong Suh

Eric Crouch

Todd Petersen

and how about some walk-ons?

Nate Swift

Matt Herian

Ehhh...you're a little off there. Suh was a 4 star scholarship player, Swift was a 3 star scholarship player, Petersen was a walk on that eventually became scholarship.

Beau Davis was a two star QB no one wanted.....Richie Incognito actually accomplished a lot here as a lineman for us....

...are you just saying names to say them??

whatever... i guess if transferring to Oregon is accomplishing something, then yeah.

He was All - Big 12 while he was with Nebraska.

And even if you take away Incognito, you were still just making up crap about random players.

Not to mention that Richie is currently playing in the NFL.