Curtis Carter decommits

could this be due to our crummy offense?

Louisiana wideout decommits from NU

By the Lincoln Journal Star

Rivals.com reports that Curtis Carter, the speedy receiver from Stonewall, La., has decommitted from the Huskers.

Carter apparently delivered the news to Husker wide receivers coach Ted Gilmore during a visit from the coach Monday night.

“I told Coach Gilmore that I was having doubts about where I fit into their offense. It was just not clicking with me because I’m a slot receiver and they’re really not using a slot receiver anymore,” Carter told Rivals.

Carter told the recruiting Web site that he watched the Big 12 championship game, “and all they do now is run, run, run.”

The 5-foot-10, 160-pound Carter is rated by Rivals as a four-star player. He said he plans to visit Missouri and TCU.

Rivals.com reports that Curtis Carter, the speedy receiver from Stonewall, La., has decommitted from the Huskers.

Carter apparently delivered the news to Husker wide receivers coach Ted Gilmore during a visit from the coach Monday night.

“I told Coach Gilmore that I was having doubts about where I fit into their offense. It was just not clicking with me because I’m a slot receiver and they’re really not using a slot receiver anymore,” Carter told Rivals.

Carter told the recruiting Web site that he watched the Big 12 championship game, “and all they do now is run, run, run.”

The 5-foot-10, 160-pound Carter is rated by Rivals as a four-star player. He said he plans to visit Missouri and TCU.

One would think you could tell the kid, "we don't have a slot receiver because we don't have anyone like you on our roster."

One would think you could tell the kid, "we don't have a slot receiver because we don't have anyone like you on our roster."

You would think we'd put that spin on it.

He must be really dandy if LSU doesn't want him.. 5-10/160? hmmmmmmmmm maclin: 6-0/200

Mizery and TCU, huh?

good luck with that :laughpound:laughpound:laughpound

WE NEED LINE!!! LINE, LINE, LINE,

Maclin is probably said to be 6-0/200 now and no matter what it said when he played for Misery was more like 5:10--170. Probably still 5'10" and a little heavier.

No way to spin this. C Carter had the potential to be a big time playmaker-- reciever, reverse plays, punt and kick returns ala Maclin or Johnny Rogers. You can't coach speed and hands and he seems to have them. We don't.

You would think we'd put that spin on it.

:sarcasm More like " Kid, we don't have a slot receiver because we don't have a QB that can complete a pass beyond where the tight end plays..."

i will trade his 4 star talent and 50 cent head for a couple one star big, possesion type receivers like todd peterson and nate swift. any freakin' day. we got 13 receivers already on the roster next year, plus one other committed. there is your reason. line line line line line

How'd that work out for us this year in the reciever department. If we don't need a 4.37 reciever with good hands, we don't need to throw the dam ball. We are the greatest fan base for dissing those that choose not to be a part of the program. If Gabbert were our QB we'd be miles ahead. Yet the same people who claim that we "don't need" Carter said that Gabbert was not good enough for us ....after he decommitted. The fact is that any 4* or 5* athlete that spurns us for whatever reason is a bummer. This one it seems Bo decided to put the screws on not to visit other schools. We are not near a program that can do that. Carter told us where to stick it. Now we can say "we don't need you...we need some 3 star that nobody has heard of that is 4 inches taller and a half second slower" ; but the truth is we are spinning.

We need to WIN THE RECRUITING BATTLES with Misery or this year will be a fluke. We came back and beat them in a rainstorm in the best or luckiest quarter Lee has played with Gabbert injured. They flat out whipped our butt the previous two years. If they get the players they have on their list and we get ours, I don't like our chances the next 2-3 years. Bleeding red and white doesn't mean you have to be stupid. We are going to lose more 4 star recruits in this class than we sign. That is not something to dismiss.

We do need to land recruits, but saying Mizzery will beat us because they have 4 star skill players isn't necessarily true. Apparently you've learned nothing watching this year - we have a defense, the only one in the B12N and easily top 2 or 3 in the conference if not nation. It all starts with the trenches. If you don't believe that, go watch the Bama Florida game. Florida is known for speedy, flashy guys, and they did absolutely nothing that game. Bama owned the trenches and ran it down UF's throat. We will do the same with Mizzery.

Bo seems to be able to make something out of nothing so to speak. We need a offensive coach that can do the same.

Having great talent is everyone's goal, but look at SC this year. More talent walking the sideline than anyone in the country.

I am not concerned he left. He has those feelings he did not belong here anyway, but I do understand his thoughts, and it will hurt us down the road if that thought continues. We need the top kids if we can get them, automaticaly tuning us out because of our rather unexciting offense is not good.

I think that will change.

i will trade his 4 star talent and 50 cent head for a couple one star big, possesion type receivers like todd peterson and nate swift. any freakin' day. we got 13 receivers already on the roster next year, plus one other committed. there is your reason. line line line line line

How'd that work out for us this year in the reciever department. If we don't need a 4.37 reciever with good hands, we don't need to throw the dam ball. We are the greatest fan base for dissing those that choose not to be a part of the program. If Gabbert were our QB we'd be miles ahead. Yet the same people who claim that we "don't need" Carter said that Gabbert was not good enough for us ....after he decommitted. The fact is that any 4* or 5* athlete that spurns us for whatever reason is a bummer. This one it seems Bo decided to put the screws on not to visit other schools. We are not near a program that can do that. Carter told us where to stick it. Now we can say "we don't need you...we need some 3 star that nobody has heard of that is 4 inches taller and a half second slower" ; but the truth is we are spinning.

We need to WIN THE RECRUITING BATTLES with Misery or this year will be a fluke. We came back and beat them in a rainstorm in the best or luckiest quarter Lee has played with Gabbert injured. They flat out whipped our butt the previous two years. If they get the players they have on their list and we get ours, I don't like our chances the next 2-3 years. Bleeding red and white doesn't mean you have to be stupid. We are going to lose more 4 star recruits in this class than we sign. That is not something to dismiss.

Note. Billyball is the same person that said we will be sitting at home during bowl season next year without carter and gabbert. Captain over-reaction.

Yes, the loss sucks. We will get over it though. If the kid doesn't want to be here, we dont NEED him here. sure we'd LIKE him here, and would be giddy as all hell if he recommits, but we will be okay without him.

People also said that about Castille.. said he wouldn't make the difference in a game.. but I could argue well that he could have made a loss into a win in 3 out of our 4 losses this year if not all of them. At some point we do need to care about the guys we're losing. Saying we don't need them because they don't want us is circular. We need to close the deal. This guy was high on us from the very beginning. We were the first school who recruited him heavily, long before LSU or Bama even looked at him. When we're losing guys who had their minds set on us all along it's not good.

Note. Billyball is the same person that said we will be sitting at home during bowl season next year without carter and gabbert. Captain over-reaction.

Yes, the loss sucks. We will get over it though. If the kid doesn't want to be here, we dont NEED him here. sure we'd LIKE him here, and would be giddy as all hell if he recommits, but we will be okay without him.

:yeah I don't want to talk bad about this kid, because he has to do what is best for himself...but if he does recommit, I would be okay with that. But he isn't the only fish in the sea, and all those stars don't impress me, as we have had plenty of players come along that lacked stars at the start of their careers but matured into real stars and did it the right way.