Early Line for the Holiday Bowl

dbetz23

Hopefully others have noticed we tend to play down, or up to our competition depending on who they are.

I'm not real impressed with Arizona. Their win against USC was "meh". USC had clearly given up on the season long before that game started.

They are not that impressive of an opponent. I could see us absolutely dismantling them (something like 35-0) if our offense clicks like they did against bad opponents early in the season. I could also see a very tight, low scoring game either way. The only scenario I don't see is them blowing us out.

Our offense is an embarassment and this game will be no different. Once again we'll have to rely on our D to score or put us in a position to score to have a chance to win. At this point our offense is just like an extended time out to give the D a little bit of a breather.

This game could be anywhere from totally one sided in the huskers favor to a blowout by Arizona. I would say the spread is fair... it is basically saying "we have no clue who is better."

You can honestly see ANY team blowing us out? Let's remember that 7 of the points in that Texas Tech game was scored on a 75 yard fumble recovery for TD. We have not allowed 30 points all year.

No one is blowing this defense out, short of the '07 New England Patriots.

This game could be anywhere from totally one sided in the huskers favor to a blowout by Arizona. I would say the spread is fair... it is basically saying "we have no clue who is better."

You can honestly see ANY team blowing us out? Let's remember that 7 of the points in that Texas Tech game was scored on a 75 yard fumble recovery for TD. We have not allowed 30 points all year.

Yeah. That.

Zona's in trouble.

"we have no clue who is better."

NU is better.

We have not punted in 2 straight games.

We have not punted in the second half since October 3rd.

Paul Johnson has balls the size of grapefruits.

I love the way PJ avoids the punt.

And I really like the way he runs the option.

He's the man!!

Yeah. That.

Zona's in trouble.

You don't need to beat the Husker defense to win. You just need to force offensive mistakes and turnovers. Defensive TD's and very short fields could produce a blowout....

You don't need to beat the Husker defense to win. You just need to force offensive mistakes and turnovers. Defensive TD's and very short fields could produce a blowout....

True, but when our offense is in max-protect mode, they make that task pretty tough. Not even Texas was able to capitalize on that plan, and they had everything in the world to play for.