2010 Recruiting Outlook and Prediction

Here's my prediction about how our 2010 recruiting class will pan out.

OFFENSIVE LINE

Jermarcus Hardrick - :star :star :star :star

Andrew Rodriguez - :star :star :star :star

Mike Moudy - :star :star :star

Jake Cotten - :star :star

RUNNING BACK

Braylon Heard - :star :star :star :star

TIGHT END

Chase Harper - :star :star :star :star

WIDE RECEIVER

Joshua Reese :star :star :star :star

Quincy Enunwa

Kenny Bell - :star :star :star

Austin Hill - :star :star :star

Tyler Evans - :star :star

DEFENSIVE LINE (sorry no Odighizuwa)

Chase Rome :star :star :star :star

Donovan Vestal :star :star :star

Tobi Okuyemi :star :star :star

Jay Guy :star :star :star

Walker Ashurn :star :star :star ( :star)

LINEBACKER

Lavonte David :star :star :star :star

DEFENSIVE BACKS

Corey Cooper :star :star :star :star

Ciante Evans :star :star :star

Harvey Jackson :star :star :star

Joshua Mitchell :star :star :star

Thats all I have for now, let me know of any of your predictions of guys we will snag. I'm still deciding on a couple but I think our recruiting class will look a lot like this.

I think Walker could get upgraded to a four star, wouldn't be surprised if it didn't happen but its possible.

As for the other 4 stars we could sign, I think if we lose them it would be dropping the ball on them. Considering their other offers, we should be getting them.

I think Heard and Reese are long shots at this point. Yes Heard is visiting this weekend, which is huge, but I'm not jumping on the "He's N" comments yet. No one has heard a thing about Reese in a while. IMO, if our staff thought we had a good chance of landing Reese, we wouldn't have offered Bell.

I feel good about Cooper and Hill but we play the other team both of these kids are thinking about. If we have a good showing on offense and defense against AZ, we should get them both.

Just went through the roster and it looks like we will have 70 players on schollie next year without any attrition. I guess you can chalk 1 or 2 as leaving the program but that still only leaves 17 spots for this year. We are sitting at 16 right now with possibly Cooper, Johnson, Hill, OO, Floyd, Heard, Wright, Wray, Carter, Bell, Mobley and another qb according to wats. The likely ones IMO are Cooper, Johnson, Hill, Heard, Wray, Bell and a qb. That still puts us at 23, so even if we ask Evans and Cotton to take greyshirts that still puts us at 21. Like I've said for a while it looks like we are going to have to turn some people away. For these recruits that are just waiting to wait but really want to go to NU they better hurry up bc there is a real chance if they wait too long they wont get a spot.

Here's my prediction about how our 2010 recruiting class will pan out.

OFFENSIVE LINE

Jermarcus Hardrick - :star :star :star :star

Andrew Rodriguez - :star :star :star :star

Mike Moudy - :star :star :star

Jake Cotten - :star :star

RUNNING BACK

Braylon Heard - :star :star :star :star

TIGHT END

Chase Harper - :star :star :star :star

WIDE RECEIVER

Joshua Reese :star :star :star :star

Quincy Enunwa

Kenny Bell - :star :star :star

Austin Hill - :star :star :star

Tyler Evans - :star :star

DEFENSIVE LINE (sorry no Odighizuwa)

Chase Rome :star :star :star :star

Donovan Vestal :star :star :star

Tobi Okuyemi :star :star :star

Jay Guy :star :star :star

Walker Ashurn :star :star :star ( :star)

LINEBACKER

Lavonte David :star :star :star :star

DEFENSIVE BACKS

Corey Cooper :star :star :star :star

Ciante Evans :star :star :star

Harvey Jackson :star :star :star

Joshua Mitchell :star :star :star

Thats all I have for now, let me know of any of your predictions of guys we will snag. I'm still deciding on a couple but I think our recruiting class will look a lot like this.

This.

BUT- Add a 4th (:star) to Moudy's name and maybe Ciante Evans. Subtract Reese and add Owa. I called that a few weeks ago so I have to stick with it. :) One thing that I have learned as well is to never underestimate this staff recruiting wise.

Braylon seems to be down to us and WV. If he is smart he would look at that WV offense and wonder where he fits in (sounds familiar doesnt it?). It doesnt hurt that he is visiting. Also see above statement about underestimating the staff.

We currently lead for Cooper so that is a safe bet to be honest. I dont think that the Holiday Bowl will have THAT much influence on his decision either as long as our defense gets off the bus. These are football smart kids. They know a GREAT defense when they see it and know when it isnt a defenses fault (if that makes sense?). Hill is said to be a husker lean but... I am just not quite sold on him committing yet. No saying he wont, it just seems like a pretty big battle for the kid and we dont have many guns; other than he would play basically right away.

Willis Wright and Tejay Johnson are two kids that could end up at NU. Tough to say about those two though because we have heard basically nothing about either of them.

Good breakdown though epoc. Very nicely put together.

Just went through the roster and it looks like we will have 70 players on schollie next year without any attrition. I guess you can chalk 1 or 2 as leaving the program but that still only leaves 17 spots for this year. We are sitting at 16 right now with possibly Cooper, Johnson, Hill, OO, Floyd, Heard, Wright, Wray, Carter, Bell, Mobley and another qb according to wats. The likely ones IMO are Cooper, Johnson, Hill, Heard, Wray, Bell and a qb. That still puts us at 23, so even if we ask Evans and Cotton to take greyshirts that still puts us at 21. Like I've said for a while it looks like we are going to have to turn some people away. For these recruits that are just waiting to wait but really want to go to NU they better hurry up bc there is a real chance if they wait too long they wont get a spot.

i still think we'll take around 20.

I also thought about who could possibly transfer or just leave the team and really the only person that I can see leaving is Okafor or Ward at this point. I thought maybe Henry but he'll be a senior or someone like Barrett but if he hasn't left yet I don't think he will. Who do you think will leave/get kicked off/transfer to be able to get us to 20?

I also thought about who could possibly transfer or just leave the team and really the only person that I can see leaving is Okafor or Ward at this point. I thought maybe Henry but he'll be a senior or someone like Barrett but if he hasn't left yet I don't think he will. Who do you think will leave/get kicked off/transfer to be able to get us to 20?

i have no idea, but kids leave every year. sometimes it's to get playing time somewhere else, but not always.

here are some kids whose future prospects for playing time are questionable (obviously they can improve. after all, who thought that gans would turn out to be a stud, even after three years in the program?)

mendoza

ward

okafur

blue

then there may be other guys that maybe just see greener fields elsewhere (will gilleyen be happy fighting for playing time? trey robinson? ).

will cooper decide to focus on baseball? will prince head to the NFL?

the following guys have one year of eligibility left, so it seems very unlikely they'd leave, but i have to wonder if we could find reason to put one of them on medical scholarship:

latravis

barrett

ben martin

then there's what seems likely to be an actual med scholarship situation in burkes.

i have to wonder what adi will do, assuming henery doesn't go pro early. adi needs to kick some field goals to get serious looks from the league. his choices appear to be redshirt next year or transfer to a lower division for playing time. seems more reasonable to expect the redshirt, but you never know.

another possibility is one of the redshirts leaving. we have no idea how good they look or who will get homesick. seems like RSF are among the most common to leave.

of course, the completely unpredictable ones are kids that get in trouble, be it with smoking too much for the coaches preference or by arrest.

in any case, you can count on some turnover every year and i wouldn't expect this to be the exception.