My last goodbye to Memorial Stadium

epocSoN

Well... the time has come for me to graduate and move on from the University of Nebraska - Lincoln. I have worked at HuskerVision for 4 years now and wow, it's been crazy. I have about 7 days left to abuse my privileges and two days ago I definitely did just that...

As many of you know we had a two day blizzard a few days ago. Myself and 7 other student workers got together to play the famous SNOW BOWL! During the blizzard we played an intense and sloppy game of tackle football in Memorial. One of the best and most memorable experiences that I'm sure I won't ever forget. It was one of the coolest sites I have seen. The stadium during the blizzard at night with the lights on was awesome, and to play a game during it was even better.

Just thought I would brag about it since I only have 7 more days to do so... :lol:

Huskervision has been great to me, and trust me when I say this... the student workers at Huskervision give their lives to the athletic department. I have slept up there on countless occasions, and gone weeks at a time without seeing my fiancee. But the fan support and reaction from our work during game day makes it worth it without a question. I'm going to miss it for sure. And I know this will seem meaningless to many, but hell this is the last week until the rest of my life begins so if there is every a time for reflections this was it.

I'll be in the stands next year, back to life as a normal fan... at least I can yell during games again.

Well... the time has come for me to graduate and move on from the University of Nebraska - Lincoln. I have worked at HuskerVision for 4 years now and wow, it's been crazy. I have about 7 days left to abuse my privileges and two days ago I definitely did just that...

As many of you know we had a two day blizzard a few days ago. Myself and 7 other student workers got together to play the famous SNOW BOWL! During the blizzard we played an intense and sloppy game of tackle football in Memorial. One of the best and most memorable experiences that I'm sure I won't ever forget. It was one of the coolest sites I have seen. The stadium during the blizzard at night with the lights on was awesome, and to play a game during it was even better.

Just thought I would brag about it since I only have 7 more days to do so... :lol:

Huskervision has been great to me, and trust me when I say this... the student workers at Huskervision give their lives to the athletic department. I have slept up there on countless occasions, and gone weeks at a time without seeing my fiancee. But the fan support and reaction from our work during game day makes it worth it without a question. I'm going to miss it for sure. And I know this will seem meaningless to many, but hell this is the last week until the rest of my life begins so if there is every a time for reflections this was it.

I'll be in the stands next year, back to life as a normal fan... at least I can yell during games again.

As someone who knows what goes on up there (my dad used to be staff in HV back in the day) you and the rest of the students up there deserve one helluva pat on the back. I know I used to walk in there all the time and you see people sleeping on the couch trying to get just a couple hours of sleep, and then get back to work. The students up there bust their ass and it's kinda nice for you guys to see a lot of the results out there. Thanks for all the great work, congrats on graduating, and good luck in whatever else you may move on to!

Very cool story...thanks for sharing. And, yes I am jealous!