HuskerRob

I have felt that 2010 was the year since coach Pelini first got here, but I am a little skeptical. It feels great to be confident that we are able to win every game on our schedule next year, but then again, I felt REALLY good about 2007 and even some media outlets were picking us to be in the Fiesta Bowl that year. I'm fairly confident about 2010, but still worry a bit about an unforseen let down.

As far as our defense goes, it'll be important to make a big statement against Washington w/Jake Locker since he'll more than likely be the new QB media darling next year.

If we're successful against Locker, then our conference opponents will have a reason to fear our defense again. It'll bode well for us to have that psychological advantage over opposing offenses going into conference play.

I have a suspicion that Gameday will either pick up on the Washington or Texas game next year.

I don't see them picking up the Texas game b/c they'll probably pick up the Red River Rivalry the week before.

I don't see them picking up the rivalry again, there are better matchups. It was slotted this year because of the McCoy vs Bradford showdown. Texas should be decent next year, but I only see OU being a 15-25 team.

Our first toughest game will be against Washington, especially considering the fact that Locker is probably returning for his senior season. I heard somewhere that he was coming back, and then I heard he hadn't made a choice yet, so idk. Either way, they have good athletes, but I still don't think they have enough offensively to compete with us defensively.

Every game next year is 'winnable', just as every game this year was 'winnable'. I never count a team out of winning a game until the clock reads zero and the other opponent has more points.

OSU and Texas both lose their record setting QB's. The North, albeit slightly better with Gabbert being back, is still going to be a toss up as to who wins it imho. We can't count on anything these days....

Anyways, next years schedule looks good for us. Texas A&M is the game that has me worried above others, but I'm confident that we can hold them 3 scores or less. I know Texas and Texas A&M are rivals, but if we could shut down the Texas offense, I don't see a whole lot stopping us next year even with Suh being gone.

I see us losing a close game to Mizzou, but I think that ultimately we win the North.

Chile Plezzzzze!

T_O_B

Our first toughest game will be against Washington, especially considering the fact that Locker is probably returning for his senior season. I heard somewhere that he was coming back, and then I heard he hadn't made a choice yet, so idk. Either way, they have good athletes, but I still don't think they have enough offensively to compete with us defensively.

Every game next year is 'winnable', just as every game this year was 'winnable'. I never count a team out of winning a game until the clock reads zero and the other opponent has more points.

OSU and Texas both lose their record setting QB's. The North, albeit slightly better with Gabbert being back, is still going to be a toss up as to who wins it imho. We can't count on anything these days....

Anyways, next years schedule looks good for us. Texas A&M is the game that has me worried above others, but I'm confident that we can hold them 3 scores or less. I know Texas and Texas A&M are rivals, but if we could shut down the Texas offense, I don't see a whole lot stopping us next year even with Suh being gone.

I see us losing a close game to Mizzou, but I think that ultimately we win the North

Blaine Gabbert is not coming into Lincoln and beating us.

duh because it will be tyler gabbert.............. :sarcasm

I see us losing a close game to Mizzou, but I think that ultimately we win the North

Tyler must be wanting a career in coaching. That's the only reason I see him wanting to go to MU right now, to signal in plays. He will obviously never beat his brother out and I doubt he does the other kid in this class, Franklin I believe is his name.

Still don't understand that decision. I understand not coming to NU, why wouldn't he look at a KU or others that are recruiting him?

Tyler must be wanting a career in coaching. That's the only reason I see him wanting to go to MU right now, to signal in plays. He will obviously never beat his brother out and I doubt he does the other kid in this class, Franklin I believe is his name.

Still don't understand that decision. I understand not coming to NU, why wouldn't he look at a KU or others that are recruiting him?

He is from MU, so I assume he would want to be near his family at the university and attending classes with classmates from his high school. It'd be the equiv if A-Rod decommited from Mizzou to attend NU- the entire state would say about f***n time.

He is from MU, so I assume he would want to be near his family at the university and attending classes with classmates from his high school. It'd be the equiv if A-Rod decommited from Mizzou to attend NU- the entire state would say about f***n time.

yes and no. Nebraska losing a nebraska athlete they want to mizzou is completely different than mizzou losing an missouri athlete they want to nebraska.. if you cant see that, sorry.

yes and no. Nebraska losing a nebraska athlete they want to mizzou is completely different than mizzou losing an missouri athlete they want to nebraska.. if you cant see that, sorry.

I agree that Nebraska has control of it's borders better than Missouri, but it's not entirely different. It's not like anyone with a right mind actually believed girl gabbert ( the little b**** of the Gabbert clan, Tyler) was actually going to attend NU. The day he gave his verbal to rivals everyone on this forum recognized he was never coming here. Gabberts are all alike, dastardly and boorish. However, we shouldn't be as ignorant to think that Mizzou isn't a viable contender for recruits in Missouri ever since they found success on the field.

I agree that Nebraska has control of it's borders better than Missouri, but it's not entirely different. It's not like anyone with a right mind actually believed girl gabbert ( the little b**** of the Gabbert clan, Tyler) was actually going to attend NU. The day he gave his verbal to rivals everyone on this forum recognized he was never coming here. Gabberts are all alike, dastardly and boorish. However, we shouldn't be as ignorant to think that Mizzou isn't a viable contender for recruits in Missouri ever since they found success on the field.

Okay yea no i agree with you.. his thread is filled with "i'll be surprised if he ever sets foot in class here" etc. And yea, mizzou is def a threat for missouri kids.

People said the same thing about Daniels in 2008.. The way our offense finished this year doesn't exactly answer any questions about next year, if anything it'll be as big of a ? mark in fall camp. Mizzou has some decent offensive play makers returning and that will be competing for playing time next year. We showed this year that we can't put up the numbers against even the bad defenses in the Big 12. Mizzou won't have the greatest defense next year, but they will have a formidable offense.

The Gabbert ragging is stupid. The kid was a 5 star recruit under BC who defected when the program imploded. He wasn't he only recruit that jumped ship, and I don't blame him for decommiting- who wouldn't? But Gabbert was ranked 3rd in the nation for plays over 30 yards this year, 26 being beaten out by only Case Keenum and Ryan Mallett. Mizzou's offense will be solid next year after returning a lot of starters. Their defense will still be questionable, but our offense has done nothing to make the game appear to be a cake walk. If nothing else, I would say Mizzou will have quite an edge offensively and we will have one defensively. If the game goes to a shootout, I see Mizzou winning it.

I must offer a different opinion on the bolded part.

It's not like we're playing Missouri this year. This game 9 months away, which gives us plenty of time to sort out what type of offense we are going to run and try to develop guys to do it. I'm not saying we are going to be a whole lot better offensively next year, but we must not talk as if this years offense is going to carry over into next year.

Also, Mizzou's offense will be solid, yes. However, they still have not figured out a way to consistently run the football under Pinkel. Alexander is also leaving their team, who was their biggest playmaking threat. Each year, they find a new guy to step in, but even Alexander didn't live up to Maclin's abilities, and you saw their offense struggle because of it.

I can't make good predictions for the game yet because It's way too early. Last year, everybody said a shootout would end in a Nebraska defeat. Well, we held MU to 12 points. I see no reason to believe that at home, with a more collectively solid defensive unit, we can't hold them to two scores or less.