S Franklin Shannon

on his visit to Oklahoma: "I didn't know anything about OU before Junior Day and I certainly didn't know they worked that hard to keep their kids out of trouble and to keep their grades up. The way they made it seem it was grades before football and that was what I wanted to hear."

:xcuse Grades before football at OU

They don't actually do that, they just make it seem like they put grades before football.

OU better get busy then because these statistics say otherwise.

ejx5jl.jpg

LINK

Thats one area that it helps to not have guys bolt for the NFL. Grad rates stay higher that way. For 2010 Nebraska is tops in the Big 12 but 17th in the BCS at 72% Grad Rate. LINK

on his visit to Oklahoma: "I didn’t know anything about OU before Junior Day and I certainly didn’t know they worked that hard to keep their kids out of trouble and to keep their grades up. The way they made it seem it was grades before football and that was what I wanted to hear.”

Of course that's how they made it seem. Did he think OU was actually going to tell him that they don't care about academics when they're important to him?

on his visit to Oklahoma: "I didn’t know anything about OU before Junior Day and I certainly didn’t know they worked that hard to keep their kids out of trouble and to keep their grades up. The way they made it seem it was grades before football and that was what I wanted to hear.”

Of course that's how they made it seem. Did he think OU was actually going to tell him that they don't care about academics when they're important to him?

:yeah

• Fire 2
  • 1 month later...

Franklin has been to Baylor and Oklahoma junior days. He doesn't have any favorites but will make his decision in a couple of months. He has family in Oklahoma and everytime he visits family in Oklahoma is a guarantee that he'll visit OU's campus.

Wherever Franklin goes academics comes first and everything else comes second the football and coaches. He said that he'll like to check out Nebraska some more and said that he likes our defense and could see himself fitting in. He also likes that we're a defensive team as well.

Franklin has been to Baylor and Oklahoma junior days. He doesn't have any favorites but will make his decision in a couple of months. He has family in Oklahoma and everytime he visits family in Oklahoma is a guarantee that he'll visit OU's campus.

Wherever Franklin goes academics comes first and everything else comes second the football and coaches. He said that he'll like to check out Nebraska some more and said that he likes our defense and could see himself fitting in. He also likes that we're a defensive team as well.

To add to this, he says he will definitely camp or take an unofficial visit to Nebraska before making any decision.

IMO, the family thing in Oklahoma makes me think he'll end up there. You never know but the fact that he has visited the campus 4 times and wants to make a decision by the end of summer makes it see like he's OU bound. Never know though.

To add to this, he says he will definitely camp or take an unofficial visit to Nebraska before making any decision.

IMO, the family thing in Oklahoma makes me think he'll end up there. You never know but the fact that he has visited the campus 4 times and wants to make a decision by the end of summer makes it see like he's OU bound. Never know though.

I'm still holding out hope that he will fall in love with our facilities, coaching staff, etc. But trying to recruit against family doesnt work alot of the time. If he does go to OU move on to one of the other safeties we have offered:Gerrod Holliman, Wayne Lyons, Lyndell Johnson, TK Flemming

• 4 weeks later...