Joshua Mitchell

Hometown: Corona, CA

School: Eleanor Roosevelt HS

Position: CB

Height: 5'11"

Weight: 165 lbs

40 time: 4.4

Visit Date: 11/6/2009 (OU game)

Scholarships offered: Nebraska, UTEP, Colorado State, Idaho, San Diego State, Washington State

Favorites: N!

yea saw that. he looks like he's gunna be a good one. but his team mates do too. and they visited. and non committed.

they have no clear favorites according to rivals ( i have no account).

any one know if we are in the lead or if we should consider them out of the mix?

It was a lot easier in the day to recruit California when most of the PAC 10 sucked. Oregon-OSU-Cal-Washington St - Stanford - Arizona have not been traditional powers per say. When we were getting a lot of kids, the local schools were average at best, with occassional good years from UCLA and USC and ASU, and Nebraska was on top.

Now it is very difficult to convice a kid to leave "home"......warm-beaches-environment......to come to the middle of basically nowhere, especially if the "area" schools are doing really well, and NU is still not proven that they are going to be "back".

We may know it and expect it, but to an outsider, NU is just a program that is still not very good. Just a team from the midwest, who may finish around 20-25th in the country.

WE KNOW WHAT WE HAVE, but until NU wins consistantly (again), it will be difficult to pull kids away from home. I don't give a crap WHO recruits them.

This is definately more of a case of "circumstance" instead of being Carl's lack of recruiting.

It has been said that Carl Pelini is one of the most respected Asst. coaches out in Cali.

Enunwa is a STEAL!!!

Plus Carl always seems to be mentioned by recruits, even if he isn't their head recruiter. Which tell me he must have his ear to the ground out there and knows the lay of the land pretty well.

In the last two years alone we've signed Quincy Enunwa, Joshua Mitchell, Eric Martin, Lazarri Middleton, Dejon Gomes, Dijon Washington, JT Kerr and Taylor Martinez. I'd say the coaches are doing just fine in Cali.

It has been said that Carl Pelini is one of the most respected Asst. coaches out in Cali.

Enunwa is a STEAL!!!

Plus Carl always seems to be mentioned by recruits, even if he isn't their head recruiter. Which tell me he must have his ear to the ground out there and knows the lay of the land pretty well.

In the last two years alone we've signed Quincy Enunwa, Joshua Mitchell, Eric Martin, Lazarri Middleton, Dejon Gomes, Dijon Washington, JT Kerr and Taylor Martinez. I'd say the coaches are doing just fine in Cali.

These two haven't signed, not trying to be an a$$ but recruiting season isn't over yet.