DANG! I miss this.

HUSKER 37

Things I noticed (yes, I know this is a highlight video so only the good stuff gets shown)

a - The line could block

b - The receivers could catch

c - Turner KNEW how to run the option

And since this was newly posted

d - Is there a KU connection????

:dunno

Not sure if our lines are so much worse now days as much as everyone else just caught up (Strength/Nutrition/Technique).

As far as a KU connection? the guy that posted it on YT has a few other Husker Highlight videos as well as a couple KU and KSU game highlights...But strange that at least two Huskers on this video has children that went to KU.

It's pretty depressing seeing how confident one of our option QBs was slinging the ball 20-30 yards downfield. Now, the offense that was supposed to upgrade us into the 21st century can only muster 39 passing yards in our biggest game of the decade.

PS - That option run with the pass option was badass. I think Gill was the only one TO was confident enough in to run it effectively.

It's pretty depressing seeing how confident one of our option QBs was slinging the ball 20-30 yards downfield. Now, the offense that was supposed to upgrade us into the 21st century can only muster 39 passing yards in our biggest game of the decade.

PS - That option run with the pass option was badass. I think Gill was the only one TO was confident enough in to run it effectively.

Gerry Gdowski, Keithen McCant would make great QB's if they played in todays offense.

Thanks H-37, you have given us an early Christmas present.

It was October 3, 1981, there was a light rain falling in Lincoln as the Huskers hosted Auburn. My wife and I were sitting in the south end zone. We kept our selves dry by covering up with garbage bags. The Huskers were having trouble scoring with Sr. QB Marc Mauer and Jr. QB Nate Mason running the offence. Then, I believe it was in the 3rd quarter Coach Oz inserted his last QB into the lineup. He was a Soph. from Fort Worth, Texas. The Huskers went on to even their record at 2 and 2. They finished the regular season at 10 and 2, and had a shot at the national championship but lost 22-15 to Clemson in the bowl game. The Soph. who came into the game that rainy afternoon never gave back the helm of the Big RED, he started every game thereafter until he graduated in 1984. In his senior season he led the team that became known as the 'Scoring Explosion.' That team show cased the talents of the number 1 player taken in the 1984 NFL Draft and the Heisman Trophy winner. They lost only their last game, by one point, playing Miami, on Miami's home field in the Orange Bowl. Irving Fryer had a long career in the NFL and Mike Rozier's Heisman Trophy is on display in Memorial Stadium. Their QB was Turner Gill, arguably the greatest QB Nebraska has ever had, and certainly one of the top three.

T_O_B

:bonez:bonez:bonez