Please explain...

CU Sucks

that might have been the same crew but it was not the same head referee

I didn't think so either, but he said it was the crew. Said something was said at the beginning of the game about it being the same crew that did the Big 12 CG. I gave my tickets to a few BYU guys at work and darn glad I did, that wind got awful tonight.

That same wind is going to blow our 6"+ snowfall Christmas Eve into huge drifts for me to scoop. Oh, Joy!!! :steam

I'm just wondering whether that was one of those "dynamic" Pac 10 Offenses or one of those Pac 10 Defenses that are "as good or better than Nebraska's" that I keep hearing about on the Arizona boards?

I was wondering the same considering everything I see lately seems to say that the Pac 10 has great defenses.

I was just going to say Oregon State's defense was awesome.... Oh wait, I actually watched that game.

A good defense does not give up 44 in regulation.

I'm just wondering whether that was one of those "dynamic" Pac 10 Offenses or one of those Pac 10 Defenses that are "as good or better than Nebraska's" that I keep hearing about on the Arizona boards?

I was wondering the same considering everything I see lately seems to say that the Pac 10 has great defenses.

I was just going to say Oregon State's defense was awesome.... Oh wait, I actually watched that game.

A good defense does not give up 44 in regulation.

Listening to these 'Zona fans, their defense is pretty good and they are almost as good at Texas Tech because they run the same type of offense. They had better hope they are because their defense, if anything like the OSU defense is awful.

The play was ruled over when forward progress was stopped, inbounds. I've noticed that they've done a lot more of this when they added the other rules to keep the clock moving more often, to speed the game up.

The other noteworthy point of this is that they actually did do a review of the play specifically to check the clock at the end of the half. So it wasn't just for our game.

Kind of contradicting yourself there if he was deemed to have been stopped inbounds then why was there a replay at all to check the clock?

The ref usually does the arm twirl thing to keep the clock going but in the game you can see he blew the whistle to stop the clock and the WR was running towards the sideline not forward to get out of bounds.

The play was ruled over when forward progress was stopped, inbounds. I've noticed that they've done a lot more of this when they added the other rules to keep the clock moving more often, to speed the game up.

The other noteworthy point of this is that they actually did do a review of the play specifically to check the clock at the end of the half. So it wasn't just for our game.

Kind of contradicting yourself there if he was deemed to have been stopped inbounds then why was there a replay at all to check the clock?

The ref usually does the arm twirl thing to keep the clock going but in the game you can see he blew the whistle to stop the clock and the WR was running towards the sideline not forward to get out of bounds.

Actually, he blew his whistle and motioned with his arm to keep the clock running at the same time (like the refs do at the end of most in-bounds plays). It was ruled that his forward progress stopped, so he wasn't out of bounds and clock didn't stop. I'm really not sure why they reviewed it, but the review agreed with the original call, so what's the big deal? :dunno

The ref did the arm twirl thing to keep the clock going. He also blew the whistle to stop the play, not the clock. Every play ends with the whistle, whether in bounds or not. The clock only stops if he waves and crosses his arms (whatever they call it) rather than the one armed windmill.

As far as I could tell, the review was to see if he was incorrect in his ruling that progress was stopped (keeping the clock moving) vs. going out of bounds while still making progress, which would've stopped the clock with time left.

The runner was hit, driven back a step, and then moved sideways to the out of bounds. The ref and replay ruled that the hit stopped progress and ended the play.

How the end of the first half ended the way it did in the byu vs osu game? I thought I had let this go but apparently it's deep seeded... There was CLEARLY at least two seconds left on the field clock and it was a booth review... What was the difference?

dedhoarsededhoarse

beat that beyaaatch!!

:rollin