Mizzou to the Big 10? WHat do the Huskers think and how will it impact Nebraska

jayhawk

Good riddance Mizzou, you won't matter in the Big Ten either. You are not a top level program and until you get a high caliber coach you never will be...but when you do get that coach he will leave for greener pastures as soon as he gets a chance. Stop whining, know your roll.

I love when Nebraska fans try to flame, and they swing and miss.

Is that a Kaiser roll? Sourdough? Yeast roll? Dinner roll? Cinnamon roll? MMM!

By the way, here's the current revenue sharing data for the Big 12 TV contract:

(don't have all the totals) Baylor: $7.5 million, Missouri: $9 milllion, Texas: $12 million.

If the Big 12 doesn't want teams to leave, they need a better TV contract, and equality among members.

:facepalm:

I can do a text search and see the word "Nebraska." What I'm looking for is evidence that we have somehow conspired against Missouri and the rest of the Big 12. Simply copying the interview and highlighting the word doesn't mean anything.

OK, well the Athletic director of Missouri is telling us this is what is happening. I guess you can not believe him, but he is at the meetings. I would think he would know, since he is in the meetings, who is saying what and how people are voting. Not sure why he would lie or misrepresent.

No, that's not what he's saying. He's providing conjecture. If Nebraska was conspiring against Missouri and the rest of the smaller schools and this was harming Missouri to the point where they were thinking of joining the Big 10, you think he'd be saying "maybe Nebraska?"

Sorry, this is pure speculation on his part, not fact.

Denile ain't just a river in Egypt.

Conjecture and Speculation both mean that he is guessing or putting forth an opinion based on his beliefs and not facts. He is AT the meetings, he is a first hand witness to who takes what positions. These are not his idle musings or a plot he has conceived must exist. He is therefore not guilty of conjecture or speculation. He could be lying, misrepresenting or obfuscating with his vague language, but I rather think that he is being vague so as not inflame the situation. After reading that article and knowing you need 4 votes to stop change in the Big 12, I think it is safe to say he is saying the Huskers have been for the unequal distribution of funds... So I guess you think he is lying?

Problem here is when the bylaws of the conference was set up, most of the votes were 11 - 1. Guess who the 1 was. Not Missouri. Not Kansas. Not ISU. Not KSU.

Yes it was NEBRASKA who was the only one to stand up and not get down on its knees before Texas. So when Alden and his KC radio lacky Col. Klink-zman pound on how evil NU is, look in the mirror.

Problem here is when the bylaws of the conference was set up, most of the votes were 11 - 1. Guess who the 1 was. Not Missouri. Not Kansas. Not ISU. Not KSU.

Yes it was NEBRASKA who was the only one to stand up and not get down on its knees before Texas. So when Alden and his KC radio lacky Col. Klink-zman pound on how evil NU is, look in the mirror.

Don't bother with facts in a thread like this. We're trying to hold Nebraska accountable for the woes of the smaller schools in the conference. Facts just muddle the conversation.

Don't bother with facts in a thread like this. We're trying to hold Nebraska accountable for the woes of the smaller schools in the conference. Facts just muddle the conversation.

Yep. Not to mention that Nebraska football brings more money into the conference than Missouri . . . but Missouri wants it distributed equally? Hmmm . . . I think if they actually earned more they would not be so concerned about distributing it.

Seems to me we were discussing them leaving and what affect it would have on Nebraska.

Not what may cause them to leave.

As to what is being said, we have no proof that Nebraska did not side that way either.

If you think we are under the influence of the South now, wait until they add another Texas school. It will hurt our recruiting in Texas and Missouri I would think.

Nebraska needs Missouri to stay.

Just curious as to what most think.

I know some look at it as a hate thing. I do not.

I just see it as being bad for Nebraska, most likely good for Missouri.

I do not see the Big 10+1 coming after us, due to population and really a lack of a recruiting bed.

The Big 12 needs to hold this together.

Arkansas is never leaving the SEC, so who else would we bring in to keep the 12?

Still it seems to me the only viable program would be TCU. They would become very powerful in the Big 12 very quickly is my guess. Plus they would side wiith their Texan brothern most likely on conference rules and changes.

Just do not see a positive to Missouri leaving in any way.

They are getting back to what they were under Devine.

I do not see the Big 10+1 coming after us, due to population and really a lack of a recruiting bed.

Arkansas is never leaving the SEC, so who else would we bring in to keep the 12?

Still it seems to me the only viable program would be TCU. They would become very powerful in the Big 12 very quickly is my guess. Plus they would side wiith their Texan brothern most likely on conference rules and changes.

I pretty much agree with you. I don't like their fans, but they have become our biggest rival. If they leave the Big 12 there will be a hole in our conference. The Kansas City and St. Louis markets will go to the big 10. Likely there will be less interest in televising the games of whoever replaces Missouri, so we will have fewer TV appearances as a team and a conference.

NO SEC TEAM will come to the Big 12. The reason MIssouri is leaving is for a lot more money and more TV. Arky has a lot more money and a lot more TV in the SEC than they would have in the Texas dominated Big 12. They would be idiots for jumping to the big 12.

So it will be a lessor school from a lessor conference that replaces misery. It will hurt us more than help and give Texas that much more control. We are not strong in Basketball so being the only "power" in the North will not give us any influence in the conference.

We'd better hope Rutgers is the pick of the Big 10, though I truly think Missouri is the logical choice.

I pretty much agree with you. I don't like their fans, but they have become our biggest rival. If they leave the Big 12 there will be a hole in our conference. The Kansas City and St. Louis markets will go to the big 10. Likely there will be less interest in televising the games of whoever replaces Missouri, so we will have fewer TV appearances as a team and a conference.

NO SEC TEAM will come to the Big 12. The reason MIssouri is leaving is for a lot more money and more TV. Arky has a lot more money and a lot more TV in the SEC than they would have in the Texas dominated Big 12. They would be idiots for jumping to the big 12.

So it will be a lessor school from a lessor conference that replaces misery. It will hurt us more than help and give Texas that much more control. We are not strong in Basketball so being the only "power" in the North will not give us any influence in the conference.

We'd better hope Rutgers is the pick of the Big 10, though I truly think Missouri is the logical choice.

I guess Missou is like the flavor of the month now? It was Colorado then KSU and now it's Missou? <_<

The problem I see is if Missou leaves that going to make other conferences like the Pac Ten looking to catch up and start a dominoes effect and Colorado has always been a target. Will that start the whole conference to start jumping ship or do they become the SWC and invite more Texas teams?

The argument about academics is such a friggin crock. It is all about money in the end.

Exactly. These aren't academic conferences, they're sports conferences. The academics angle is a smoke screen.

Could you imagine if all the conferences were aligned according to academics?

I can. The IVY League :)

If Texas, Oklahoma and Nebraska don't want to share, why haven't the other 9 schools banded together to make these changes? It doesn't make much sense to name schools when there are obviously other schools that aren't on board with what the Missouri AD is proposing. One other reason to hate Missouri. I think I hate Missouri about as much as I hate cancer.

How about Nebraska, OU and Texas just go independent and see what negotiating power the other 9 schools have. The block would then be gone and the Missouri AD would then have those blocking his progress out of the way.

:yeah:yeah:yeah:yeah

Missouri brings nothing to this conf. let them leave.

6 Million people, over twice the size of Nebraska...