Mizzou to the Big 10? WHat do the Huskers think and how will it impact Nebraska

jayhawk

Since when has Missouri earned the right to bitch about anything. IMO the teams that are rumored to be holding things up are the teams that have been carrying their respective conferences for years. Missouri is irrelevant and if they decide to leave the conference nobody would even notice.

Just my opinion, but if mizzou goes to the little 11 there are a lot of other teams that would love to join the big 12, for recruiting, national exposure etc. I dont forsee the conference going under if mizzou leaves.

i'd go for SMU, TCU, Houston or Rice. i'd favor SMU as they have a rich tradition in p*ssing off Texas.

after you get any one of those team, move oklahoma to the big xii north and give them the option to continue the yearly Texas match-up and guarantee the bedlam game with okie lite.

Just my opinion, but if mizzou goes to the little 11 there are a lot of other teams that would love to join the big 12, for recruiting, national exposure etc. I dont forsee the conference going under if mizzou leaves.

i'd go for SMU, TCU, Houston or Rice. i'd favor SMU as they have a rich tradition in p*ssing off Texas.

after you get any one of those team, move oklahoma to the big xii north and give them the option to continue the yearly Texas match-up and guarantee the bedlam game with okie lite.

In another word they would only be playing one different team every year?

In the grand scheme of things, if Mizzou goes to the "little 11", there will be little or no impact felt by the Big XII. I didn't bring any flow charts or lists of revenue to this discussion, but this scenario wouldn't suprise me in the least.

So, Mizzou leaves the Big XII (boo hoo) to go to the Big 10. The hierarchy within the Big XII have probably been thinking about this for a while, so they have a plan to intercede, ready to go.

There are several attractive teams in the non Big 6 conferences, that i'm sure could be easily lured into joining the Big XII. TCU, Houston, maybe even Utah, could possibly be coaxed into joining. Especially TCU or Utah, considering the fact they're past foray's into BCS bowl games with good records and not playing for a National Title. Now, considering the competition they will be facing will make it increasingly difficult for them to go undefeated, and play for a NC, the fact that the opportunity is more feasible, being in one of the Big 6 conferences, should be more than enough to entice them. (not even thinking about the increase in income)

I surmise that if anything, Mizzou leaving could make the Big XII, a better conference.

I know that some of us before this year were very tired of getting creamed by Misery in the last few years. That's something that has not happened in modern times. Yet as much as I dislike Misery, I would hope the Big 11 takes Rutgers or Pitt.

Though Misery is recruiting much better than in the past and will be very competitive in the North race for the next several years, I would rather have them to beat every year than Oklahoma to go to the CCG. Also, though it may help us a tiny bit with recruiting of players that UT and OU and now likely ATM don't want in talent rich Texas, we will likely become less able to recruit top players from Missouri. In the big 10 they will be on tv every week and they will have a lot more money than they currently get as a member of the big 12. The papers and talk radio along with TV will be all big 10 all the time Thekids in the state will quickily get attuned to the Big 10 teams and Rose Bowl goals. Misery will likely be quite competitive in the conference from the outset. Big 12 football won't be the big deal in a few years to Misery hicks. Texas and OU will continue to dominate the conference for the forseeable future and thus interest in playing for any team in the North of the big 12 will be down for the top in state talent.

Missouri is the second most talent rich state in the Big 12 available to us. When we stop playing MU, there will not be much interest from Missouri kids in Husker football. Other Big 10 teams will become more attractive to kids that Misery can't or doesn't want to hold on to. Guys like Chase Rome and the two that committed and left would more likely have considered other Big 10 schools rather than NU.

Having another Tejas team join with all festivities held in Jerry Jones stadium won't be a plus for NU