McCoy says....

To think a QB going into the NCG is going to say about the number 1 team with the best defensive statistics in the nation:

"Oh they are good but I think Nebraska is better" would be totally stupid.

There's a reason that bama is number 1. They have a great defense and a very good offense. They played a tougher schedule (the SEC is tougher this year than the B12) and are undefeated. If I were playing Bama in a few days, I would not say anything that was disrespectful at all. They deserve respect as the number 1 team in the nation. They would likely beat us like a red-headed step child. And I would guess they will beat Texas but that's why they go ahead and play the games.

After giving the kudos like McCoy did; I would hope to go out there and play our best game and kill them! I'm sure McCoy feels the same way.

Our day in the limelight will hopefully come, but to feel slighted when someone that is in the NCG gives kudos to the number one team in the country is silly.

I understand what you're saying. And Bama very well may be that good. I highly doubt they'd beat us like that with our defense, but opinions vary.

My only point is when he says "...Bama's defense is great, better than Nebraska's." That, to me, is different than saying "ya know, bama has a great defense, it may even be better than nebraskas." they give off two completely different meanings, with almost the same wording. Granted McCoy will never have to face us again (at least as a player), but if you're one of the younger guys on the husker d do you not look at that as a slap in the face and want to come out that much stronger next year?

Three possible reasons for McCoy's statements:

1. NU kicked his ass so bad, he's trying to appease Alabama before they play in hopes of not getting beat up as much again--hoping that by saying that they will take it easy on him.

2. He simply can't remember the B12CG. He got knocked around so badly he's purged it from his memory...either that or Suh knocked his short term memory out!

3. He's still pissed that NU killed his Heisman chances, and he'll say anything! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

The difference between the two is NU got to McCoy only using 4 guys so we could drop 7 into coverage. Bama can't and won't get pressure with just their front 4.

Your right. Texas will do better scoring against Bama than they did us...not saying it will be enough to win, but they will score. the combination of the best front 4 in the country and good enough long enough DB's, killed the passing game...that is what kept Texas on its heals...Bama is good, we all know that, but Tx has weapons that will under the right schemes, produce results.

Thoughts?

Is he just saying this because he's going to go against Bama's now? Or is this just his cocky self spouting off again?

Heard it on ESPN in his interview, im sure many of you have seen it already, i saw the interview at work, w/o sound lol.. so i just now heard what was said....

maybe...

just spitballing here...

maybe...

it's his actual opinion. :dunno

I think he's entitled to one.

Isn't he??

:snacks:

McCoy doesn't want to start any bulletin board material. That's just smart on his part.

That said, I'll just say that I believe Nebraska's defense is better than Alabama's defense. Yep, that's what I said. I would like to have seen the points and yards allowed on Alabama if they had our offense this year. Their numbers would be FAR worse than they are. Conversely, I would love to have seen Nebraska's defensive statistics if we had Alabama's offense.

I'm going to go out on a limb and predict that Texas is going to put up a lot more yards and points on Alabama than anyone thinks. I'm not drinking the SEC defensive kool aid.

McCoy doesn't want to start any bulletin board material. That's just smart on his part.

That said, I'll just say that I believe Nebraska's defense is better than Alabama's defense. Yep, that's what I said. I would like to have seen the points and yards allowed on Alabama if they had our offense this year. Their numbers would be FAR worse than they are. Conversely, I would love to have seen Nebraska's defensive statistics if we had Alabama's offense.

I'm going to go out on a limb and predict that Texas is going to put up a lot more yards and points on Alabama than anyone thinks. I'm not drinking the SEC defensive kool aid.

He should have said Alabama's offense is light years ahead of Nebraska offense. :)

The day after the game is when it really matters.

I'm going to go out on a limb and predict that Texas is going to put up a lot more yards and points on Alabama than anyone thinks.

If ya want to go out on a limb, give us numbers.

how many yards and how many points is texas putting on the tide? :dunno

I think Suh made TX a little hypersensitive to defense. Here are some excerpts from an this morning's Dallas paper. They haven't forgotten MISTER Suh.

The Alabama game film has been the stuff of nightmares, Brown suggested.

Think of a cross between the original Jaws and highlights of Ndamukong Suh in the Dr Pepper Big 12 Championship.

"We're not able to sleep," Brown said. "They've got three Suhs up front. That's the problem. Everywhere you look, they've been knocking people down. We've been afraid to show it to our kids."

OK, Alabama isn't that dominant. If the Crimson Tide had three Suh-level players, Colt McCoy might need Secret Service protection.

The Texas offensive line already has discovered the useful phrase "behind us" to describe the Big 12 title game – and not in reference to Suh's location.

Alabama simply bottles teams up, allowing 241.7 yards and 11 points per game thanks to omnipresent linebacker Rolando McClain. Texas managed 202 yards against Nebraska. Draw your own conclusions.

Link to article

I don't know if Alabama's D-Line is as dominant as ours, but their LB corps are mega fast, and they aren't afraid to bring corner blitzes which are even faster than their LB corps.

Tebow was running for his life all day during the SEC Championship Game. Make no mistake, if UT brings that crappy Swiss cheese O-Line play they did in the Big 12 CCG, McCoy will be a dead man in that backfield.

Thoughts?

Is he just saying this because he's going to go against Bama's now? Or is this just his cocky self spouting off again?

Heard it on ESPN in his interview, im sure many of you have seen it already, i saw the interview at work, w/o sound lol.. so i just now heard what was said....

mc coy played like a child against NU, he did very little to help win the game, no TD's, couple a pics and whined like a baby, his kicker saved his a$$ or else Texas would be playing Boise St. if Bama is better he is dog meat in this game, which i think he is anyway.