Band is a no show

Twodocs

there is a list and when you see who went and how many rooms seats and meals it will shock and embarass you

most of the peoiple who go for free could afford to pay they are fat cats stealing perks from students

under state freedom of information they disclose but months later

Its a perk of being a staff member of the university.

However, MONEY ISN'T THE ISSUE HERE. Get that out there 1st. The weather and safety of the students is the issue. You're attempting to make something out of what it isn't. Yes, it sucks for the band, but it's not because the University doesn't have the money

there is a list and when you see who went and how many rooms seats and meals it will shock and embarass you

most of the peoiple who go for free could afford to pay they are fat cats stealing perks from students

However, MONEY ISN'T THE ISSUE HERE. Get that out there 1st. The weather and safety of the students is the issue. You're attempting to make something out of what it isn't. Yes, it sucks for the band, but it's not because the University doesn't have the money

If they could have flown out there would the weather really play a part in anything?

If they could have flown out there would the weather really play a part in anything?

Maybe not. However, they'd have to get a plane that would be able to both fly them to the game on this short notice, AND fly them back from the game.. plus transport all their instruments and other equipment.

<_< Like it or not, it is all about money, and there is nothing that is going to change that, especially now that they can use the economy as an excuse. Not having each representative team's band there definitely takes away from the atmosphere of the bowl. Maybe this is something that the bowl committee itself should look at and put some money towards the travel of the band, or tell the team that they invite that their invitation is based on the condition that they will bring their band.

The university is going to take care of the big donors, which is kind of a joke, because they can financially take care of themselves.

I'm not an alum, so I can't speak with any authority here, but I believe historically the band always travels by bus. Nobody can control the timing of the 2009 Christmas Blizzard. So, the powers that be made the decision not to put these kids at risk by attempting this bus trip. I respect that. Would they have been able to get flights on short notice, and remain sane fiscally? Maybe, maybe not. How about getting their equipment there on time? I agree it will be crappy not having the band there, and it will be noticed. I'm not sure what the options are given the timing of this storm, though. If I were a big time donor with big bucks, I would have been on the phone as soon as dropping the band became an option, trying to work something out.