Bad Exposure?

Personally, I'm kinda proud of Sam. You know the NCAA is gettin some money for the realistic looks in these video games, how is it they can copy every single detail of a player, sell it for millions upon 10's of millions upon 100's of millions of $ each year, but yet the player or university doesnt collect a cent (someone correct me if i'm incorrect on this). I THINK IT'S bullsh#t, and yet a player gets suspended and the school get tv appearences and scholarships taken away if he wipes his ass in the wrong direction. THE NCAA IS A CROOK FACTION AND NEEDS SOMEONE TO SUE THEM A TIME OR TWO.

Personally, I'm kinda proud of Sam. You know the NCAA is gettin some money for the realistic looks in these video games, how is it they can copy every single detail of a player, sell it for millions upon 10's of millions upon 100's of millions of $ each year, but yet the player or university doesnt collect a cent (someone correct me if i'm incorrect on this). I THINK IT'S bullsh#t, and yet a player gets suspended and the school get tv appearences and scholarships taken away if he wipes his ass in the wrong direction. THE NCAA IS A CROOK FACTION AND NEEDS SOMEONE TO SUE THEM A TIME OR TWO.

Sam's just the retarded face of a stupid lawsuit. The lawyer had this thing already written up and approached him about it.

That said, if this somehow affects EA (which I doubt it will) you can kiss watching games on TV goodbye. If they're gonna go after a video game company regarding an alleged digital likeness, why not go after ESPN, CBS, ABC, FSN for raking in billions on broadcasting real images of these kids? If they win that, we will no longer watch games on TV without paying enormous amounts of money.

Didn't think about that, did you?

eh, if they win, it will change the way the NCAA handles all monies anyway. the point is the NCAA already recieves money for broadcasting their images, and doesnt disperse individually to these players. this EA thing is just a vessel for change in how the NCAA disperses money. the strongest angle the lawyers could find.

and if anything, sam could come out of this smelling pretty damn good, a hero of sorts if you will, that finally stuck a significant spear in the mastodon that is the NCAA.

Here's what none of you are seeing. This won't be absorbed by the companies (EA, ESPN, ABC, FSN, CBS). Who do you think will pay for these increased expenses? Yep, us. Games will turn PPV, or we'll have twice as many commercials to pay for costs. It's the beginning of a giant snowball and the kids will see like $50, if that......

Sam's just the retarded face of a stupid lawsuit. The lawyer had this thing already written up and approached him about it.

That said, if this somehow affects EA (which I doubt it will) you can kiss watching games on TV goodbye. If they're gonna go after a video game company regarding an alleged digital likeness, why not go after ESPN, CBS, ABC, FSN for raking in billions on broadcasting real images of these kids? If they win that, we will no longer watch games on TV without paying enormous amounts of money.

Easy....Colonel Saunders!

Easy....Colonel Saunders!

:laughpound

I personally don't see a problem with it as said before. I don't get why he has his panties in a bunch. I would be estatic to see myself on a video game, i would think its cool to see how much of what i look like on the game is actually acurate. I remember seeing an article with Marlon Lucky saying he was one of the first to buy the game a couple of years ago cause he wanted to see himself.

He's probably not really mad about how he looks in the game, probably that his ratings were worse then he thought.

Here's what none of you are seeing. This won't be absorbed by the companies (EA, ESPN, ABC, FSN, CBS). Who do you think will pay for these increased expenses? Yep, us. Games will turn PPV, or we'll have twice as many commercials to pay for costs. It's the beginning of a giant snowball and the kids will see like $50, if that......

i completely see that. but i also see that lawyers are going to make something happen one day...things change...there is too much money in it for themselves to not. its a giant, UNSTOPPABLE snowball. the ncaa is going to go down on something one of these days, whether its being forced into a playoff because of government involvement, or being forced to change how money is distributed by private, suit-hawking lawyers and smaller universities themselves.

Sorry but this post is ridiculous. EA and its games have nothing to do with watching football on TV the NCAA controls that just like the NFL controls all of its film. EA makes games and uses college football players likeness that is a fact if you have ever played any of the games. It does not mention in the ESPN video that former NFL players that have had their likeness used in EA games have also joined the suit. They also previously won a lawsuit against the NFLPA for using there likenesses. I don't know who is right in this situation but I am sure that it won't effect you watching college sports on TV.