When will the pain end?

I hate bringing this up but with 2 seconds till the half tamu went to down the ball the ball hit with about .3 sec left...the refs never replayed it and the announcers are wondering y they didn't...BsC

The announcers also cited the UT/NU game to further their point too.

I hate bringing this up but with 2 seconds till the half tamu went to down the ball the ball hit with about .3 sec left...the refs never replayed it and the announcers are wondering y they didn't...BsC

This goes to prove that the replay rule is subject to interpretation by the head official, and not a mandatory replay rule as was stated by that douche nozzle Beebe unless the Big 12 has different rules governing this.

In college basketball there has to be .6 sec left on the clock to allow a play if I'm not mistaken, but most clocks used for college football do not count down by tenths of a second, so I don't know if this rule applies.

So a couple weeks ago the Eagles were playing the Giants on national TV (on MNF I think).

It's about to be halftime, Eagles kickoff after recently scoring in a game where they are up by a bit of points. The kickoff is fumbled, recovered by the Eagles and it can be clearly seen there is time left on the clock when the ball is recovered and the recoverer is down.

The time expires and the teams go to locker rooms for halftime - no questions, no harm, no foul.

I really didn't think much into this other than "ha, that sucks, Eagles coulda gotten 3 more points easy". And I realize the the relation to our situation is minimal, NFL rules to Big12 rules. Ok whatever.

Just now, aggies vs UGA. Aggies spike the ball with clearly 1.3s left and have time to kick a field goal to go into the locker room at halftime cutting down the lead from 14-7 to 14-10... Pretty important 3 poitns they were working for in their 2min drill. The clock runs out. This time since it is NOT a big12 game it is not only LEGAL but mandatory to review the play. No review took place and everyone just looks the other way that the time expired.

Soooo, so much BS going on with our game. This is now twice where I have personally witnessed time coming off the clock at "crucial" times in the game with no review. I honestly think there needs to be a petition for that game to be changed in the recordbooks, the NCAA/Big12 officials should be investigated like the NBA officials. Lastly I honestly think officiating should be taken out of the game completely - between the ability to influence the games like they do every day and the stupid "late hit" and "head to head" penalties meant to "protect the players" they are really ruining the game and making me lose interest.

its like a damn little longhorn is living inside my heart, and everytime something like this happens he starts rootin around and celebrating all over again in there. im just as pissed off and upset as i was the night of december 6th.

LOL - best description yet :D.

edit:

every time i see a dropped pass i now look at the clock to watch an extra second tick off *sigh*

Come on guys it is over. Life is not always fair.

We lost the game, and I am certain we could look at every game where time was wasted or shelved.

But it does no good.

Move forward and support the Huskers against another tough foe.

Arizona needs our attention, it could be as close.

Come on guys it is over. Life is not always fair.

We lost the game, and I am certain we could look at every game where time was wasted or shelved.

But it does no good.

Move forward and support the Huskers against another tough foe.

Arizona needs our attention, it could be as close.

:yeah

im not sure you have this whole "fan" thing figured out. of course it does no good. but thats what fans do. you ever catch the end of the 84 miami/neb orange bowl on espn classic? everytime i do i pray the pass is completed. i have hope that it will. go tell bills fans to forget about norwood. or tell boston to get over buckner. somewhere there are two or three real mizzou fans that havent forgot about the 5th down. and there are several fanbases that the mere mention of ed hochuli's name is liable to get you punched. its sports.

Actually giving a ref an opportunity to alter a game with his decision is what lost that game. It took a lot of mistakes to give the horns an opportunity. I still blame most of our woes on the piss poor qb play we have seen. Line blocking? How do you spread the field when the defense has absolutely no fear of your pass game or your qb's ability to scramble or make plays? How do 5 or 6 block 8 or 9? Basically I blame the bulk of our losses against lousy qb play and the terrible play calling that resulted from it. That's why Bo defends Watts so hard. He knows what Watts has to work with. The most pathetic qb in modern NU history.