Was FSU a better team then Nebraska in the 90's?

C-4

Florida State never finished out of the top 5 in the 90s, and won 2 championships. We won 3, but had a couple of worse teams in the early 90s and 98. I think they lost 13, we lost 16, if I counted correctly. Head to head they beat us 2-0. The only measure we can say we were better were the 3 championships. Take your pick which criteria is most important.

Plus, it really doesn't matter. Both were great.

Head to head they beat us 2-0.

Can't really argue with that. We were great and so were they.

But they get the edge.

Probably the first post of yours I disagree with.

Would any fan rather take what happened to Florida State or Nebraska during that span? I have hard time beleiving that a fan rather not have had a chance to play in 4 NC and almost a chance at one more then to have only played in two and not be seen as the best team ever.

But they get the edge.

Would any fan rather take what happened to Florida State or Nebraska during that span? I have hard time beleiving that a fan rather not have had a chance to play in 4 NC and almost a chance at one more then to have only played in two and not be seen as the best team ever.

I can't remember. Did the McPherson point shaving/gambling scandal at FSU take place in the late 90s or early 2000s? That was the beginning of the end for Bowden and FSU.

But they get the edge.

Except that FSU didn't play in just two games for the NC. They won two, and played in two others (96 and 98). And as far as "almost a chance" years, their "wide right" losses are a LOT closer than ours.