ATH Kain Colter

:dunno "Stump" was the Class 3A MVP which is a lower level of competition, but if he can throw and run, you'd think he'd have some kind of rating. (No stars means he hasn't even been evaluated.)

Scout had him in camp and says he is 6', but they don't have any articles since then. Maybe it's his grades?

Discuss Darian Godfey further here:

http://www.huskerboard.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=40799

In case there was any doubt, the following quote from Colter (via Rivals) clarifies that NU has narrowed their QB wish list to (in no particular order) Carnes, Colter and Godfrey, and that NU has not offered a scholarship to any of them yet.

"I met Coach Watson in my coach's office for a while on Thursday," Colter said. "We had a good, long conversation. I heard what I wanted to hear. He said, right now, they haven't offered a scholarship to a quarterback but are trying to move quickly. They're looking at three quarterbacks - me, a kid from Florida and other guy. He's going to sit down with coach (Bo) Pelini and let me know where things stand soon."

Sounds like the staff is currently evaluating these three QBs.

To me it sounds like on Carnes visit they will offer him and tell him he has about a day or two to commit and if he doesn't then they will offer Colter who will most likely commit on the spot. I could be wrong but that's just the vibe I get.

It is either us or Northwestern with Colter. He likes Northwestern for the academic prestige. I think Kenny Bell is going to get him N if we end up offering.

To me it sounds like on Carnes visit they will offer him and tell him he has about a day or two to commit and if he doesn't then they will offer Colter who will most likely commit on the spot. I could be wrong but that's just the vibe I get.

At least on film Colter seems at least as good as Carnes. Either one would be a great get and both --- IMHO --- are better than Gabbert for where NU is headed.

With Colter especially running the offense we ran against Arizona, he would be deadly. He is 10 times the runner that Lee is.

At least on film Colter seems at least as good as Carnes. Either one would be a great get and both --- IMHO --- are better than Gabbert for where NU is headed.

With Colter especially running the offense we ran against Arizona, he would be deadly. He is 10 times the runner that Lee is.

:yeah

If we want him he is going to have a hard time saying no.

From Husker Journal

Waiting For Visit Date

“Right now Nebraska can call me once a week and I talked to Coach Watson just before the bowl game. Coach Watson said he heard that I de-committed and once they get off the dead period he will contact me and set up a visit. I know I haven’t talked to Coach (Bo) Pelini because he has been traveling with Ndamukong Suh with awards ceremonies. So were waiting on him.” Colter said

It sounds like to me that I have an offer but I haven’t received the papers yet, I don’t want to speak too soon. I think the offer is coming pretty soon I’m going to talk to Coach Watson if it’s coming soon.” Colter said

From Husker Journal

Waiting For Visit Date

“Right now Nebraska can call me once a week and I talked to Coach Watson just before the bowl game. Coach Watson said he heard that I de-committed and once they get off the dead period he will contact me and set up a visit. I know I haven’t talked to Coach (Bo) Pelini because he has been traveling with Ndamukong Suh with awards ceremonies. So were waiting on him.” Colter said

It sounds like to me that I have an offer but I haven’t received the papers yet, I don’t want to speak too soon. I think the offer is coming pretty soon I’m going to talk to Coach Watson if it’s coming soon.” Colter said

It'll be interesting to see how this plays out. It certainly won't give Carnes any time to sit on our offer after his visit. Sounds like the coaches want a QB in this class regardless.

If you look at Colter's QB film from his Junior year before he had all the arm problems you can see how he would definately fit in the offense that we showed against Zona.

Yeah I've watched it. He's a baller, no doubt.

Hypothetically speaking, IF and I say IF Carnes & Colter both turn down our offers, then I say forget about pursuing a QB in 2010 and focus on getting 2 next year. Assuming Jamal Turner is still high on us this time of the year next season, then we'll only have to go after 1 QB.