Alex Henery

How the hell this guy wasn't first team All Big 12 is beyond me.

Great punter, even better kicker.

I'd bet a lot of you guys said the same thing I did over and over this year when he punted and got the ball to backspin: "Damn, I wish I could get my pitching wedge to do that!"

The guy is money on FG's and he is the best punter in the nation.

He'd better get his props next year...if not...oh well, I'm sure that an NFL contract and a couple million a year (down the road, kickers don't get paid as well early in their careers) will be a nice reward for him after a great career at NU.

The amount of kicks Henery has had downed inside the three this year is just stunning. Some P's probably don't manage that number for "inside the 20"

Agreed! I think his absence from the team next year could have an even bigger effect than that of Suh's departure.

Edit: My bad, I thought Henery was a Senior this year. :wacko:

Thats not usually an advantage. I cant think of one kicker that does both in the NFL. Punters hold place kicks.

True, but he'd be a very sound backup at the other position in case the other guy got hurt or strained a leg, or just had a terrible day. That's worth something.

They want dual-purpose kickers because it frees up a slot on their roster