Future Games

One game that that is on the sched for 2011 is the wyo game. I know it wont be a huge game(unless we happen to lose) but I am really looking forward to it. Not for any reason but for family rivalry. My sister went to wyo and met her husband who hates everything Nebraska. For years I've been telling him that the Big Red is going to make the trip there and the huskers are going to paint the town RED. I know I'm gonna be there and I'm hoping to bring along about 30 to 40 thousand of my big red family and western NE will get another chance to "represent"!

Just wondering if anyone else has any games (other than the obvious games like UT, OU, and other big games)that they are looking forward to. GBR :):espnsucks:

Never heard of anything bad comming out of Laramie related to football games. I only went to one of them that was actually the border war with CSU that gets bitter, but I was in a drunken haze the whole time that I was there. Had a lot of fun for what its worth. :)

Spent a lot of time in the Gillette area around 10 years ago. Wyoming is the very definition of lax liquor laws. They make Louisiana look like Utah, drive through beer, drinking contests, and no open container (last I knew), even in the cars..... People are pretty nice, from what I can remember. Although one guy buried his wife in an active open pit mine by blowing up the wall around her.... <_<

There's nothing wrong with Washington.. they are a legitimate program and will be pretty good next year. They already accomplished a lot since getting Sarkisian - expect them to make another leap next year. Even Wyoming is a step above teams like Arkansas State in my opinion. The only reason I'd rather play Ark. St. is because of southern exposure.

yeah, Wash doesnt bother me. Its hard for anyone to predict what level these programs will be at when they have to schedule them so far out. I mean, VTech snagged both games from us because we were 'down.' Neither does Wyoming once or twice a decade...its nice for the fans that live out that way, and as evidenced by their bowl win, theyre a solid program.

Now, there is absolutely no excuse for south dakota state game next year, and what happened this year with THREE teams from the same sh#t conference being on the schedule. pedeysuck is absolutely to blame for this current run of crap. We do have Fresno State coming to town in two years, and when they were scheduled, they were rockin it.

Give me one Notre Dame, USC, Va Tech, or Miami type game a year, and just make the rest at least DIV 1 programs, and i dont think you can ask for much more. And really, anything much more than that is a little unrealistic

AND-- Games I'd love to see: LSU, any service academy (wasnt there talk of one of these match ups not too long ago? Navy???), TCU, Ohio State (texas got 'em, why not us?), and Iowa again

ive heard horror stories about the fans there. like, worse than colorado type stuff.

any truth to it? got any inside info from your sis? i think it would be a fun little out of town game to go to, but not if i have to fight my way out of the saloon.

I have never heard of anything bad going on there...I hope that isn't true.

The non-conf is a joke. It is a rip off to the fans, players, and coaches. I am so happy they think people come to Nebraska to play teams like Wy, SD, and Wash. Hopefully Tom will get some better match ups in the future, Ped made this schedule I believe?

The 2010 slate was set by SP and Callahan for sure. Look though at what Jamrog and Pelini have added over the past 2 years, a series with Tennessee, Miami, Fresno St., I think they were the ones that added UCLA. They also added Wyoming but that series is interesting IMO.

The non-conf is a joke. It is a rip off to the fans, players, and coaches. I am so happy they think people come to Nebraska to play teams like Wy, SD, and Wash. Hopefully Tom will get some better match ups in the future, Ped made this schedule I believe?

The 2010 slate was set by SP and Callahan for sure. Look though at what Jamrog and Pelini have added over the past 2 years, a series with Tennessee, Miami, Fresno St., I think they were the ones that added UCLA. They also added Wyoming but that series is interesting IMO.

Don't underestimate Wyoming, they are getting better as a football program...though admittedly they have a ways to go. Another thing, I have never understood how, with all the wind in Wyoming, they could be in a passing conference. That is one place that if you can control the clock and keep it on the ground, I would think you would have a better chance of winning. Field Goals could always be an adventure.

Wasn't there talk of a home and away series with Boise St? It would be a lot of fun to bring them to town.

Some Yahoo guy made a deal of this, never will get off the ground. We both need someone to play in the first week and both of us are available. BUT, it will not happen. Nebraska has nothing to gain from this match up and they want over $1million for the game.