What to call the wildcat formantion

The "Jesus Christ please give us a damn touchdown" formation.

The "Jesus Christ please give us a damn touchdown" formation.

That's the third best so far.

Nice work.

Sorry, that's a disqualifier.

You will be criticized by some here by using the "God card," and we wouldn't want to scare them away. Boogity Boogity.

It would be perfectly fine with me if the entire college football watching world just called it "The Wildcat" no matter who runs it or where. As others far more astute than I have pointed out, every f'ing school doesn't get a special name for when they line up in the shotgun, under center or virtually any other formation. This obsession with having a unique cutesy name for every team in the country that runs this old gimmick play is getting old. "Trickeration" old.

Booyah.

It would be perfectly fine with me if the entire college football watching world just called it "The Wildcat" no matter who runs it or where. As others far more astute than I have pointed out, every f'ing school doesn't get a special name for when they line up in the shotgun, under center or virtually any other formation. This obsession with having a unique cutesy name for every team in the country that runs this old gimmick play is getting old. "Trickeration" old.

:worship

:worship

Wow!!!

i'll admit that it worked for us, and has worked wonders for other teams, but i have an honest question. whats the difference between running the wildcat and any other offense if your QB can run?

There's a huge difference if your entire offense isn't predicated on using a running QB often. The distinction is in that, in a wildcat, you are using 2 very competent runners, as opposed to one very competent (RB) and one marginally competent (QB) runner. There aren't enough legitimate running threat QBs to go around and, even if there were, it wouldn't behoove every offense to turn to using them.

In my opinion it is still substandard to a triple-option package, though.