Zone Read Triple Option?

I finally saw Lee run a decent option which he pitched to Burkhead earlier in the game. This was the play before the reverse to Niles Paul. Was that off of the zone read? (I have been wondering if you could run triple options out of the zone read.) Lee seemed to have more room to operate, unlike that trap option on the short side of the field he ran later in the game which he ran poorly like all the others this season.

you could run a triple option off the zone read a lot of ways

1 way would be to put a RB on each side of the qb then either hand off to one of the RB or carry out the option with the other RB

or you could motion a WR over and do the same

i don't know if we ever ran a triple option like this out of shotgun tho or not

I finally saw Lee run a decent option which he pitched to Burkhead earlier in the game. This was the play before the reverse to Niles Paul. Was that off of the zone read?

It was nice to see Lee execute that play....to many times he either doesnt pitch it or waits too long to pitch it....

Did anyone watch the Air Force game? I know Houston was blowing it, but I think we could learn a few things from them and Florida.

here is what i learned from florida: get into a bcs game and be sure to play Cincy.

doesn't hurt that they have jebus playing for them. i should call the romans.

The funniest thing about the BCS game with Florida and Cincy was how all the talking heads were clowning Tebow on his throwing motion, not taking any snaps from center, etc. Jimmy Johnson said it best when he said Tebow is going to cause a lot of GM's in the NFL headaches because the fans want him even though all of his mechanics will have to be corrected.

I finally saw Lee run a decent option which he pitched to Burkhead earlier in the game. This was the play before the reverse to Niles Paul. Was that off of the zone read?

It was nice to see Lee execute that play....to many times he either doesnt pitch it or waits too long to pitch it....

It still doesn't mean I want to see Lee running the Option. I think that's a play best left in Watson's hip pocket until Green takes over at QB, or Martinez, or anyone not named Zac Lee.

I like Lee, but he's just not an Option QB. Square peg, round hole. Stop pounding!