Please take a deep breath.

I think NU has a shot at the top 10 next year when it's said and done. I don't believe that NU will have the offense they need to be dominant. I just don't believe in Watson or his offense. Until he proves me wrong on a consistent basis (see his overall B12 offensive rankings in his career), I will continue to think in those terms.

The defense? Yes NU loses a special player...a once-in-a-generation-player. But I still believe NU will have a top 10-15 defense next year, and that will prove (with even a mediocre offense!) to be what helps push NU into the top 10 and a BCS bowl.

I think we'll be in the MNC mix next year. That doesn't mean we'll win it, but we'll be in the discussion. That's all you can really hope for each season. You never know when injuries, lucky bounces, and bad officiating will influence a game for or against NU.

For the offense, I think we'll have a top 25 offense next season. I know that sounds crazy, but we've got 10 starters returning. 10! With 3 quality RB's, all with some experience, and an improving OL, we should have the running game next season many were predicting us to have this year. Also, the WR's and TE's look pretty solid and could be special if Paul and McNeil excel and another WR and TE is at least solid. The QB position could be good, bad, or even ugly, but I think it'll be decent due to health, experience, and an improved OL.

For the defense, I don't think we'll be as dominating as this year, no matter what Bo says. But I still think we'll be top 10 or 15. That's still a really good defense. Losing Suh, Dillard, Asante, and O'Hanlon will definitely hurt. But our DB's look excellent and the DL should still be strong with Crick, Allen, and Meredith. The real question for me will be whether the LB's can emerge and play even close to how Dillard did. And how many running vs passing teams we'll face. Teams might find some success running, but passing teams could be in trouble against those corners.

Here's what it takes to be a top ten team this year:

RK	Team		OFF	DEF	 W	L
1	Alabama	  25	   2	13	0
2	Texas		 3	   8	13	0
3	Cincinnati	5	  44	12	0
4	TCU		   4	   4	12	0
5	Florida	  10	   5	12	1
6	Boise St.	 1	  15	13	0
7	Oregon		8	  51	10	2
8	Ohio St.	 49	   6	10	2
9	GA Tech	  13	  56	11	2
10	Iowa		86	   9	10	2

22	Nebraska	75	   1	10	4

That's the current BCS top ten, scoring and offense/defense ranks, plus our rank. With any kind of competent offense and even taking a step or two back on defense, we're definitely top ten material.

Here's what it takes to be a top ten team this year:

RK	Team		OFF	DEF	 W	L
1	Alabama	  25	   2	13	0
2	Texas		 3	   8	13	0
3	Cincinnati	5	  44	12	0
4	TCU		   4	   4	12	0
5	Florida	  10	   5	12	1
6	Boise St.	 1	  15	13	0
7	Oregon		8	  51	10	2
8	Ohio St.	 49	   6	10	2
9	GA Tech	  13	  56	11	2
10	Iowa		86	   9	10	2

22	Nebraska	75	   1	10	4

That's the current BCS top ten, scoring and offense/defense ranks, plus our rank. With any kind of competent offense and even taking a step or two back on defense, we're definitely top ten material.

we should play iowa sometime :koolaid2::koolaid2::koolaid2:

I say we have a pretty good shot at going into next preseason ranked 12th. However, we have the same problem we had last year on offense: QB play, WR, and o-line. I know we played great in the Holiday Bowl, but that was one game amongst nine or ten other games in which the offense struggled mightily.

Add to this fact that we are losing some big-time players on defense and there's definitely some uneasy feelings about next season. Alot of excitement yes, but alot of uncertainty too.

We are excited about the POSSIBILITY of winning a National Championship next year. It's the best chance we've had in nearly a decade. Why would we not be excited about it?

Something changed in this team late this year. We as a team and a fanbase feel that we can play and beat anyone in the nation. There is nothing wrong with that, as long as we don't over-react if we do lose one or two. The problem is too many people expect an undefeated season, rather than hope for an undefeated season.

I say we have a pretty good shot at going into next preseason ranked 12th. However, we have the same problem we had last year on offense: QB play, WR, and o-line. I know we played great in the Holiday Bowl, but that was one game amongst nine or ten other games in which the offense struggled mightily.

Add to this fact that we are losing some big-time players on defense and there's definitely some uneasy feelings about next season. Alot of excitement yes, but alot of uncertainty too.

We're definitely not going to be in the same boat at QB, WR and OL as we were this year. Our top two QBs will have had significant time practicing with the #1 offense (both of them) and Lee will have a season's worth of learning and growing under pressure to add to his resume. Green has gotten game action in several games, including starting two of them, one of which was against (perhaps) the best defense we played all year. On top of that add in a returning Spano and Taylor Martinez, and you've got some depth and talent to work with.

Our WRs may be pretty good next year. Niles seemed to turn the corner this season, and was a legit go-to guy down the stretch. Kinnie saw the field quite a bit and will have that experience to draw on next year, and from everything we've seen, he's like a better Meno Holt. Plus we've got guys like Khiry Cooper and Antonio Bell coming back who show a lot of promise. Even Gilly might be better, but we'll see.

The OL can't not be better. We're adding a JUCO who seems legit, plus Qvale and Jeremiah Sirles come off redshirt years, meaning we should have talent and depth across the line.

This is the kool-aid guzzling approach to these positions, I'll admit, but they're all legit hopes for all three positions.