USC SUCKS

ESPN is reporting that there is "mutual interest" in Pete Carroll taking the head coaching job for the Seattle Seahawks.

This has got to help our chances with OWA, but what other recruits do we have a chance at stealing (if any) from USC?

Kyle Prater? Corey Cooper's HS teammate in Illinois?

I guess this is somewhat entertaining discussion for a slow offseason day, but we've been down this road many times before with Carroll being courted by NFL teams. A few years ago I finally decided to quit listening to any of those rumors and just get excited if/when he does leave USC.

Until then, dedhoarse

AHHH why can't we have 10 scholarship spots still open not 2 or 3

If this was the case the entire negative nancies on this board would be like, "Man this staff sucks!!! Why can't we recruit? Look at Texas, their class is full! Our Coaches are taking vacations, they suck, suck, suck......" and so on.

Carroll isn't going any where unless he has total control, thats what he's been saying for years! My guess is he'll wait for the L.A. football team to finally get here and he'll head there. However, with the possibilities of sanctions coming he might bolt! McKnight is heading out to avoid any more trouble, they just tagged the basketball team because of Mayo! So who knows!

Also, I'd take it easy on the staff and recruiting. Kids outside of Nebraska don't have any clue about Nebraska anymore till this year. Also, have you lived in TX, FL, CA? Its not that easy to get kids to come to Lincoln, NE! Once they are there its another story!

TX is the only school in the country with facilities as nice as ours, they've been a big name school the last 5-10 years, and Austin is a way better than Lincoln, NE!!

Pelini is going to get his guys, its just going to take another year. High School players and coaches are seeing what Pelini is able to do with averaging 3 star players. Just like the rest of us, they'll start to understand what he'll do with superstars! Then look out!