USC SUCKS

Okay, I'm always skeptical about stories of Carroll leaving SC for the NFL. But I just spoke with my buddy in southern CA who says that all of the insiders in SoCal sports have been going on sports radio over the last couple of hours saying that Carroll to the Seahawks is a done deal. Apparently Seattle interviewed Carroll earlier in the week (before they fired Mora) in order to gauge Pete's interest in the job. ESPN is reporting that Carroll is trying to convince Trojans OC Jeremy Bates to leave with him to Seattle.

So all of this is to say that this discussion might actually be relevant. :woo

According to Rivals, U$C 5-star RB commit Dillon Baxter says that it is his impression that Carroll will leave the Trojans to coach Seattle. Baxter said of Carroll, "He's gone. I don't even know right now. I've been trying to talk to the coaches but they don't want to talk to me. So far, it's undecided what's going on with me. I don't know. I have to talk with my family a little bit more and see what's going on.

"It's definitely a big question mark right now. I've been committed for so long. I haven't been looking at too many colleges. All these colleges are blowing me up, people are blowing me up so I have to see what's going on.

"...The coaches didn't even call me and tell me. I found out from (other) colleges and interviewers. That's the whole reason I committed to get it over with but such is life.

"The (USC) coaches told me a lot over three years. I guess it's business so I just have to go with it. I don't even know. I don't even know what to say right now. It's crazy."

Doesn't look good for the Trojans!!! :devil

According to Rivals, U$C 5-star RB commit Dillon Baxter says that it is his impression that Carroll will leave the Trojans to coach Seattle. Baxter said of Carroll, "He's gone. I don't even know right now. I've been trying to talk to the coaches but they don't want to talk to me. So far, it's undecided what's going on with me. I don't know. I have to talk with my family a little bit more and see what's going on.

"It's definitely a big question mark right now. I've been committed for so long. I haven't been looking at too many colleges. All these colleges are blowing me up, people are blowing me up so I have to see what's going on.

"...The coaches didn't even call me and tell me. I found out from (other) colleges and interviewers. That's the whole reason I committed to get it over with but such is life.

"The (USC) coaches told me a lot over three years. I guess it's business so I just have to go with it. I don't even know. I don't even know what to say right now. It's crazy."

Doesn't look good for the Trojans!!! :devil

we'll take ya Dexter :) bring prater and woods too... oh and scroggins...

ESPN is saying the leading candidate is the Oregon State coach. And isn't Owa still somewhat considering them? If so, that only helps.

Well, he was....

Meanwhile, more fallout for USC recruiting. Here are some more quotes from current Trojan commits today via Rivals:

Dillon Baxter - "He's gone man. I've haven't talked to the coaches yet - they won't talk to me."

George Uko - "He is really gone."

Kyle Prater - "I don't even want to talk about that." He walked away with a "sickened" look on his face, declining further comment.

Let the poaching being in earnest!