Deja Vu

mwj98

Coach is fired after successful season.......

D-Coordinator takes over for bowl game and wins convincingly.......

D-Coordinator tells administrator is wants the job...........

Athletic Director brings in person from outside the program........

fill in the blanks.....

I am not a tech fan and I don't like leach, but damn this sounds very familiar!

fill in the blanks.....

I get where you are going with this, but it isn't even close to what happened with Solich. There may have been some parallels to the personnel moves but not to the reasons why.

Leach screwed Leach in this case. He went looking around for other jobs last year as a power play to extort as much money as he could from TT. It was his arrogance in not figuring the administration at TT wouldn't have an axe to grind, and would look for for any little thing to void his contract.

Solich was just a patsy for a power hungry AD who wanted to put his stamp on the program. Pedey got tired of people saying, "TO would have done this", or "TO would have done that." So Pedey decided he would erase everything TO, and that included former coaching staff, so he alone could would be the one to take credit for Husker football's rise from the ashes.

all I know is Texas Tech doesnt have the ultimate weapon to ride in and save their asses. What came out of this debacle is that the athletic dept and the boosters are just as big, probably bigger since they are still there, of a problem for the Tech program than Leach was. Its no secret that boosters were pushing for a Briles hire well before Leach ever went power playing. What Leach did isnt right by any means, but I cant blame him for having something like that constantly hanging over his head. He wasnt liked, wasnt a "west texas man." The same things that charmed him to the media irked boosters for years. There is no Tom Osborne for Tech. They better hope Tubberville has what it takes, because they could end up back in the stone age.

fill in the blanks.....

And he wins the Alamo Bowl...and beats Michigan State...(cue Twilight Zone intro here) :ohnoes

Solich was just a patsy for a power hungry AD who wanted to put his stamp on the program. Pedey got tired of people saying, "TO would have done this", or "TO would have done that." So Pedey decided he would erase everything TO, and that included former coaching staff, so he alone could would be the one to take credit for Husker football's rise from the ashes.

Good point, cept there was no rise from the ashes under Pederson, it was an express elevator to hell.