Congratulations Huskers - The 2010 North Champs

Not counting my chickens before they come home to roost...or some such stupid saying like that...but it's pretty obvious that with the returning players and the favorable schedule the Huskers have coming up in 2010, they should be a shoe-in to dominate the B-12 North in 2010...here's how I think it will all play out.

Nebraska - I think I see an 11-1 season coming up in 2010. The Huskers should destroy their non-con opponents and then go on to toy with a regular schedule that features what is called the "easy" trip though the Big-12 South. The only real challenge I see in 2010 are the back-to-back OK State and Texas games. One of those two games will probably end up being the only blemish on the Husker 2010 record. The Huskers should be able to toy with the division rivals along with A&M.

Missouri - I believe Missouri will be the runner up in the North at 7-5. The easiest non-conference schedule in the North should give them four wins to start the season after which they should be able to power by Colorado, ISU and Kansas. A&M is also a possibility. Don't think they have enough in the tank to get by Oklahoma, Texas Tech or Nebraska and think KSU will take them.

Kansas State - I forsee a 6-6 record for the Wildcats. Someone in their scheduling department messed up and put a couple of quality opponents into their non-conference schedule (UCLA and Central Florida). During the regular season, KSU plays enough patsies (ISU, KU, Baylor and CU) and has enough returning talent to be able to come out of the year with at least bowl eligiblity.

Kansas - Turner should be able to come out of the year with a 5-7 record and something to build on. Kansas finally added a couple of decent teams to their non-conference schedule with Georgia Tech and Southern Miss, which will hurt but they also have the easier southern division trip through the Big12 featuring Baylor, A&M, and OK State. Kansas should be able to dispatch Iowa State, Colorado and Baylor along with non-conference puffs North Dakota State and New Mexico State

Iowa State - The Clones are doomed to, at best, a 3-9 season. After a rousing bowl season in 2009, it's back to the cellar. Three of their first four games are against 2009 bowl participants and they play 8 bowl participants total. Who was the moron that scheduled Northern Illinois, Iowa, Utah and Texas Tech all in the first five games with just UNI (definately not a team to screw with) as the only break in there? Cyclone opponents in 2010 had a combined record of 97-53 with only two (KU and CU) finishing with a losing record. Gonna be a long year for the Clones...

Colorado - The Buffs are also in for a long year and, along with the Cyclones, should be kicked to a 3-9 record at best. They have California and Georgia in their non-conference schedule, along with always tough Colorado State. They also have Oklahoma and Texas Tech from the South to contend with. Happpily for the Buffs, they have Hawaii, Baylor and possibly ISU to kick around. After those three, wins look to be few and far between.

So there you go. Huskers will be the North champs in 2010. You heard it here first!

Nebraska - I think I see an 11-1 season coming up in 2010. The Huskers should destroy their non-con opponents and then go on to toy with a regular schedule that features what is called the "easy" trip though the Big-12 South. The only real challenge I see in 2010 are the back-to-back OK State and Texas games. One of those two games will probably end up being the only blemish on the Husker 2010 record. The Huskers should be able to toy with the division rivals along with A&M.

I'm more concerned with Washington than I am with Okie Lite and UT. Locker is a good QB and Sarc seems to be a good coach. Plus it's an away game. UT and Okie Lite both lose their starting QB and top recievers. UT at home gives us an advantage and Okie Lite's talent level will most likely drop now that Zac and Dez are gone.

Not counting my chickens before they come home to roost...or some such stupid saying like that...but it's pretty obvious that with the returning players and the favorable schedule the Huskers have coming up in 2010, they should be a shoe-in to dominate the B-12 North in 2010...here's how I think it will all play out.

Missouri - I believe Missouri will be the runner up in the North at 7-5. The easiest non-conference schedule in the North should give them four wins to start the season after which they should be able to power by Colorado, ISU and Kansas. A&M is also a possibility. Don't think they have enough in the tank to get by Oklahoma, Texas Tech or Nebraska and think KSU will take them.

Kansas State - I forsee a 6-6 record for the Wildcats. Someone in their scheduling department messed up and put a couple of quality opponents into their non-conference schedule (UCLA and Central Florida). During the regular season, KSU plays enough patsies (ISU, KU, Baylor and CU) and has enough returning talent to be able to come out of the year with at least bowl eligiblity.

Kansas - Turner should be able to come out of the year with a 5-7 record and something to build on. Kansas finally added a couple of decent teams to their non-conference schedule with Georgia Tech and Southern Miss, which will hurt but they also have the easier southern division trip through the Big12 featuring Baylor, A&M, and OK State. Kansas should be able to dispatch Iowa State, Colorado and Baylor along with non-conference puffs North Dakota State and New Mexico State

Iowa State - The Clones are doomed to, at best, a 3-9 season. After a rousing bowl season in 2009, it's back to the cellar. Three of their first four games are against 2009 bowl participants and they play 8 bowl participants total. Who was the moron that scheduled Northern Illinois, Iowa, Utah and Texas Tech all in the first five games with just UNI (definately not a team to screw with) as the only break in there? Cyclone opponents in 2010 had a combined record of 97-53 with only two (KU and CU) finishing with a losing record. Gonna be a long year for the Clones...

Colorado - The Buffs are also in for a long year and, along with the Cyclones, should be kicked to a 3-9 record at best. They have California and Georgia in their non-conference schedule, along with always tough Colorado State. They also have Oklahoma and Texas Tech from the South to contend with. Happpily for the Buffs, they have Hawaii, Baylor and possibly ISU to kick around. After those three, wins look to be few and far between.

So there you go. Huskers will be the North champs in 2010. You heard it here first!

holy crap! who ever does ISU football scheduling needs a :nutz

This is a new style of predictioneering for you, Cy. I figured I'd see the line "The Huskers will go 11-1, with their only real challenge coming from Iowa State. That's right, don't be surprised."

I mean, coming after the year you guys BEAT us, in our house...c'mon, Cy :) Why the lack of faith?

If only it were this easy, I never thought Iowa State would down us, there is a reason we play the games, no matter how ridiculous it may seem :cop:

Exactly. :boxosoap Why don't we just pull one of the old national Championship trophies out of the case, have a big party at Memorial where we tear down the goal posts, celebrate wins over teams we don't even bother playing and have Sports Illustrated make up one of those special packages they make for national champions, so we can read about how great we are without even having to be great. Of course I'm going to sound like one of the negative posters who always take crap on this board for not being drunk on :koolaid2: , but we haven't done anything yet to stake a claim on 10 -2, 11-1, 12-0 or any other record. We haven't even taken part in winter conditioning yet and everyone is talking about how we will cruise through our schedule next year. Hell, we don't even have to worry about UT next year. I may as well not even watch and just check the score - of the ass-whooping we are going to hand them - on Sportscenter that night. Man, the team that just chooses who they want to sign each year isn't going to have any talent next year? Oh wait, I forgot, it's a HOME game, we've never lost one of those before, have we? We will probably have a good defense next year. Other than that it is a crapshoot. :rant

Did someone slip something in your coffee? Or are you trying a little reverse psychology, hoping some actual players will come across your post? ;) Either way you're being awfully kind to Nebraska, and I'm surprised you are only predicting three wins for the Clones. (I personally think they'll manage around five.) I certainly wouldn't be so quick to write off Washington or Texas A&M on Nebraska's schedule. There is no telling what our offense will be like. Our offensive line could see improvement, or they could be completely average again. I personally don't envision Zac Lee shaking off all his issues, while Cody Green may or may not even get to see the field in any significant role. The Wildcat with B. Rex was nice, but I see it only as a wrinkle, not a staple. On defense, I am not as confident as most that losing Suh, Dillard, Asante and even O'Hanlon will be so easy to overcome.

We'll see though. I see 10-2 much more likely, which is alright by me, as long as we win the North.